It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent! 3 Days of Darkness

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I hope thats right, truly, it caused a lot of trouble when it went by Saturn and the same with Jupiter and those planets are huge.

From Alien_Human's Thread posted the other day.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-9-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Just a question if I may... Where is the 30+ Million mile estimate coming from? I keep seeing it but I've yet to find anything in data that supports it or anything really close to it.

As noted above 0.23400835593159 is the distance in AU JPL currently as Elenin's closest pass relative to Earth's position. That translates to 21,752,435 miles. Now in space, 10 million miles between friends isn't much at all.....unless it represents a difference of nearly 30% to the original distance number.

I'm not trying to argue the data point..I am really curious where the 30+ figure is actually listed or displayed as part of any data stream related to Elenin? I assuming I may have made an error here somewhere (Phage was kind enough to point out a HUGE factual blunder I had in my notes regarding position on 9/11 so it would't be a unique occurrence) Thanks in advance if you have a link or data for the distance numbers you're going by.

edit on 13-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: format correction

edit on 13-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Saturn did not tilt. I'm not sure why the guy in the video thinks it did, but it may be because some telescopes invert images and some don't. Therefore, depending on the telescope used, some images of Saturn may look mirrored when compared to other images. Saturn has been seen by many backyard astronomers, and it looks just fine.

Jupiter's bands are in constant flux and upheaval. We've only seen Jupiter lose one stripe, but we've only been able to see Jupiter's bands in detail for only a couple of decades now -- which is a very short time. It is very likely the bands naturally appear and disappear over time (although I admit that is just speculation)...

...HOWEVER -- and more importantly -- Elenin has never gotten anywhere near Jupiter. When Elenin was crossing the orbit of Jupiter (about the time Jupiter's missing band was noticed), Jupiter was on the opposite side of the Sun from Elenin -- about as far away as it possibly could be from Elenin at that time.

Elenin is actually closer to Jupiter now that it was when the missing stripe was reported. So I don't know how it could have possibly affected Jupiter then.

I'm not sure if the guy in that video is intentionally dishing out dis-information, or if he is simply uninformed.

edit on 9/13/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The 30+ million miles (36 Million) is where it will be on September 26, which was the date mentioned in the OP as to when Elenin would be transiting the Sun as seen from Earth.

The closest approach to Earth of 22 million miles will be in mid-October.

Elenin will not be directly between the Earth and Sun at that time of closest approach.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

The 30+ million miles (36 Million) is where it will be on September 26, which was the date mentioned in the OP as to when Elenin would be transiting the Sun as seen from Earth.

Elenin will not be between The Earth and Sun at that time of closest approach.

Last time I checked I had this info...but im extremly amateur and don't know what im talking about hahaaha:

sept 26th 2011 - elenin (mercury, earth, sun, elenin align) 3days of darkness, levi comet will show up in sky
oct 17th 2011 - close to elenin
oct 28 2011th - possible mayan calander date
Nov 3rd 2011 - earth pass in tail of elenin

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

More video about the subject. If it's a Hoax, trust me when I say I'll be happy as a clam that nothing happened and again these are not videos I made. I only wanted to share so that people would have a change to prepare in the event it did happen. There a lot of people who claim the Japan earthquake was cause by an alignment with Elenin so maybe there will be an earthquake, not trying to hoax, troll, just trying to help make people prepare for what might be a rough week. Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Look where your President is going on these days....

Guess Where Obama Will Be On Next Major
ELEnin Alignment On Sept.27, 2011 ?

Earlier we had informed US Navy
website goes offline, after it shows Elenin is not broken
up.coincidence? And how Doomsday plane will protect the U.S
president from Comet collision. Now guess where Obama will be on
next major ELEnin alignment on Sept.27, 2011? He'll be in
Denver, home of the world famous Denver International Airport,
deep underground bunkers, rumored new capital of the U.S. in the
event of a major collapse. Source Coincidence? Some have
speculated Elenin could expand dramatically like Comet Holmes
and create an eclipse effect...

source.... gatewaytoheaven.ning.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
OK, let's talk about the 3 days of darkness thing since that at least IS interesting and has some nice historical precedent.

Elenin is NOT going to cause any of this. I'd go for it being an oddly angled metal transmitter sending out the real history of humans or a trapezoid spaceship long before considering it the fulfillment of biblical prophecies.

What IS interesting about the 3 days of darkness thing is an interview I heard once w/ a Catholic Priest who was part of the Vatican upper management. He said the 3 days of darkness was part of one of the Three Secrets of Fátima and that the released "secrets" were not completely disclosed to the public, that certain information and contents had been kept hidden for reasons he would not discuss.

When he was pushed for more information he said that it would happen in our lifetime and that when it did to "stay in your homes, do not go outside or even look outside".

Some time after that I read that some form of supernatural beings would be "flying around in the darkness, attacking and devouring those who went outside and if you even looked at these creatures you would be compelled to leave your home and be attacked". The gist of this was that these creatures would be the actual supernatural entities which inspired the vampire type creatures which preceded Vlad the Impaler then Dracula in written / verbal legends.

Interesting and something to think about, I guess.

I wonder how big something would have to be to actually block the sun for 3 days? Too big not to disrupt the orbits of anything near it, I'm afraid. I don't believe the 3 days or darkness will be caused by an eclipse for that reason. I'd go with volcanic eruptions of such scale that the skies are darkened. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened, however.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Very interesting, I have read the same to stay indoors and not let anyone in. Before all of this that I have seen recently I would say my belief in the three days of darkness was the same, I believed logically the only way that could happen was volcanic eruption, sut, dust, smoke blocking out the sky but this theory opened my mind to other possibilities. I truly don't know what is going to happen but I know that having enough water and non-perishable foods in storage in case it does is probably the most important thing in my mind. I pray that nothing like this happen but then again how can we move forward and progress our conciousness if nothing ever happens and the illuminati feeds on us forever.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Three sites on ATS on the same topic that are not claimed as a hoax by ATS/CIA/US Government run conspiracy site.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Elenin will not be directly between the Earth and Sun at that time of closest approach.

Thanks for the clarification. I figured we were all basically looking at the same data sources here so I had to have missed something in your context...turns out I did.

2011-Sep-26 22:00 0.38168751049069 -25.4848118 -3.12065
2011-Sep-26 23:00 0.38107482513259 -25.4312084 -3.12827
2011-Sep-27 00:00 0.38046342984368 -25.3776214 -3.13591
2011-Sep-27 01:00 0.37985332422801 -25.3240509 -3.14356

2011-Oct-16 01:00 0.23405493892566 -1.0223441 -6.73500
2011-Oct-16 02:00 0.23403099325779 -0.9679607 -6.73852
2011-Oct-16 03:00 0.23400835593159 -0.9135988 -6.74201
2011-Oct-16 04:00 0.23398702642296 -0.8592588 -6.74545
2011-Oct-16 05:00 0.23396700419807 -0.8049412 -6.74886

...and of course you're right. Elenin does NOT align with the Sun and Earth. I cleaned this up to show only the data this post references for alignment. It's that last column that I'll bet you're very familiar with but others here are apparently a little fuzzy on. The last one shows angle relative to Earth which on the day in question appears to be about 3 degrees off orbital plane. It'll be over 6 degree off orbital plane as it passes in front of Earth on the Oct 16th (assuming nothing changes, of course.). On the JPL Horizons Database table configuration, the last column is item # 28. Orbit plane angle, so anyone else here knows which box to check for that data to display. I'm still learning what all the boxes there are and what each piece of data represents in real world context.

Just an additional thing here...Since discovering this quite some time ago I've hopped off to check every time I hear or read someone talk about 'alignment' of these things or those planets. That last column....it rarely if ever indicates a true 'on-plane' alignment....but there are so many people out there who apparently can't break out of thinking in 2-dimensional terms for the Solar system and the way things move in it.

edit on 13-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: Added October numbers

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsinaname

um, Hale Bopp never hit Jupiter. Comet Schumacher/Levy broke up and impacted Jupiter is what you are thinking I bet.

To all those who are really concerned....

If you really want to know what Comet Elenin is doing, go to some reputable sources like JPL/NASA or google recent Elenin updates for goodness sake. People coming up with some really ridiculous notions about a comet that is dimming and breaking up.

Some people believe just about anything, don't fall for it, do your own research, please.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Comet Elenin at its closet pass will be 22 millions miles from Earth.

Comet Elenin is approximately 2 to 3 miles wide.

The Sun is around 865,000 miles wide.

There is no way.....this comet can block out the sun and darken earth for 3 days.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Springheel Jack

Went to NASA's site as done many times before....

Most Popular Questions About Comet Elenin

When will Comet Elenin come closest to the Earth and appear the brightest?
Comet Elenin should be at its brightest shortly before the time of its closest approach to Earth on Oct. 16, 2011. At its closest point, it will be 22 million miles (35 million kilometers) from us.

Will Comet Elenin come close to the Earth or between the Earth and the moon?
Comet Elenin will not come closer to Earth than 22 million miles (35 million kilometers). That's more than 90 times the distance to the moon.

Can this comet influence us from where it is, or where it will be in the future? Can this celestial object cause shifting of the tides or even tectonic plates here on Earth?
There have been incorrect speculations on the Internet that alignments of comet Elenin with other celestial bodies could cause consequences for Earth and external forces could cause comet Elenin to come closer. "Any approximate alignments of comet Elenin with other celestial bodies are meaningless, and the comet will not encounter any dark bodies that could perturb its orbit, nor will it influence us in any way here on Earth," said Don Yeomans, a scientist at NASA JPL.

"Comet Elenin will not only be far away, it is also on the small side for comets," said Yeomans. "And comets are not the most densely-packed objects out there. They usually have the density of something akin to loosely packed icy dirt.

"So you've got a modest-sized icy dirtball that is getting no closer than 35 million kilometers (about 22 million miles)" said Yeomans. "It will have an immeasurably minuscule influence on our planet. By comparison, my subcompact automobile exerts a greater influence on the ocean's tides than comet Elenin ever will."

I've heard about three days of darkness because of Comet Elenin. Will Elenin block out the sun for three days?
“As seen from the Earth, comet Elenin will not cross the sun’s face,” says Yeomans.

But even if it could cross the sun, which it can’t, astrobiologist David Morrison notes that comet Elenin is about 2-3 miles (3-5 km) wide, while the sun is roughly 865,000 miles (1,392,082 km) across.

How could such a small object block the sun which is such a large object?
Let's think about an eclipse of the sun, which happens when the moon appears between the Earth and the sun. The moon is about 2,500 miles (4,000 km) in diameter, and has the same apparent size as the sun when it is about 250,000 miles (400,000 km) away -- roughly 100 times its own diameter. For a comet with a diameter of about 2-3 miles (3-5 km) to cover the sun it would have to be within 250 miles (400 km), roughly the orbital altitude of the International Space Station. However, as stated above, this comet will come no closer to Earth than 22 million miles.

I've heard there is a "brown dwarf" theory about Comet Elenin. Would its mass be enough to pull Comet Honda's trajectory a significant amount? Could this be used to determine the mass of Elenin?
Morrison says that there is no 'brown dwarf theory' of this comet. "A comet is nothing like a brown dwarf. You are correct that the way astronomers measure the mass of one object is by its gravitational effect on another, but comets are far too small to have a measurable influence on anything."

If we had a black or brown dwarf in our outer solar system, I guess no one could see it, right?
"No, that’s not correct," says Morrison. "If we had a brown dwarf star in the outer solar system, we could see it, detect its infrared energy and measure its perturbing effect on other objects. There is no brown dwarf in the solar system, otherwise we would have detected it. And there is no such thing as a black dwarf."

Will Comet Elenin be visible to the naked eye when it's closer to us? I missed Hale-Bopp's passing, so I want to know if we'll actually be able to see something in the sky when Elenin passes.
We don't know yet if Comet Elenin will be visible to the naked eye. Morrison says, "At the rate it is going, seeing the comet at its best in early October will require binoculars and a very dark sky. Unfortunately, Elenin is no substitute for seeing comet Hale-Bopp, which was the brightest comet of the past several decades."

"This comet may not put on a great show. Just as certainly, it will not cause any disruptions here on Earth. But, there is a cause to marvel," said Yeomans. "This intrepid little traveler will offer astronomers a chance to study a relatively young comet that came here from well beyond our solar system's planetary region. After a short while, it will be headed back out again, and we will not see or hear from Elenin for thousands of years. That's pretty cool."

So there we have it nothing to fear.....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Here I was worried the commet would hit Earth and give us all a new plague, or a nuclear winter, or pull us out of our current orbit.
Seriously, the odds for it to be in the right spot and block out the sun means it would have to be VERY close and stop moving. I just can't imagine this. At all.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
closer its to earth the smaller it needs to be to block the sun, closer it is to sun the bigger it must be. If put a gholf ball on the grass and hold a 30cm diameter flying saucer above it it block out the sun. If this is the case elenin must be the size of a few moons. (sorry my phone is bugged)closer its to earth the smaller it needs to be to block the sun, closer it is to sun the bigger it must be. If put a gholf ball on the grass and hold a 30cm diameter flying saucer above it it block out the sun. If this is the case elenin must be the size of a few moons. (sorry my phone is bugged)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
COMET ELENIN ECLIPSES SUN - Sept. 26, 2011

The sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood.

Aw man Now I want to watch Ghostebusters.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Uhhh, if you look at :51 in the OP's video isn't that when Elenin is between Earth and the Sun? On the 21st of September.

Only a week left to find out then.
edit on 13/9/11 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Boy that would suck for my outdoor tomatoes.

If this does happen, we'll come back and give you a trophy.
If it doesn't happen, will you admit the Bible may be a bit "off" at times?

Though it pains me to disagree with Chuck Norris holding a lightsaber...
Yes, it would suck for outdoor tomatoes. I think my rabbits would be likewise perturbed.

Regarding the Bible, however... nothing in the passage that the OP has quoted relates explicitly to September 26th (or any other date, for that matter), so to associate Biblical errancy with the random postings of an ATS member isn't exactly kosher.

The Bible certainly does state that there will be such an event during the end times. It doesn't state when this will occur, but simply that it will. Jesus, in fact, said explicitly that "no man knows the day or hour". This phrase refers to one of two possibilities:

1) literally, nobody knows when it will happen. It will come "like a thief in the night".

2) the phrase "no man knows the day or hour" has also been used in Judaism to refer to a specific event: the "Feast of Trumpets". This feast has also been equated with the Rapture in some contexts; and with good reason. There are clear parallels between the two. The Feast of Trumpets, in 2011, occurs on either the 29th or 30th of September. I say *either* because this feast commences based on the VISUAL identification of the New Moon, not on a chronological basis. So in this context it's theoretically possible and plausible that the Rapture (which kick-starts the chain of events leading to the period known as the Tribulation) could occur on one of these dates. But even THAT is pure conjecture on my part. I wouldn't base a doctrine on it, and certainly wouldn't run around putting up billboards.

As a Christian, I find it REALLY tiring that so many people claim this date or that date or the other date... when the Bible's approach is to press the need for preparedness, NOT to set the scene for date-setting.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thestupidguy
closer its to earth the smaller it needs to be to block the sun, closer it is to sun the bigger it must be. If put a gholf ball on the grass and hold a 30cm diameter flying saucer above it it block out the sun.

If this is the case elenin must be the size of a few moons

As I pointed out in this post:

If Elenin is 35 million miles away from Earth when it transits the Sun (when it passes directly between Earth and the Sun), then it probably needs to be the size of a few hundred Venuses.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join