It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Smartbomb' Cancer Cure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As you read this article, I hope tells of a coming cure of a wide variety of cancer. The supposed cure seems elegant in its simplicity, and I really do think this is something worth taking notice of.

That said, let's get to what this is all about.

Scientists from the UK have figured out a way to turn chemicals found in the crocus flower which blooms throughout the UK into a ‘smart bomb’ of sorts when it comes to a new cancer medication. This new treatment may potentially create a drug that is capable of targeting cancerous tumors, such as associated with breast, colon, lung and prostate, without causing any side effects.

While the native British Autumn crocus has been known for a long time for its anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties, its chemical colchicine is unfortunately also toxic to other cells within the human body. For this reason, the use of the crocus and the chemical colchicine has not been used for medical treatments.

By attaching a chemical 'tail' to the colchicine molecule, the researchers have been able to deactivate the toxic properties until it reaches the targeted cancer. Cancer tumors contain an enzyme called MMP and this enzyme effectively removes the ‘tail’ and activates the colchicine. Once activated, the colchicine goes into action breaking up the blood vessels that feed the tumor and essential starve it. Because the drug is activated in the tumor, it does not affect outside tissue and no side effects have been noted.

Source

The treatment tested on cancers that produce tumors, such as lung, prostate, breast and colon cancer, has effectively cured these conditions in as many as half of mice tested. I would say that this is a pretty impressive result considering it encompasses such a wide variety of cancerous tumors. Are we really getting closer to a cure? Is it realistic to say that we've come a big step closer at least?

Granted, I'm guilty of posting a couple of somewhat sensationalistic threads about cancer treatments/vaccines lately. I've got my reasons for that, but there is alot of new research and studies that now are being published. I find these interesting, and not to mention important. In recent years I've maybe read one or two articles in the MSM about in-progress cancer treatments never to be heard of again. I think that's weak, and wrong, even though news of a non-invasive treatment or a vaccine is noted as in-progess, it's not "not" news. It brings hope, a bright light for the ones affected. In my mind, one can never underestimate hope and it really can do wonders, although the MSM doesn't seem to think so.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Anything has got to be better than chemo that is all I have to say, here's to the boys and girls trying to do something about it.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You can bet it will be banned as it comes from nature and not a lab. Not to mention if it actually cured cancer, the industry would be out a pretty penny.

Yes I am that cynical.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
glad you started this thread, I think it makes logical sense ....will see down the line, but does sound promising... don't want to have to see another loved one suffer.

Is this different than the glow in the dark cat on the news last night? they used something from the jellyfish for the glow to track and something else, it is to treat cancer, but I was 2 thirds asleep at the time .

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This is the same story as the one thread I posted yesterday, is it not?

Chemotherapy breakthrough could dramatically reduce side-effects

new topics

top topics

join