It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would you want to partner with in a SHTF

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwing48

Bear Grylls... now there's a good choice...
if I werre to pick someone along those same lines it would have to be my old buddy Bill Dreeland... currently he's the Rangemaster at Gunsite academy and man does he got skills...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Really , Mr Shatner? Id take Quark from DS9 at least for his bartering skills, he would have the gold-pressed latinum rolling in.

Not Shatner. Kirk. There's a difference.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
My drummer, Chucky.
If you knew him, you'd want him around, too.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Better take Spock with you too... it'll take the both of ya to keep ole Kirk out trouble...
unless your facing a rampaging horde of scantly clad actresses... then just sit back and watch him go

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well, my roommate and I are already partnered to do this. I trust him, he used to work for the Forestry Service here in the area and he is good with outdoor skills - though not Seal, or Daddybare quality - this choice will not change.

However there is one guy who I really want with us, and that is Rusty. Rusty was a character I met when I moved here. When I met him we were both delivering Pizzas for a local joint. Rusty is a hustler, a jack of all trades, a survivor, and street wise beyond his years. He is also one of the most resourceful guys I have ever met. Indeed as I meet people in this area a call to Rusty will tell me everything I need to know about the person in question. In this area Rusty is battin' a thousand; he is never wrong.

But there is one other person who falls into this category and that is Vincent Cortez Wells of Chicago area, now living in New Chicago, Tennessee. I know I just posted his full name. Why? Two reasons; Though I am white and Vincent is black we are brothers. We both grew up in Illinois, me in Springfield, he in South Chicago, we are the same age and we both went to Catholic Schools all our lives, we are indeed brothers. I know Vince well enough to say without the slightest doubt that if he ever read this he would be pleased and proud to no end that I did mention his full name. I tried to bring him with me, but the logistics just did not work out. I miss ya Vince!

The second reason I mention his full name is in hopes that someone in the Memphis area will see this and show it to him. You see Vince is nearly homeless. I mean he has a home but he has no electricity and no heat in his house - yes, he lives in a slum. But he is a survivor, and he is the hardest worker I have ever known. Vince is short but with biceps that look like Arnold Schwarzenegger's. By posting his full name I hope that he will contact me. If he does, I will eat less and send him bus fare to get him up here to Washington State, and then there will be four of us.

Vince and I used to work together at a large air freight company. One day one of the "bosses" said something derogatory about me. Vince stopped the forklift he was driving short and took exception to what the guy said. There was a short exchange and Vince finally ended it by saying; "Man, Look at me. Do I look like I am playing? I'll jump down off this forklift and kill you, baby boy! I got nothing to lose!". I was not around to hear this exchange but my bosses son was there and so were his friends and they could not wait to report it to me when I got back to the station. At that moment Vince went from someone they picked on to someone they respected. The threatened boss did nothing besides shut up and go into his office.

Later, after I quit that company and became a bar manager in downtown Memphis I sent some of the local homeless out in search of Vince. They found him and I got him a job at my bar. Vince, love ya man. You are truly #29 incarnate.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Okay here's the nerd in me coming out....

Xena, without a doubt.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You can keep Captain Kirk........

I'll have Gerald Butler to keep me entertained, Clint Eastwood to keep things real, The Rock & Vin Diesel to protect us......yep, I think I have my bases covered!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b18d84ed0476.gif[/atsimg]

Of course the awaken in the MATRIX my friend

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Would take this guy over any person
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/881d8bec40f7.jpg[/atsimg]
Anyway, dogs are people too ya know

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Anyway, dogs are people too ya know

Better than people, they will not lie, even if they could.

My dog is not born yet. He will come next fall and he will be a Serbian Shepherd from a father named Vuk. These dogs are huge, known to take on wolf packs, and have the loudest deepest bark I have ever heard. BTW Vuk means wolf, though I am not sure of the spelling as it is a Serbian word.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
bear grylls?

what the hell

id pick daddybare as a partner since i can sit here and ask him as oppose to kirk and spock.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sorry It would have to be Ray Mears - at least - unlike Grylls - he doesn't advocate eating animals that should quite frankly, not be eaten. And he'd build a half descent shelter.

I'd also make sure my mother was with me - she could produce a gourmet meal out of grass and worms. Love her to bits.

But most of all I'd make sure I had my partner - he has tatting skills that are above and beyond.

S

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Who do I want to partner with in a SHTF ?

Well, that depends. I didn't really think of practicing law in a bombed-out post-nuclear wasteland. I don't have a law degree to begin with....do you think law schools will be even enrolling new students, in the middle of a catastrophe.

Or did you mean a different kind of partner.... like, we'll all be gay in the future coming econo-collapse?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

edit on 13-9-2011 by dr_strangecraft because: I'm just sayin

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I hear that these ladies are now looking for work!!

I'll take my family and my well armed neighbors family along for the ride if the 40 virgins have other commitments.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

On a serious note, any one of the people from this list......

Badasses

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
That's a no brainer....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Unless things get really, really unbearable where we live, we intend to stay put on our farm and sanctuary. As such, we intend to partner with our community.... which consists of our church, our volunteer fire department, and all the boys down at the country store.

Now there are those that have their opinions of churches and that's all fine and dandy....

But here in the country, and I mean "sho'nuff country" in NC...the church not only provides a spiritual foundation, but is an invaluable resource of talents and skills...hunters, electricians, mechanics, hunters, farmers, welders, carpenters, hunters, farriers, hunters, fishermen, ... we even have a retired submarine designer and engineer, forestry agent and fire fighter, a few bi-lingual spanish speakers, a couple of nurses,...lots of EMTs and military veterans,...and did I mention lots of hunters...

We all know each other, trust each other for the most part, have already demonstrated leadership skills and organizational skills in events, fundraisers, mission projects, work projects, etc.... and have a town hall/ democratic setup of a localized governing body... and we all know each others capabilities...or who to go to for which project and skill level.

Everyone here is capable of food production and preservation...from summer and winter crops...seed and food strorage....raising, and slaughtering animals...pigs, chickens, goats, hogs, beef cattle...

Everyone here has camo and guns...probably as well armed as any second world nation... plus an abundance of 4 wheelers, 4x4 trucks, gas and diesel on the farms in abundance, and horses galore...

And we all know stealth, ambush, how to shoot effectively at 100 yrds... we would be as capable as any fledgling insurgent militia.

All that being said...I'll stay where I am. And that is why in the "survival thread"...the point is often made to go ahead and move to a safe area and get to know your neighbors...

...'cause waiting until it happens is too late.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Im not sure who i would want as a partner. I have learned some things from daddy bear threads tho,I would add you to codec.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

Awww....that pic is no fair, you got the cuteability factor...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'll stick with the partner I have now. She's tougher, smarter and a better shot than any strutting, macho peacock male that's in love with himself.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join