It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mega space storm would kill satellites for a decade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

A MAJOR solar storm would not only damage Earth's infrastructure, it could also leave a legacy of radiation that keeps killing satellites for years. When the sun belches a massive cloud of charged particles at Earth, it can damage our power grids and fry satellites' electronics. But that's not all. New calculations suggest that a solar megastorm could create a persistent radiation problem in low-Earth orbit, disabling satellites for up to a decade after the storm first hit. Read More

Guess its official folks. Storms coming...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Really? When?

This does not say when, only what the affects could be if one should hit and is strong enough

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
could happen tomorrow

could happen in 2270

could happen never

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
every time you turn around now there is new research that suggests some new threat, since when did the scientists of the world, and everyone else for that matter turn into a bunch of hypochondriacs, someone in a lab calculates something all of a sudden its an eminent threat

not aimed at the OP, but this constant state of fear-mongering is getting old

everything is out to get you.............BOO!!

edit on 13-9-2011 by all answers exist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
would b nice to go back a few decades

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
actually even though the article doesnt say when ....it is very soon!....It is on its way it is called the Golden Nebula or Photon belt . Some scientists have known about it since the 80's and others have been trying to warn us of its coming..

It will also cause the Solar Maximum to be way worse than Nasa first expected ...it will cause the suns output to increase in magnitude like we have never seen.....and it will cause catastrophic damage. This is why Nasa has come out with warning about the Solar Maximum...they just don't want to admit the whole truth...it would cause panic. This I believe is also why the issued the preparation video to their employees a couple of months ago!

I wrote an article about the Solar Maximum we are entering into and in it I talk about the Golden Nebula/Photon belt and how it is headed our way!
dawnofthetruth.wordpress.com...
edit on 13-9-2011 by soulenlightenment because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
When we stop to consider just what is possible for our cosmos to throw our way its not hard to imagine that our system of both military and economic abilities could crash in one hour ... I think it would be great in some respects ...no place for the bad guys to hide,no manipulation of economic markets , and we would have no choice to go out and talk to our neighbours and become agrarian again ....peace for a time in this insane world would be welcomed by this person ...peace

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by all answers exist

This is how media reports science
www.smbc-comics.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

It is a damn shame that the only way, as it appears, is for this country to fall to its knees in order to set things straight. The bad thing about it is that, it does not have to hit rock bottom in order to fix things. But if that is what it takes, then so be it, I am on board.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

top topics

join