Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

A 14-year-old boy got into a fight at a school bus stop and the police officer responded by shooting

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
When police tell you to freeze you freeze. I'm sorry the kid got killed and the officer is probably in the wrong (that's for a jury to decide) but let's face it if the kid had atleast a gumption of respect for authority he would not have ran and would be alive today.

Wrong. The kid got killed because he pissed the cop off. The cop knew he was unarmed, and he had already established a pattern of brutality before this incident and had been recommended for termination of employment for his iron fisted ways. He knew that kid was scared for his life, and instead of just letting the boy go as he was ordered to do by his superior officer he engaged in an act of grudge.

Yeah you appear to be the type to think kids have it coming, but what if it were youre kid how would you feel then? I'm willing to bet you'd be outraged too. By your definition we should just line all these little kids up against the wall and give them a firing squad because they all "deserve" it.

Violence begets violence, hate begets hate. Good acts are not born from acts of evil. Jesus even taught that. This is what happens when your country goes from knowing the Lord, to being Godless. This is not a country i want to be a part of, and i'll burn my american flag right along with the next patriot because this country no longer stands for what it once stood for.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

a 14 yr old can kill just like any other age...be interesting to see the report and witness statements.

While the age thing really upsets me I don't think that's the problem. It's that he failed to follow orders and that is a reported fact. He broke orders and a kid ended up dead.

Also just to point out a 6 year old can kill someone. Or a 80 year old. It makes no difference. I'm just upset about the age because it makes me sad.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Yes it is. The police report it at the second link I posted. From a unbiased local news station. Well less biased.

The reasoning was they got into a fight and the cop killed the kid. The problem was that the kid was unarmed, yet the gun was fired from a distance.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gossipnancy
Is that a reliable news site?

Not sure for the top link. However the one at the bottom of my post is a real news outlet. Held by all journalistic responsibilities and the such.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Slightly off topic. Don't be anti-american. Be anti-government. There is a difference. I love what my country stands for, not what it's become.

Don't go burning flags. Our country can be saved.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

Well it exists, the fact that you can't see it LITERALLY EVERYWHERE just shows you haven't been interested enough to do any research.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

They'll probably cook up some lame excuse that he pointed a power drill at the copper and he mistook it for a gun and fired.

The "you dont know the entire story"

and

"there must be more to it"

by the cop defenders will follow soon enough (if they haven't already, didnt read the thread yet only replied to the OP)

I don't know what it is in the USA but innocent shootings seem to happen almost daily?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
wowzerz what a horrible story. lolz

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

Originally posted by LadySkadi

The San Antonio Police Department has ruled the case a justified shooting. The Bexar County district attorney's office still is investigating.

The question of whether the shooting was justified is unrelated to the officer's history of disobeying orders, Assistant District Attorney Cliff Herberg said. The former is a legal matter; the latter, administrative.

According to this article the PD ruled the case a justified shooting... Alvarado claimed the boy rushed him and he had no choice, he was "in fear of his safety" though tests showed there was no gunpowder on his uniform and therefore, no indication of close quarter fire...

"The suspect bull rushed his way out of the shed and lunged right at me," Alvarado wrote. "The suspect was literally inches away from me, and I feared for my safety."

Tracing the bullet's path into the boy's chest as it ricocheted off the pancreas, colon, right liver and left kidney and exited the stomach, an autopsy report notes a lack of gunpowder on Lopez's bloodstained T-shirt.

"There is no evidence of close range firing of the wound," the report concludes.

Read more: www.mysanantonio.com...

Truly disturbing situation.

If the cop is such a coward that he was in fear of his life by a 14yo kid then he should go into a job more along the lines of his bravery such as telemarketing or IT tech.

We are living in a country where we can be locked up for nothing and held indefinately by the "Patriot Act" but if you are a cop, you can kill anyone you want with the excuse that he came right for me even though the kid was probably just scared and trying to get away. Then be exonerated for this dispicable act. When excessive force is used by some nutty cop on a power trip, then this is just another example of corruption of those in power or our public servants, whom instead of protecting us are destroying lives. This is just one more child in a long line of injustices. God bless them and send love, understanding and diplomacy to all that read this! Amen.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This is what happens in a police state, the police have ultimate power. Sadly we love to talk about how evil the Nazis were, but we can't seem to see the same mentality from our own country. This is what happens when you give unlimited power to someone, they abuse it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sickening, disturbing, outrageous, brutal. . . None of these seem to fit the bill here. Kids fight teens fight adults fight animals fight... Sure we as people ought to try and use our heads a little more before it comes to physical altercations, but the fact remains that fights happen.

A bout of fisticuffs especially between two kids who are highly unlikely to even really do any serious damage shouldn't be met with more violence. I mean for # sake they weren't even fighting any more. It's not like the kid barreled out of the shed swinging an axe or something.

I am not a proponent of the death penalty and as such I believe this coward needs to be locked away and forgotten. Let him rot.

This literally makes me feel ill. What a scum bag. No matter how wrong the kid was or how scared the bacon was no one needed to die no weapon needed be drawn.

To all the good cops out there keep up the good work.

To all the cowardly power hungry authoritarian pigs WE DO NOT BELONG TO YOU. WE ARE NOT CATTLE AND WE NEED NO SHEPARD. HOLSTER YOUR WEAPONS BEFORE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE DRAW THEIR OWN. IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It seems that law enforcement attracts a certain personality type, the kind of folks that were bullied in school and see a badge as the opportunity to pay back society. I in no way think that all cops are bad, I have met quite a few good ones but the prospect of authority does attract a certain type unfortunately. If a citizen commits a crime against a LEO the punishment is more severe. I believe that LEO should be held to this same standard. If an officer of the law breaks the very thing (s)he is sworn to serve then that injustice should be considered especially heinous.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
exactly the reason why public jobs should never be unionized.

if he wasnt union he would have been long gone.

Are you [snip] KIDDING ME???

THIS IS NOT ABOUT UNIONS [snip]THIS IS ABOUT POLICE NO MATTER WHERE THEY EXIST AND THEIR INHERENT ABUSE OF POWER.

THE PROBLEM IS NOT UNIONS, YOU DON'T SEE STEELWORKERS KILLING CHILDREN HIDING IN SHEDS, THE PROBLEM IS A POLICE STATE WHERE POLICE HAVE A RIGHT TO KILL.

More and more I hate your kind of propaganda.
edit on 14/9/11 by masqua because: Edited out censor circumvention and not amused by all the caps.
edit on 14/9/11 by masqua because: Removed the personal attack as well

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

yeah this is about a cop a bad cop who only had that job because he couldnt be fired

fascist propaganda eh

make it personal fine go ahead

whatever

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Slightly off topic. Don't be anti-american. Be anti-government. There is a difference. I love what my country stands for, not what it's become.

Don't go burning flags. Our country can be saved.

In an age when psychopaths and traitors control this country to be anti-government is to be pro-American. This monster needs to be tried with murder and executed. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior at all. Cop's need to lose their liability protection(liability protection should only be granted on a case by case basis by a Grand Jury after the fact) and be held to a higher standard then the Average citizen.

Blue shielding should be viewed as an act of insurrection that merits the jurisdiction being placed under temporary Marshal law; with the National Guard being called in to crush the insurrection with brute force if necessary.
edit on 14-9-2011 by korathin because: -added "after the fact"

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Whoa, tone down the yelling there.

Propaganda? WTF you talking about?

Obviously there is a problem here that needs to be addressed.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
edit on 14-9-2011 by SalientSkivvy because: Double post >. extra DIV

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

The San Antonio Police Department has ruled the case a justified shooting. The Bexar County district attorney's office still is investigating.

The question of whether the shooting was justified is unrelated to the officer's history of disobeying orders, Assistant District Attorney Cliff Herberg said. The former is a legal matter; the latter, administrative.

According to this article the PD ruled the case a justified shooting... Alvarado claimed the boy rushed him and he had no choice, he was "in fear of his safety" though tests showed there was no gunpowder on his uniform and therefore, no indication of close quarter fire...

"The suspect bull rushed his way out of the shed and lunged right at me," Alvarado wrote. "The suspect was literally inches away from me, and I feared for my safety."

Tracing the bullet's path into the boy's chest as it ricocheted off the pancreas, colon, right liver and left kidney and exited the stomach, an autopsy report notes a lack of gunpowder on Lopez's bloodstained T-shirt.

"There is no evidence of close range firing of the wound," the report concludes.

If the cop is such a coward that he was in fear of his life by a 14yo kid then he should go into a job more along the lines of his bravery such as telemarketing or IT tech.

No Way dude! Im an IT Tech (and Former Paratrooper) and my balls are ten times the size of that cowards on a cold day in a frozen lake.

People like him need to go to jail. Now, hear me out for a sec. He's a Cop, and a Child Killer. He wouldnt last his first 24 hours. It's very likely that if the other prisoners know what he is there for, he won't make it out of the holding tank you go into before they put you in a cell for real.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Rabbit281

100% agree with you. And if I was at this school.

1. My children would be kept home for I would deem that school incredibly dangerous to their lives and safety.

2. The school, the police officer and those OVER HIS HEAD. would be answering to me endlessly until they were all held responsibly EQUALLY. They would not be sittting pretty.

3. I have 5 boys. Judging from all the boys I've been around through them. I would never pressume that boys would never fight for either selfish reasons or because of bullying. Even some of the good guys do get into skirmishes. I've seen many run. My son outran the principle and hid when they looked for him, because he was teased.

4. There are no cops guarding our schools. Why would any parent allow that to begin with?

edit on 15-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rabbit281

No Way dude! Im an IT Tech (and Former Paratrooper) and my balls are ten times the size of that cowards on a cold day in a frozen lake.

People like him need to go to jail. Now, hear me out for a sec. He's a Cop, and a Child Killer. He wouldnt last his first 24 hours. It's very likely that if the other prisoners know what he is there for, he won't make it out of the holding tank you go into before they put you in a cell for real.

Fight criminal injustice with criminal injustice.

Your country is seriously going down the drain.

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join