It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, You Hate TPTB. Whats your solution?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps
another idea is to build a real community of like minds

The only thing "like" about most of the minds complaining about the status quo is just that, they are not happy with the status quo.

As soon as you propose something different, you will find out how many like minds are there that will take it up.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
"So, You Hate TPTB. Whats your solution? Your thoughts, suggestions and hopefully realistic proposed solutions?"

First, let go of the hate. Second, know yourself. Third, dedicate yourself to this purpose. Fourth, the PTB will be crumbling around you. Fifth, actively participate in the creation of new cultural paradigms based on the open source philosophy. Sixth, wait one human generation about 21 years. Seventh, U T O P I A
Eighth, look up in the sky. Ninth, Surrender. Tenth, resolve the equations of your life and die with peace of mind. Eleventh, be kind, rewind.

Seriously, one does not surprise attack the PTB (they have contingencies for everything.. even surprise attacks) or directly assault the PTB (they can supply generations of loyal agents willing to sacrifice themselves to discourage you from thinking outside the box.)

Even more seriously, the PTB have agents of chaos AND agents of order at their immediate disposal. Somewhere, a random person may choose a path to refute the PTB paradigm. This is a simplified way to explain, in the clearest possible way. This path means that a person is out-numbered, out-gunned, out-lawyered, out-classed in every way. But patterns in human history indicate that the historical processes of the PTB orthodoxy are completely predictable and explainable by the problem-reaction-solution paradigm.

The PTB prefers to program everyone else what their purpose is. However, the practice of knowing thyself - in the global spectrum of developing individual praxis - means that our simplest actions influence the course of human events.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Nice comment.
On one hand, TPTB is unseen and untouchable. They may as well be alien to our civilization, guiding human events from the clouds so to speak.
On the other, TPTB is anyone that can throw your ass in prison, enslave you or kill you and/or your family, ie, if they can't get to you directly they will indirectly. These are TPTB that we have to deal with, because we cannot strangle the vampire squid itself, nor can we even agree there IS one. The point is, it is your neighbor that you will contend with, a low ranking pawn, just like "us".
Let's take Hillary Clinton as an example. Her and Bill established when they were quite young that they had all of the qualities necessary to get the full support of TPTB. If anyone hasn't seen The Clinton Chronicles...

it is a must watch for a lesson in how to become more than a pawn in this game of chess. Perhaps Hillary is a Bishop. So, to go up against a Bishop, you must BE capable of taking it out in this game of chess, whatever it means to do so. Put the Bishop out of the game. Pretty difficult wouldn't you say, if TPTB that rule her are smart, and they are? But, a Pawn could do it.
The point I suppose is this, "we" are not even on the chessboard unless we are pawns, and even then someone is moving us, we are not moving ourselves. To advance is to play the game somehow. Hillary and Bill advanced by being ruthless and cunning and by being totally devoid of moral constraints. In other words, perfect qualities to get promoted.
So, the answer as I see it is simply, don't play the game. Go it alone, educate yourself as to the realities of your government so that you can fight intelligently, and prepare to defend your position if necessary with whatever tools may be required. The best one is between the ears.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

So eloquently put, you do have a way with words

this is what we need, these are the solutions!
As an engineer i have to think on 4 levels.
1. Acknoweledge that there is a problem.
2. Find the source of the problem.
3. Find a solution for the problem, usually in 2 stages, short term (bodge tape) and long-term (welding)
4. Change the design universally so that the problem does not come back, bearing in mind that this is the best we can do with the tools available.it is not a 'final solution'. Allow for future modifications.
This is Fresco's way of thinking & it should be used in everything we do.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It seems most posting on this thread forgot about voting, You have no right to complain if you didn't vote.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

So who are you going to vote for?
Lying, dishonest democrats or lying, dishonest republicans?
Like i just said, politics is a waste of time, doesn't solve anything.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

I vote for the better of the two evils. My friends that did not vote I blame for 4 more years of Bush, where slightly more evil was done than Obama is doing.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
It seems most posting on this thread forgot about voting, You have no right to complain if you didn't vote.

You have no right to enumerate what my rights are, or how I get them. I don't recall anything in the First Amendment saying that "these rights apply only to those who vote".

Who I vote for, or whether I vote at all, isn't your lookout. I strongly caution against abrogating anyone's rights based upon your own suppositions.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I vote for the better of the two evils. My friends that did not vote I blame for 4 more years of Bush, where slightly more evil was done than Obama is doing.

The "better of two evils" is STILL evil.

Why do you vote for evil?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

I'm glad that we expressed the same or similar ideals by different use of language. That is encouraging. Whenever I see a discussion about the PTB I am always reminded of that critical scene in the Matrix.

The OP planted this seed.
Taking that first step (to know thyself) can be a royal mind job for some people. Some people take a longer time to decide.

Thanks I appreciate that feedback. I see your list also comes down to practical problem solving at the lowest possible level. This is reassuring. I hope you are demonstrating that method to your peers!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

The PTB are counting your votes. Everybody knows this.

Don't wait for your vote to be counted! PRAXIS!
Praxis is the process by which a theory, lesson, or skill is enacted, practised, embodied, or realized. "Praxis" may also refer to the act of engaging, applying, exercising, realizing, or practising ideas.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

It is better than just letting all the evil take over. I hold back a little of it to save people like you. Thank me for saving you.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Thanks but no thanks. If I need "saving", I can handle it. Always have. I certainly don't need any "salvation" from folks eager to support evil, whether lesser or greater. Generally speaking, evil is what one needs saving FROM, not to be thrown into the jaws OF.

Your priorities seem to be amiss - unless, of course, you PREFER evil. Some folks do. Those are the folks I wind up having to protect other folks from, and in the end I usually wind up saving my own ass in the process as well.

Maybe you ought to vote for the greater evil - the lesser, although still evil, is only half-assed. In for a penny, in for a pound. Go for it with gusto!

Makes no difference to me - I'll still be standing when the smoke clears.

edit on 2011/9/20 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I reckon overpopulation is a problem... The sooner we all start dyin' the sooner the earth can start to heal herself. Those lucky enough to survive would be able to get back to basics and live a healthy life in tune with nature as we all should be doing.

The way we are going... soon there will be no living thing on earth for "TPTB" to rule over.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hudsonhawk69
I reckon overpopulation is a problem... The sooner we all start dyin' the sooner the earth can start to heal herself. Those lucky enough to survive would be able to get back to basics and live a healthy life in tune with nature as we all should be doing.

The way we are going... soon there will be no living thing on earth for "TPTB" to rule over.

I guess you are hoping to be one of those "lucky enough to survive". Or have you already planned a date of departute to help earth heal?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

I guess you are hoping to be one of those "lucky enough to survive". Or have you already planned a date of departute to help earth heal?

Like it makes any difference... a world wide end of life event is going to happen sooner or later...

It's only a matter of time.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

Like it makes any difference... a world wide end of life event is going to happen sooner or later...

It's only a matter of time.

Perhaps. But that doesn't explain why you would say "The sooner we all start dyin' the sooner the earth can start to heal herself.".

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You have a point there

I tend to think that if you vote you are only encouraging them......
Remember the film 'brewster's millions'?
Vote 'none of the above'

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

There are many problems with the power structure we now possess but the most pressing i believe is with
representitive government and it's ability to be corrupted, manipulated, coerced, assassinated, overrun, demoralized and any other thing that most people can be!
Lets think about why we have a representitive government in the first place! I believe it was to convey the opinions of the public whom it represented at a time when there were no other means for us to convey for ourselves! Now when we look at todays representitive government, can we say that here in America that the majority of the people are represented; mostly, fairly, averagely or not at all? If it's not at all, is there anything we use today that can instantly convey a large group of peoples opinions instantly? Like say the internet! Hmm, so with the internets ability to convey our opinions instantly do we still need such a powerful government or could we let the people of this country make the big decisions and still allow the government officials to decide smaller more common sense decisions? Look I don't know how much control we really need over the poor decisions our elected officials of today now have but we need to have some control over these decisions! We see these officials go against the majority of Americans all the time, We see them make promises they don't have any intentions of keeping and we see them working for a group of people that makes up a small percentage of our country "always the top one percent or the richest of us"! If we continue to allow this to go on the rest of us "other 99%" will be more enslaved then ever and this minority of usually older whiter individuals will continue to grow in power and prosperity! If this is the legacy we are to leave our children, then it's no surprise to me when they act irresponsably by doing drugs, disrespecting authority, acting depressed, commiting suicide or anything else for that matter! If we want them to act responsably, then it's up to every one of us to choose the direction of our country based on a cooperative and informed public with morals! I don't see how we can possibly do any worse then those we have elected to represent us! We owe it to our children and ourselves, as well as those patriots who through their sacrifice allowed us this opportunity to evolve into a real self governing nation, where we all have the ability to choose the direction we are headed and it makes no difference whether we are right, wrong, fair or unfair! I believe we can lead the world once again into the realm of freedom to choose our own path for liberty and leave a legacy where we will be looked upon as trail blazers instead of freedom burning fascist by our decendents!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hey Slay,
My two cents - recently posted this on another thread but didn't have time to come back to post to you. Don't beat me til the steaks are done, OK? LOL
Anyway, it was a reply to someone who obviously felt that we should all just keep doing what was done in the 50ties and all will be well. Goes like this:

How do we get to a similance of utopia with the mess we are in today - by getting the balls to group up, get a state that already wants sovereignty, move to that state and inact sovereignty completely. Then turning all those profits into nightmares from the corporate facists by taxing them to damnnation, just as they had our government do to us on their behalf. Then on a huge scale, industrialize their complete downfall by the utilization of goods that were unjustly banned in this country because the truth was these banned commodities were the only true competition to paper milling and petroluem. Once the industry is up and running right under their noses, switch the petroleum/paper intake from them to our constantly renewable, less enviornmentally impacting goods and services and watch them stuggle to maintain the fiction that they were the only way society could run in the first place. Wait for the 100 monkey event & we win!

Then I posted this video for their viewing pleasure. Please note: They are doing this in rual England with success!

edit on 20-10-2011 by DaWhiz because: correction

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join