posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:36 AM
So, what do you think would be the best currency in general for a SHTF scenario?
Obviously, it may depend on what disaster happens, but I've kind of considered the following rules in my thought for it....
1) Has to be easy to carry, light
2) Has to be something others want, that I don't need
3) Has to be easily divisible into equal parts (for deciding price)
4) Has to be something that keeps well
5) Has to be something others would be willing to trade for, especially in lopsided trades.
In applying these rules, I've come up with Cigarettes as the best answer for me. I don't smoke, so wouldn't use them. They are pretty easy to
carry, and light. Easy to divide up (individual packs or cigarettes), and they keep well. In addition, those addicted will be willing to trade more
valuable items (like food and bullets, etc.) for them.
What other currency ideas have you come up with for such a likely barter situation?