It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is this lockheed aircraft?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
i found this picture on lockheed-martins site www.lmaeronautics.com

here is the picture

one is a c130 and another is the F22 but what is the other one?

[edit on 24-8-2004 by phantompatriot]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
which one are you talking about ?

If it's the illustrated one... I say that's just a mock up or an idea that maybe has not come to production yet ???

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

If it's the illustrated one... I say that's just a mock up or an idea that maybe has not come to production yet ???

yes i am talking about the illustrated one, does anyone know anything about it?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantompatriot

It's a concept for a Stealthy Strike UAV. It has not been built!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It almost looks like a new generation B-x (x meaning whatever number they come up with next) flying upside down, but probably isnt. My bets are on a UAV.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost

Originally posted by phantompatriot

It's a concept for a Stealthy Strike UAV. It has not been built!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance
Thank you Ghost! i had a felling it was a UAV.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial
It almost looks like a new generation B-x (x meaning whatever number they come up with next) flying upside down, but probably isnt. My bets are on a UAV.

It's flying right side up alright, the intake/exhaust being on top is to improve the heat signature from the ground and perhaps to direct the noise from a sonic boom up, thus improving both IR and accoustic stealth

[edit on 24-8-2004 by American Mad Man]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It looks like it is flying upside down, if you look at the writing, the letters(extremely difficult to see) you can notice that it looks as if they are upside down, so you figure the aircraft is upside down.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
That's Darth Vaders new ride in Episode III...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It could very well be a UAV, but based on the pic it appears to have a cockpit area (black wedge shaped area) Do they put a cockpit-like area on a UAV as a deception or something?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
On some UAVs they put the engine intake in a area where a cockpit would be. Heres a link to a northrop UAV that has somewhat of the same intake design that looks like it might be a cockpit in a drawing of it.

www.uavforum.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I believe that that is a destroyer based uav being developed for the Navy. Uses the JSF engine tech so it can be launched from a helicopter landing platform. I saw it in bill Sweetman's book Lockheed stealth

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You know, now that i think about it, it could be an experimental space plane for inter-planetary combat (thank you perso who said its darth vaders new ride)

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paladin327
You know, now that i think about it, it could be an experimental space plane for inter-planetary combat (thank you perso who said its darth vaders new ride)

Not to bash your idea or anything, but I doubt it. The fact that it even has an air intake would put this theory in serious doubt because as we all know, there is no air in space.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

as we all know, there is no air in space.

''But theres a Air and Space museum''-Homer Simpson

Sorry I couldnt resist

E_T

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

It's flying right side up alright, the intake/exhaust being on top is to improve the heat signature from the ground and perhaps to direct the noise from a sonic boom up, thus improving both IR and accoustic stealth

Well, for intake it's entirely because of RCS.
Putting intake to upside masks compressor blades from ground radars.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by E_T

Well, for intake it's entirely because of RCS.
Putting intake to upside masks compressor blades from ground radars.

That too

I was just trying to demonstrate that it was not flying upside down, but rather was intentionally designed that way.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

as we all know, there is no air in space.

''But theres a Air and Space museum''-Homer Simpson

Sorry I couldnt resist

Even after almost 2 decades of Simpsons, they still crack me up

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Matt Groening still ceases to amaze me, even after almost 2 decades, I can't believe he can still find inspiration, you would think he had used it all.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If memory serves me correctly, in about late 1999 there was a "fly off" for a government contract for a UCAV or unmanned combat air vehicle. This one being the Lockheed proposal and of course Boeing winning the UCAV. I think it had alot to with Lockheed winning the F-22 and JSF contracts..Darkstar was another venture for the UAV program by Lockheed, but was totally unstable....I was lucky to see a landing without a crash at the end. Unfortunately, I did have to respond and secure a crash site for a Global Hawk UAV at Edwards AFB.....honeycomb everywhere.....LOL

new topics

top topics

join