It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perry 'taken aback' by debate crowd reaction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

TAMPA, FL -- The morning after a sometimes-rocky appearance in front of a Tea Party debate audience, Gov. Rick Perry said he was "taken aback" by cheers from some crowd members on a hypothetical question of whether a young man who decides not to buy health insurance should be refused care if he develops a life-threatening illness and be left to die.

Do you have to buy tickets to these debates? I'm wondering, if anyone would pay for a seat plus be content letting a family member or friend die off...

firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

edit on 13-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: mis read

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Perry distinguished from that the issue of "justice," reiterating his strong support and "respect" for the death penalty on a state-by-state basis. "But the Republican party ought to be about life and protecting, particularly, innocent life," he added.

Kinda contradicting him self, don't ya think. While it's a small percent of error, innocent people do die because of the death penalty.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Why would he be surprised -- did he think the concept -- Romney's concept -- of a mandate was just something made up to be an onerous tax, rather than address a problem -- single payer no problem. The right really is pushing for a lot of things that will mean that we will have to step over bodies in the street. I think they will eventually find that is inconvenient.

Death is a pretty stiff penalty for being stupid. But I guess the will bring Darwin into play -- heads asplode.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
They were clapping about it being our "choice", not because someone was dying.

They boo'd Ron Paul for saying that 9/11 was because of our meddling, but it was.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

No they were clapping because some one going to die because they didn't show personal responsibility because they didn't buy health insurance. Just like they applauded the death penalty deaths.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

They boo'd Ron Paul for saying that 9/11 was because of our meddling, but it was.

Both correct.
They definitely clapped about it being our CHOICE of how we take care of ourselves.
And Ron Paul didn't just get boo's for that statement (which was true). I heard a lot of clapping as well.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWorldSpins

Perry distinguished from that the issue of "justice," reiterating his strong support and "respect" for the death penalty on a state-by-state basis. "But the Republican party ought to be about life and protecting, particularly, innocent life," he added.

Kinda contradicting him self, don't ya think. While it's a small percent of error, innocent people do die because of the death penalty.

Compared to the abortion mill industry, a few on death row is but a speck in the universe.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

In truth, the meddling started with Jimmy Carter the Tri Lateralist and Brzezinski imposing their will on Iran, supporting the Khomeini behind closed doors and causing the ousting of the pro-Western shah. Let's keep it real. It was a leftist plot to begin with.

Also on further ponderance of this issue, perhaps Paul needs to be more explicit about who is neddling, how and why, because he and some of his supporters come off as being anti-American and he will never get the conservative base if he keeps sounding like hes not pro Defense. The world has changed a lot since the Founding Fathers day, and the more the NWO meddles, the harder it is to get back to what Ron Paul espouses. He may think he will lose his Libertarian base if he sounds too pro Defense but he will never win the right if he sounds too wishy washy. I like Dr Paul a lot but even I recoiled at his foreign policy position last night.
edit on 13-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
did i get the jist of this?

people are upset about a person dying because they killed someone already themselves?

and the dude is catching flack from thinking hey maybe those people need to be taken out

ends the cost of keeping them in prison for the rest of their lives and eating up taxpayer money

or hey heres a tip dont kill anyone and you wont die but wait for it.

the murderer isnt responsbile for their own actions.

meh

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
...ends the cost of keeping them in prison for the rest of their lives and eating up taxpayer money

Ah...but then you've put a price tag on human life and that, my friend, is a very slippery slope.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I know that. However innocent life is innocent life.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWorldSpins
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I know that. However innocent life is innocent life.

Yah so lets not kill the unborn and then justify being against the death penalty,

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

what about justice for the people who are murdered pretty simple not to kill anyone but nope

that murders life is more important than the person they kill.

that is a messed up since of morality and lets make those people effected by that persons actions pay for the rest of their lives to keep that person alive.

when in fact they should reap what the sow.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by neo96
...ends the cost of keeping them in prison for the rest of their lives and eating up taxpayer money

Ah...but then you've put a price tag on human life and that, my friend, is a very slippery slope.

Yep.

Convicted murderers are worth keeping around because someone might not be guilty, but the innocent unborn are not worth keeping around even though 100% of them are not guilty of anything.

The slippery slope already exists and it makes no logical sense whatsoever.

edit on 9/13/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

In truth, the meddling started with Jimmy Carter the Tri Lateralist and Brzezinski imposing their will on Iran, supporting the Khomeini behind closed doors and causing the ousting of the pro-Western shah. Let's keep it real. It was a leftist plot to begin with.

Holy crap! What was a leftist plot again? Nobody said that rightists were to blame concerning 911. Ron Paul just said it was because of our meddling, and there are two things I'd like to point out about that. First of all, Ron Paul is a republican, and the only true conservative presidential candidate I've ever seen since I've been alive. Secondly, eight years of Clinton led up to 911, so anyone making a rash assumption as to what 911 was a reaction to, if they were inclined to believe that it was "blowback," would be thinking "Democrats" anyway. So no, Ron Paul was not blaming 911 on the right, but your immediate reaction of vomiting inflammatory partisan rhetoric without even being fully aware of what you're talking about speaks volumes. Your blind and irrational rightist position is noted, and your opinion heretofore and henceforth is null.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Okay, so tell me, who is responsible for the ONE MILLION DEAD IRAQIS THAT YOU PAID FOR WITH YOUR TAX DOLLARS?

Should they die because they didn't BUY INSURANCE against foreign invasions? Or should one million Americans get the death penalty?

This whole circus is just getting more and more ridiculous, yet you are all still falling for the Punch and Judy show that you think means something. They're gonna do whatever they want no matter what you say or do. Point blank.

Just wait till YOU are in the crosshairs. You might feel a little differently about it at that point, but it will be too late, then.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I always find it amusing that the same people who decry any use of U.S. Power....are the same ones who Bitch and Complain when they feel that the U.S. has the responsiblity to oust every Human Rights violating dictator who comes along.

If you are a Woman in the Middle Eastern countries....you are little more than a slave. I would love to see some of these people be put into that HELL....then see what they have to say. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join