It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States of Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Sooooo, looks like Obama will do the bidding of the Israel lobby and veto a Palestinian state...the very same thing they granted Israel back in the days. His excuse that the state has to be formed out of negotiations is LAUGHABLE given this wasn't the case back when Israel was formed, and it didn't work for over 60 years.

In short, thanks to Israeli campaign donations, he's willing to keep the status-quo and PRETEND they're really interested in creating a new state.

At least they can only veto in the security council and not the full assembly...and it WON'T fail in the general assembly, which will lead the way towards the creation of a full state. Given how many nations support the creation of that state, it's pretty clear that in a few years at most the Palestinians will get their state...especially now that the US is slowly losing their status as the world's superpower. I guess having several nations on top rather than just one (US) will to some great stuff in the future and more equality. Great news, especially given how bought US politicians currently are...democracy's pretty much dead in the US given how politicians are now mere sock puppets of corporations.

LINK
edit on 13-9-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Great news

Is it? Or will it force Israels hand in the situation? That is my concern, what horrors will be brought down onto Gaza as punishment for this? They already been handing out stun grenades to civilians so I expect this, however it plays out, to be messy.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This would be the one decision by obama that i actually agree with. Palestinians already have a state, it's called Jordan.

2nd

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingbreaker

Palestinians already have a state, it's called Jordan.

Well lets start dismantling Israel then as those who flocked there after the war all had homes in Europe. Do you see now why your logic is flawed?

so the people of Gaza have a free state that isn't controlled by the IDF? Well we better tell them so they can all leave, cause that's what you'd want right? All the arabs out of the region right? They can just go live somewhere else right?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
This would be the one decision by obama that i actually agree with. Palestinians already have a state, it's called Jordan.

2nd

That's like saying the English settlers coming to the US already have a state...England.

As for this turning messy, yeah, high chance of that. If you look at the list of countries supporting that state, it's pretty clear that it WILL eventually happen. Now Israel can do 3 things:

1) Accept it, implement it in a clean/structured way together with the international community. That wouldn't result in unnecessary violence.

2) Refuse to accept it by any and all means, including war. This would get ugly very quickly, as Israel has pretty much no support apart from the US. Europe's largely FOR the creation of a Palestinian state, so won't help Israel should they go to war.

3) Refuse to accept it officially, accept it internally, and then delay the process as loooooooooooong as they possibly can. This would allow the situation to maybe change...and they might be under the illusion that other countries will change their minds eventually.

To be honest, option 3) is the most likely. If Israel goes to war full-out, they will face resistance from Turkey and pretty much the entire Middle East. They would require the help of the US, and apart from not being able to afford that right now, public support for this war would be VERY low given how much support Iraq gets. They won't ever accept it either because of ridiculous religious reasons, at least not officially. The fundamentalist lobby in Israel is VERY strong. So that leaves them with stalling, and one way of doing so is bribing US politicians like Obama. They can't stop it in the general assembly of the UN, but they can stall full statehood for maybe 3-10 more years that way.

Bunch of retards tbh.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

2nd

Jewish used to have their homes too.
its called Jewish diaspora.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I thought Palestinians already had a state. It's called Palestine.

Oh, wait....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

Oh, wait....

The irony is even better when you realize that the Palestinians are now using the EXACT SAME method the Israeli's used to get their state. But of course it's only ok if they do it, not if someone else does it. What a bunch of hypocrites

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

2nd

Or Israelis already had many states, called Europe

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

2nd

I thought it was New Jersey

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

2nd

Really? Can we get an official answer on this because I thought it was Hollywood. Gee..

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Nahhhh....
its Florida

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Israel will defend itself quite aggressively and it should. They have stated many time that they are not going back to the ovens, at least not alone. They will take the world there with them. It is called the Sampson Option, and for those not in the know, the Sampson Option refers to how after Sampson was defeated and near his end that he prayed to God for vengeance, which was given to him and he then killed more Philistines (Palestinians) at the end then in his entire life.

Israel will unleash a nuclear and perhaps biological holocaust on it's enemies that will cause great fear around the world.

My suggestion, stop pushing them to the point that leaves them only one option, the Sampson Option.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The US also promissed to cut off all aid to the Palistinians if thet went ahead with this.I hope everybody knows that the're playing with fire.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Israel will defend itself quite aggressively and it should. They have stated many time that they are not going back to the ovens, at least not alone. They will take the world there with them. It is called the Sampson Option, and for those not in the know, the Sampson Option refers to how after Sampson was defeated and near his end that he prayed to God for vengeance, which was given to him and he then killed more Philistines (Palestinians) at the end then in his entire life.

Israel will unleash a nuclear and perhaps biological holocaust on it's enemies that will cause great fear around the world.

My suggestion, stop pushing them to the point that leaves them only one option, the Sampson Option.

No one wants to send them to the ovens
People want their own state, the very same thing the Israeli's wanted over 60yrs ago.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MustNotSpeak

Originally posted by bigyin

2nd

Really? Can we get an official answer on this because I thought it was Hollywood. Gee..

Youre all wrong their state is the Capitol DC.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

Oh, wait....

Philistia was dismantled by Nebuchadnezzar II. It hasn't existed for a couple thousand years now.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

The same was true for a Jewish state, they were a TINY minority in the region up until the creation of Israel...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
All this conflict over forcing israel to give up their country and share it with palestine is completely unreasonable. It seems that Israel is constantly being blamed for all the wars and conflict but it is not entirely their fault.. The US should seriously stop forcing them to abandon their land because it is entirely unreasonable to say that the Palestinians are rightfully obligued to the area, and as a result forcefully make Israel share the land with them...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky8
All this conflict over forcing israel to give up their country and share it with palestine is completely unreasonable. It seems that Israel is constantly being blamed for all the wars and conflict but it is not entirely their fault.. The US should seriously stop forcing them to abandon their land because it is entirely unreasonable to say that the Palestinians are rightfully obligued to the area, and as a result forcefully make Israel share the land with them...

Wow. You need to read a book or something, because you haven't the slightest clue as to what you're talking about.

@ the US 'forcing' Israel to do anything.

Israel runs the US with an iron fist. Benny Netanyahu thumbs his nose to Obama and talks down to him, and Obama turns right around and does his bidding because there's no way in hell he can lose that AIPAC support with his re election chances slipping into the toilet.

You folks that want to sit here and pretend that the Israelis are these poor, innocent people that are being bullied by everyone are either dishonest, uninformed, or delusional.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join