It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sum of all Fears : What if Elenin is Nibiru?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophoros

He is not the one that references a Black Carbon Star that came from another video - I personally took it to mean a Black Dwarf. That video just mentions a Dwarf Star but he says it must be one that is extremely cold.

Sorry, I must have gotten confused when you said this:

This guy says pretty much the same thing as I do - says Elenin is a "Black Star" which, to me, is either a Black Carbon Star or a Black Dwarf.

What's a "black carbon star"?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
At sundown on the west coast Elenin is west of us - that is when the meteorite was spotted...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
All i can say is...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

At sundown on the west coast Elenin is west of us - that is when the meteorite was spotted...

If it was spotted at night, it was on the wrong side of Earth the be an emmissary from Elenin.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
All i can say is...

Kinda funny that they are using the Palestinian - Israeli thing as a smokescreen - and that on Rosh Hashannah - to justify going and hinding in a bunker, huh...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
But, hey, Elenin is just a wimpy dusty ice ball...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Now you're getting it!

I don't know how I manage to get sucked into these Elenin threads. It's now the 15th. If the world is going to end at Elenin's hand on the 27th, that's only 12 days away. Shouldn't I be getting drunk, blowing off work, and going on a rampage or something right about now? I mean, what are they gonna do? give me life in prison?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I don't think it will be the end of the world. Maybe something might happen maybe not. To be prepared in case isn't so silly is it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Highlander64

Originally posted by chr0naut
[
Ice = no magnetic field.

The fact that it has melted pretty much identifies that it is ice.

I often wonder about statements like this
how can ice melt in space?

as we understand space is a vacuum and heat is not transferred through a vacuum

when you are in a plane at 30,000 feet the air temperature is -1 c maximum on a hot sunny day
its colder than that on the top of mount everest in summer

the higher you go and the thinner the atmosphere the colder it gets

So then we experience heat because we have an atmosphere and radiation from the sun travels through the vaccum of space and accelerates molecules in the atmosphere - or perhaps it is an electrical force

regardless, without an atmosphere ice will not melt, so what causes a comet tail? Could it be some form of electrical interaction between the sun and the comet?

Water, at low temperatures, sublimates. It is a process that looks like boiling. At the top of mount Everest, water appears to boil at 69 degrees C.

As the pressure drops, the boiling point comes down.

What boiling point do you think water has in an absolute vacuum?

The equation you require is on WikiPedia:

secure.wikimedia.org...

Ice

Melts

In

Space!

Live with it!

That's what happens, and no amount of hiding your head in the sand and saying "NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA", over and over again, so you can't hear the truth, makes it any less real.

Do you think others have any belief in what you said?

We are all looking at you!

It is, after all, a public forum.

What do you think we are thinking about you?

edit on 16/9/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Now you're getting it!

I don't know how I manage to get sucked into these Elenin threads. It's now the 15th. If the world is going to end at Elenin's hand on the 27th, that's only 12 days away. Shouldn't I be getting drunk, blowing off work, and going on a rampage or something right about now? I mean, what are they gonna do? give me life in prison?

That was sarcasm, homie - and apparently you sucked yourself in...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Series question ... I participated in the beginning of this thread, and i thought it complete rubbish (My Opinion).
How, pray tell, does junk like this get to be almost 500 posts long......... Bizarre.

I'm all for pushing the envelope but ......Jesus

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophoros

Both calculations are easy to do for an astrophysicist, but ONLY if the exact angular sizes are available. Since we only have some crappy video frames to go by, the following mass calculation is only A ROUGH ESTIMATE!

Your entire estimate is based entirely on these "crappy images." In fact, your whole "gravitational microlensing" argument is based on them. The resolution of the STEREO camera is extremely low. The "size" of the object in the field of vision is a function of the brightness of the point sources on the CCD receptors; the brighter the object, the larger the number of pixels and, hence, the larger the image. There was no gravitational lensing effect. As Elenin passes near a background star or planet their brightnesses will be added together by the CCD to create a single "larger, brighter" image. Your calculation is not merely rough, it is spurious.
edit on 16-9-2011 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct typo.

edit on 16-9-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join