It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Go to work or stay at home?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Evening all, i have just returned from the Doctors, i have been diagnosed with Esophageal candidiasis, and oral thrush, which basically means i have fungus growing out of control in my Esophagus (if thats how you spell it?)

It is very painful to swallow saliva and food, however i already have had ltos of time off work, and my manager is the sort not to be sympathetic, so what do i do? I suppose i can go in, but it would be very uncomfortable, so what do i do lol??




posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
is it contagious ?



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme
 


doctors note? Uncomfortable is one thing, but what were the doctors explicit recommendations? If working, whatever you do for work, is going to make the issue worse or prolong it, stay the heck home.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
is it contagious ?


Yeh i think so, in droplets.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by godofme
 


doctors note? Uncomfortable is one thing, but what were the doctors explicit recommendations? If working, whatever you do for work, is going to make the issue worse or prolong it, stay the heck home.


The nurse i saw, said it really depends on how i feel, as it affects people differently, however with me it hurts like a son of a beach every time i swallow and i get intense chest pain when swallowing saliva.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Stay home either way. Let's all stay home for a month or two.Maybe then TPTB and their minions will actually take notice of what we want.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by godofme
The nurse i saw, said it really depends on how i feel, as it affects people differently, however with me it hurts like a son of a beach every time i swallow and i get intense chest pain when swallowing saliva.


Well that's that then, stay at home.

There's nothing wrong with being ill, as long as your telling the truth I see no issues.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I would say go to work next week. Staying home will make you focus on it too much and would put your job in danger. Distract yourself.

Also look into olive leaf extract. Google it for dosage. Take a lot of water all day (tiny sips) and avoid sugars and carbs as much as you can.

Coconut oil also will kill it.

I read somewhere that almost 70% of the population has yeast overgrowth in their bodies. It can spread to different areas of the body like in your case to your throat and it's affecting your lungs.

I hope you feel better soon!!!!



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Oh no! I knew someone who caught that from their girlfriend. He lost 30 lbs from not being able to eat.
Terrible stuff! Be well and stay home!



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Obviously you are now on medication for approx 2 weeks. You should be quite well enough to go back to work within afew days, if it is more severe you should be back at work in a week.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I sometimes think that good people feel guilty too easily.... But then again I guess that's at least a small part of the reason they are good people.

Are you doing your job because you feel like you are contributing towards something worthwhile, or are you doing it to pay the bills?

When you boss make you feel bad for taking time of work for being sick, does it really matter? I mean really?

If it does, then man up and show up. If not, look after yourself.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by godofme
Evening all, i have just returned from the Doctors, i have been diagnosed with Esophageal candidiasis, and oral thrush, which basically means i have fungus growing out of control in my Esophagus (if thats how you spell it?)

It is very painful to swallow saliva and food, however i already have had ltos of time off work, and my manager is the sort not to be sympathetic, so what do i do? I suppose i can go in, but it would be very uncomfortable, so what do i do lol??


Gargle with baking soda dissolved in water. About a teaspoon per cup. Gargle and swish your mouth out. Then swallow one gulp, followed a glass of water. Brush your teeth with baking soda. Yeast/fungus cannot grow in that pH. Look it up. Absolutely harmless, and will soothe immediately.

Peace & Love




top topics



 
0

log in

join