It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanavut: Aircrash 'Drills' right before real Aircrash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
On August 20, 2011, a First Air B737 combination passenger/freighter charter flight crashed while on approach to a remote airfield at Nanavut/Resolute Bay, above Canada's arctic circle.  15 people were killed, with 3 survivors.

So far no causes of the crash have been noted, though a heavy fog blanketed the area before the crash.  There was, however, one detail that was odd.

www.stuff.co.nz...
Within minutes after the Boeing 737-200 passenger jet slammed into a hill in Canada's remote Arctic region, military helicopters were landing at the crash site to evacuate the three survivors of the crash that killed 12 people.
In an unlikely coincidence, several hundred military personnel in the region preparing for a mock airliner crash training exercise suddenly found themselves plunged into a real rescue mission.  ....
"They were just hours away from practicing what actually happened in real life," ....

This small hamlet of 250 people was due to be visited that very day by some Canadian bigwigs:
"(Prime Minister)Harper was scheduled to travel to Resolute Bay on Monday on his annual trip to the Arctic, but the prime minister now plans to fly there on Tuesday to pay his respects to community leaders and first responders.
Canada's Governor General David Johnston and his wife Sharon, who are currently touring Nunavut, were in Resolute on Saturday morning for a previously planned visit. Johnston's scheduled Sunday events were cancelled. Johnston is the representative of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II as Canada's head of state."

"Resolute is also the planned location of the army's new winter warfare school."

A satanic blood sacrifice to inaugurate the Canadian military's new base?

Interestingly, the info above came from media in New Zealand.  No mention in any Canadian msm about 'drills' right before the crash.  

Coincidence?  Of course.  Why?  Because it's always coincidence.

edit on 13-9-2011 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

That's Nunavut.
www.gov.nu.ca...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Considering there is no one "benefiting" from this crash, I'm leaning towards it just being a fortunate coincidence (fortunate because the close proximity of the rescue crews most likely lead to the survival of 3 people).

Apparently, the location of the "drill" is the same every year. There was fog just before the crash, which lifted shortly after, just in time for the rescue helicopters to land safely.

Short of any new information coming to light, I'd chalk this one up to an honest accident.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

There are things that happen that we sometimes say are coincidence ...Well yea sometimes they would appear to be ,but when you can find a planed exercises prior to the event ,then maybe its not so coincidental....From the Fifth Edition of 9/11 Synthetic Terror: The 46 Exercises and Drills of 9/11 tarpley.net... At the very least one has to put this MO into looking for the truth ...Following the money doesn't always lead to the motive ...peace

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
There are things that happen that we sometimes say are coincidence ...Well yea sometimes they would appear to be, but when you can find a planned exercises prior to the event, then maybe its not so coincidental....

I am not one to fall back on 'coincidence theory', but I would suggest that this is a remote part of the Great White North and settlements are few and far between. It would not be particularly untoward for aircraft-related activities to be occurring within some proximity to each other since there is a whole lot of nowhere out there.

Just sayin...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Turtle Island is a vast wonderland to be sure ....I wish I had the cahoons to look at all the details ....We do know there is a lot of interest in the north, both political and economical ....Were any of the passengers political? The Crown has a history of running over Native interests to grease the palms of Corporate interest ....Heck they want to build military bases up there,surely its not to stop some sort of invasion from a rogue state ...But if they can convince Canadians we need to police in that area it would put a police force on the ground to quell decent ...peace

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Jeeze where are you commin from turtle isle?
We need to get a passenger list asap if thats the kind of skullduggery afoot.
It would seem suspicious as the polish prime ministers disaster in russia , if there was a high powered native leader or lawyer aboard.
Its a small place people wise and there easily could be someone influential aboard the flight.
Are there current issues that are pending besides the base?
Say diamond lease sales or other exploration projects?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Not all that glitters is gold . and it wouldn't take a power full lawyer of Native to stop them . All the war bs that goes on in the world is about putting a yes man in place...who knows ?? surly not me but its a vast untapped resource that has been buried for a long long time ...peace

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

For those of us familiar with arctic flying the cause is crystal clear.

Navigation error in marginal weather.

No conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

But if they can convince Canadians we need to police in that area it would put a police force on the ground to quell decent ...peace

Better off providing good food, good water, good education and good leadership.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Prior to the colonist most Natives taught their own people that could survive conditions most Canadians were never taught in school ...Oh and drink from the river and streams ...Now as far as the food goes ,I have never eaten Buffalo or Stinky seal fin but have enjoyed Caribou and found it very good ..As far as leadership goes ,I would take a elder leading me in that geographic area than say someone like a Stephen Harper or a Michael Ignatieff ....peace

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Prior to the colonist most Natives taught their own people that could survive conditions most Canadians were never taught in school ...Oh and drink from the river and streams ...Now as far as the food goes ,I have never eaten Buffalo or Stinky seal fin but have enjoyed Caribou and found it very good ..As far as leadership goes ,I would take a elder leading me in that geographic area than say someone like a Stephen Harper or a Michael Ignatieff ....peace

All I'm saying is that it's the 21'st century for everyone, and I don't think every indigenous person wants to live in pre-contact conditions. What I'm talking about is equal opportunity...and right now that's not available to all Canadians...especially those in remote locales. That needs to be fixed, and in my opinion the four elements I cited are essential. And peace to you as well.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

What makes you think that a elder is not capable of living in the 21st century .? Technologies are passed on to all people from many resources and to think that maybe a elder couldn't send a chosen person to get a educated understanding of the 21st century is thinking that some how they are living in the past ...peace

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Most Natives are living in worse conditions than post coloninal conditions .....Natives were never in poverty conditions ..at I have not heard of any stories of european contries finding Natives in need of them ..Its actuall the other way around that we find in the anuls of history ..peace

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

caption
Enroute to "Operation Nanook 11" aboard Canadian Forces C-17 aircraft
(Note the civilians on board.)

The names of the dead have been released:

Captain Blair Rutherford, 48

First Officer David Hare, 35

Purser Ann Marie Chassie, 42

Flight Attendant Ute Merritt, 55

Marty Bergmann

Steve Girouard, 38

Lise Lamoureux, 23

Raymond Pitre, 39

Randolph Reid

Michael Rideout, 65

Chesley Tibbo, 49

Cheyenne Eckalook, 6

wounded:

Gabrielle Pelky, 7

Nicole Williamson, 23

Robin Wyllie, 48

-------------

Not only were the rescuers already there when the plane crashed, but so were the accident investigators!

www.cbc.ca...
Chris Krepski, spokesman for the Transportation Safety Board of Canada, said investigators were on the scene soon after the crash. They were already in Resolute, scheduled to participate next week in the military exercise.

-------------

www.torontosun.com...
Underlining the serious nature of Saturday's First Air crash outside of Resolute" Bay, Nunavut, the federal transport minister has appointed a special "minister's observer" to keep tabs on the Transportation Safety Board's investigation.
A spokeswoman for the ministry said the observer's name will not be released publicly, adding that such appointments are "routine" for serious crashes.

Hmmmm... I wonder if the purpose of this person's presence is really to make sure the investigation goes in a certain direction.
edit on 14-9-2011 by starviego because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2011 by starviego because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join