It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Hikers To Be Freed In 2 Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Shane Bauer and Josh Fattal, arrested in Iran in 2009, are to be released in 2 days, ahead of Ahmadinejad's visit to NYC for the UN General Assembly Meeting this month.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Wedding bells for Shane Bauer and Sarah Shroud:

www.guardian.co.uk...

No doubt, there will be a book deal, plenty of interviews and a Hollywood movie already in the works!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Lets hope they don't go for any more sight seeing hikes in the middle of a warzone.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I've got a feeling that would end their hitch hiking days PERIOD!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Yeah, they've lost their cover now

Lines-Sorry

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I've got a feeling that would end their hitch hiking days PERIOD!

I dunno, I've heard the outlying areas in Iraq, the ones in no way controlled by coalition forces, is really nice around this time of year. Long expanses of sand, a couple of shrubs here and there, plenty of rocks too. And, if you are one of the next 10 callers, we'll throw in some landmines and mortar barrages to dodge.

seriously, who actually fell for this "friendly lost hikers" story? i mean did you even read it? They knew exactly where they were going and why, but it backfired on them 100%, not only because they got caught, but because Iran treated them with respect. Ohh Israel and the US totally hated that.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I wonder what Iranian spies were released from the US as part of the deal.

Or something else?

edit on 13-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

wonder what Iranian spies got released from the US as part of the deal.

you mean of the approximately zero Iranian spies in US custody? doubtful.

Iran proved their point, captured these spies, treated them as they should under international law, and are actually releasing them.

Personally, I believe these kids were sent there to die. That's my opinion, they might not have known that, but I think the end game was to have Iran take hostages or outright kill them. They didn't, time for plan B i guess

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Oh shucks......there goes their book deal because you know more than most of us

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I wonder if this timing has something to do with his arrival for the UN in the US later this month? Hmmm...

Did anyone see Curry's favorable portrail of Ahmed.... (cannot/won't spell his last name) on MSM? Good job, Ann!

www.mediabistro.com...

Good news, nonetheless. S/F

edit on 13-9-2011 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Oh shucks......there goes their book deal because you know more than most of us

I'd settle for a throw out on the book jacket inner cover, front though, none of that at the back with the glossary crap for this guy.

Anyways, this story has shown me something. Either I've become entirely too cynical, or I am truly awake. 3 seconds into hearing about those kids a few things popped into my head...

First, and this has nothing to do with race or religion, are these kids Jewish, or in anyway tied to the state of Israel?

the other thing was, obvious false flag attempt. when was the last time most of the US was united against Iran? hostage situation. This just appeared to me to be trying to get Iran to make a mistake, kill them, take them hostage, you know, what the US expected from Iran. But no beheading videos in this case, just fair treatment.

i wonder how many US detained spies are afforded equal treatment?

I wonder if this timing has something to do with his arrival for the UN in the US later this in the fall?

no doubt, if you've ever read the transcripts (not the purposely mistranslated US ones) you'd see this man is smart, extremely smart. He understands how geopolitics work and is a chess master at diplomacy. Hell, they have their nuclear plant up and running right now, still no boots on the ground or any missiles in the air. Show me any other nation on the US and Israels hate list that could get that far.
edit on 13-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

First, and this has nothing to do with race or religion, are these kids Jewish, or in anyway tied to the state of Israel?

If it has nothing to do with race or religion, why on earth would you even bother to ask if they are Jewish or not? Of course, it has nothing to do with the fact that they are AMERICAN CITIZENS now would it but because they are Jewish, their worth is lesser? I guess it's a no brainer if they were American born Muslim kids! Would you feel more empathy if the 3 kids were Christian?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

no doubt, if you've ever read the transcripts (not the purposely mistranslated US ones) you'd see this man is smart, extremely smart. He understands how geopolitics work and is a chess master at diplomacy. Hell, they have their nuclear plant up and running right now, still no boots on the ground or any missiles in the air. Show me any other nation on the US and Israels hate list that could get that far.

No doubt. The man is brilliant. Maybe a bit of an evil spirit, but brilliant.

Knows how to "court" the academe in America with his wines and dines, as well.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So who ponied up the 1 million dollar ransom...errr..I'm sorry, they call it bail, don't they? Who came up with the payment to buy their freedom from the Iranian government? The stories I'm checking don't seem to mntion who the deep pockets were here.

Good for the Americans though. At least they won't rot in that place, although I hope they choose their vacation spots a little more carefully next time. Perhaps a trip to explore the Jungles of Myanmar next time? It should be safe compared to where they'd just been.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

You sure they have their nuclear plants up and running? Last I checked, a couple of weeks ago, still having difficulties......perhaps they're not quite up and running after all!

top topics

join