It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footage of Attack on U.S. Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan, Sept. 13, 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Footage of Attack on U.S. Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan, Sept. 13, 2011

Part 1

Footage from Afghanistan with US marines supported by French and Macedonian soldiers inside HQ ISAF, Kabul ,fighting back against the attack on the US embassy by the Taliban.

Part 2

In this part ,the battle gets pretty intense and under a lot of RPG attacks ,then air support arrives in the form of a Mil Mi 24 helicopter ,firing it's guns on the Taliban positions.

edit on 13-9-2011 by TheMaverick because: Because i can

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
seriously is no one a sniper anymore?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Good foottage thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
were those russian helicopters ?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
2:27 in the first video the guy walks across like nothing is going on.

0:59 in the second video a guy crawls.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Wow, I have to say that good job to those service men and women from all countries that have to deal with situations like this on a daily basis, and that they can keep a cool head under fire like that.

What is also amazing is how fast this made it to us here at ATS and the internet. Amazing, I bet I don't see this on the MSM, that's why I love ATS. Good job Op.

Too bad we taught and armed the Taliban how to fight the Russians when they were there. What is so important with Afghanistan? Anyways those soldiers have the toughest job on the planet. I watched a PBS docu not too long ago where they followed a group of American soldiers stationed at a FOB in a very bad part of Afghanistan, it was the real deal, no editing, life on the frontline with these brave young men, some whom didn't come home alive.

I think we have a big responsibility to give these people a chance to live free lives, not in fear of religious tyranny, some people don't see it that way, but that's what I believe.

Thanks OP.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Yes they are Russian design.

You seem shocked ? Russia is a serious arms maker ,after all they invented the AK 47 the most used weapon on the planet.

Миль Ми-24 is a Russian built flying tank ,and is used quite a lot by NATO ,it's being used in Libya by NATO aswell.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a1d46b84af3.png[/atsimg]

Internal guns

flexible 12.7 mm Yakushev-Borzov Yak-B Gatling gun on most variants. Maximum of 1,470 rounds of ammunition. fixed twin-barrel GSh-30K on the Mi-24P. 750 rounds of ammunition. flexible twin-barrel GSh-23L on the Mi-24VP and Mi-24VM. 450 rounds of ammunition. PKT passenger compartment window mounted machine guns

External stores

Total payload is 1,500 kg of external stores. Inner hardpoints can carry at least 500 kg Outer hardpoints can carry up to 250 kg Wing-tip pylons can only carry the 9M17 Phalanga (in the Mi-24A-D) or the 9K114 Shturm complex (in the Mi-24V-F).

Bomb-load

Bombs within weight range (presumably ZAB, FAB, RBK, ODAB etc.), Up to 500 kg. MBD multiple ejector racks (presumably MBD-4 with 4xFAB-100) KGMU2V submunition/mine dispenser pods

Taliban militants attack us embassy
edit on 13-9-2011 by TheMaverick because: Link Added

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

So is that helo an updated version of the Hind? I have the Hind imprinted from watching Red Dawn when I was a teenager, love that movie.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

thanks for posting the infos.
yes, i was surprised. is this afghan units ? i was wondering, because i didnt know they were buying arms from russia. first because of the invasion of the soviet union and second why dont they buy western weapons ? western countries are the partners of the afghan government, arent they ?

p.s.: it wasnt a kalashnikov the american troop was holding, was it ???

edit on 13-9-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Good fire control...everyone seemed professional and calm.

But better than the Iraqi Death Blossoms I've dealt with before.

But I guarantee you that out in the sticks, it's a different story.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
To those asking about the Hind helicopter Миль Ми-24 ,well i'm no expert ,but i believe they are very versatile and can be easily fitted with a variety of weapons ,they are kinda like the Volvo car ,they can take a good battering.

Maybe someone who knows about helicopters more then me can explain better.

reply to post by icepack

p.s.: it wasnt a kalashnikov the american troop was holding, was it ???

Some of those weapons used ,looked like modified AK 74's ,I'm not sure to be honest ,it's hard to tell from the angle and distance of the footage.

Modified AK 74
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d81b599d024.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I would think that in a combat zone that whatever weapons are on hand, be it local variety or American are liable to be used by our troops, they are supposed to be familiar with the enemie's weapons as well, just in case they have to pick one up in a fire fight. Also wasn't sure if the ones with the AK's were our troops or the other countries supporting ours.

Mav,
I thought that helo looked familiar! They are scary beasts! Heard that minigun go off and thought "Yeah those guys are toast."

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
They are so brave as they "defend freedom" against.....the locals whose country they have invaded. You know, it's not "attacking" when you are defending yourself by trying to get rid of the foreign invaders' military base.

How dare those dirty "insurgents" try to defend their own country against foreign invaders? Don't they understand we are there to "help" them by blowing the s4it out of them? Just like those stupid Libyans, whom we are also "helping" with lots of bombs and bullets. Why are they not thanking us, those ingrates?

I'm sure I will be flamed for this by all the sheep.

I'm going to puke now.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Yeah those locals, the 'friendly' ones, everybody loves those guys...especially the women in Afghanistan, yeah they love those Taliban, they are so good to them...

it's sad some people just don't get it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
it's being used in Libya by NATO aswell.

Not by NATO forces in Libya. Those ex-Libyan Mi-25s were being utilised by the Free Libyan Air Force (NTC/Rebels)

TJ

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
were those russian helicopters ?

These will be the Mi-35 Hind variants that the Afghan National Army Air Corps are using. The Czech Republic have been assisting the Afghans in establishing the Hinds in service.

Afghan Mi-35 Pilots Once Again Patrol the Skies

www.nato.int...

www.defense.gov...

The Mi-35 designation derives from the export versions. For example Mi-25. See following.

en.wikipedia.org...

TJ

top topics

join