It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Rattles Olympic Venues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

ATHENS, Greece - An earthquake rattled Olympic venues Tuesday in and around Athens. The Athens Geodynamic Institute said the tremor had a preliminary magnitude of 4.5 and occurred at 3:38 p.m. local time. It was centered about 42 miles northeast of Athens, 12 miles beneath the Aegean Sea.

Yahoo Article

With the worries over terrorists, this surely suprised and scared a large amount of people. If the venue started rumbling beneath my feet, my first thought prob. would not have been that it was an earthquake, esp. at the Olympics. Thankfully there were no damages or injuries.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
how do we know that it wasn't the terrorist, who somehow used devices under the sea to cause the earthquake

oh yeah..... just kidding

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I guess you have to be more alert these days.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The destruction of greek hero K. Kenteris - a campaign of lies never seen before in sports

To understand what kind of a champion Kenteris is, I will just quote what I wrote about the results of the 400 m, August 22, 2004

Sprinting is not only the most natural form of movement, but also an individual sport that allows comparing the performance of differente athletes over

different periods of time.
Today sprinting became the first and ONLY truly global individual sport.

History pages that Jeremy Wariner wrote, August 22, 2004
- the first white american (and the second white ever, after the greek Kenteris in 2002) to enter the top ten "all time" performer list of an olympic sprint contest (100, 200 and 400 m) since Valery Borzov, in 1972.
- the first victory of a white american in a sprint discipline since Mike Larabee's 400 gold in 1964.
- the second white athlete to get a world wide sprint title since 1972 (the other one was the greek K. Kenteris in 2000 (Olympics) and 2001 (World Championships).

new topics

top topics

join