Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Cheney: Israel would strike Iran to prevent it from achieving nuclear weapons

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Not that anything Dick says really means that much anymore, but it's still comical to see this old fart trying to muster up public support for an attack on Iran at all costs. Please keep in mind I am not here to bash Israel or defend Iran.

Cheney: Israel would strike Iran to prevent it from achieving nuclear weapons Former U.S. Vice President says his assessment comes from a number of conversations with Israeli officials, adds his belief that Israel 'will do whatever it needs to guarantee its survival'.

Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney believes Israel would attack Iran to prevent it from achieving nuclear weapons capacity, he said in an interview aired Monday. When asked about the possibility of an Israeli preemptive attack against Iran, Cheney told Newsmax TV that "Iran represents an existential threat, and [the Israelis] will do whatever they have to do to guarantee their survival and their security.”

Source< br />
So why is the same guy partly responsible for American security during the Sept 11 attacks so worried about Israel's security? Israel can have nukes but Iran can't? Iran complies with regulations, Israel does not. These neocons have their minds set to attack Iran at all costs and will do anything to gain support in the public eye.

Iran is a relatively peaceful nation with the means to operate defensively and offensively without nuclear deterrence. I always doubted them of having any intentions of developing nukes, but with all the unfair international pressure on Iran lately, a nuclear deterrence would be useful for them. They must feel really cornered. I hope it never reaches that point.

With all the Israeli / Turkish drama, USA and SA saber rattling, and the tensions in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya...list is much longer, this is as hectic we have seen this region get in a while.

Between The global economic crash, famine / food shortages, looming threat of war, it certainly a careful time to live in.

Hope this does not seem as a fear monger post. I like to think of it as a compilation of recent events effecting is on a global scale.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Just throw that scumbag along with his neocon pals in prison already!

The world would be a better place without them.
edit on 13-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Israel 'will do whatever it needs to guarantee its survival'

Thats a scary quote. Althrough my money is on the arabs, if israel attack Iran, im # sure positive the Palestinians will step it up againt israel which will lead to Egypt throwing down on them also and the Saudi's are just waiting for the perfect moment to stop supporting America.

America will never win, israel will never win, money cannot pay off a suiside bomber.

Ps Chainey needs to be held accountable for war crimes , treason and crimes against humanity. I swear if for some reason I ever get into power by political means the Hague would be filling up fast.
edit on 13-9-2011 by michaelmcclen because: grammar

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Israel attacks Iran.
Middle East attacks Israel.
America attacks Middle East(

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Exactly!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Israel is going to get us in a lot of deep S**t! I don't understand why we continue to support these war hungry bastards. I've had enough of our Government and Israel.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

It angers me that they allow lunatics like Cheney to spout is propaganda. His treasonous words reach the ears of many gullible people. It's surprising how effective this method of brainwashing is on some people.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DoctorSatan

I am willing to bet all my apples that more countries than SA have juicy info on American involvement in certain events. Cheney would be one of the first to be executed too.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Every time I read a comment about Israel or the Jew's and how much power they auctually hold , it makes me wonder was this the real reason why Hitler did what he did or was it simply because he needed a bogey man like the western world told us he did.

This is a non racist observation, while we are discussing Israel it suddenly popped into my head last week while watching conspiracy (2001).

back to topic, Unless America cuts its ties with Israel it will be its eventual down fall, IMHO.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Israel can have nukes but Iran can't? Iran complies with regulations, Israel does not. These neocons have their minds set to attack Iran at all costs and will do anything to gain support in the public eye.

Israel never signed the NPT. They are under no legal obligation to curtail or disclose their nuclear weapons program. Iran, on the other hand, most certainly is developing a nuclear weapons program in violation of its commitment so the NPT, and anyone who buys their cover story is delusional.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

As long as the citizens of the world allow their leaders to squander their tax dollars Israel will have free reign on any activities they wish to participate in. Same is happening in Canada, it seems Israel's well being is more important than ours.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Not that anything Dick says really means that much anymore, but it's still comical to see this old fart trying to muster up public support for an attack on Iran at all costs. Please keep in mind I am not here to bash Israel or defend Iran.

Cheney: Israel would strike Iran to prevent it from achieving nuclear weapons Former U.S. Vice President says his assessment comes from a number of conversations with Israeli officials, adds his belief that Israel 'will do whatever it needs to guarantee its survival'.

Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney believes Israel would attack Iran to prevent it from achieving nuclear weapons capacity, he said in an interview aired Monday. When asked about the possibility of an Israeli preemptive attack against Iran, Cheney told Newsmax TV that "Iran represents an existential threat, and [the Israelis] will do whatever they have to do to guarantee their survival and their security.”

Source< br />
So why is the same guy partly responsible for American security during the Sept 11 attacks so worried about Israel's security? Israel can have nukes but Iran can't? Iran complies with regulations, Israel does not. These neocons have their minds set to attack Iran at all costs and will do anything to gain support in the public eye.

Iran is a relatively peaceful nation with the means to operate defensively and offensively without nuclear deterrence. I always doubted them of having any intentions of developing nukes, but with all the unfair international pressure on Iran lately, a nuclear deterrence would be useful for them. They must feel really cornered. I hope it never reaches that point.

With all the Israeli / Turkish drama, USA and SA saber rattling, and the tensions in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya...list is much longer, this is as hectic we have seen this region get in a while.

Between The global economic crash, famine / food shortages, looming threat of war, it certainly a careful time to live in.

Hope this does not seem as a fear monger post. I like to think of it as a compilation of recent events effecting is on a global scale.

I don't condone unwarranted military action by any means, but while the majority of citizens of Iran may constitute a "peaceful nation", their current leadership regime certainly does not promote peace within the region.

Ahmadenijad has stated publicly that Israel should be wiped off the map. If a country is sworn to another nation's destruction, then that nation has every right to ensure self preservation at all costs.

Any country in the world with military capability facing a similar threat to it's existence would act accordingly in order to ensure the security of it's citizens.

edit on 13-9-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Israel can have nukes but Iran can't? Iran complies with regulations, Israel does not. These neocons have their minds set to attack Iran at all costs and will do anything to gain support in the public eye.

Israel never signed the NPT. They are under no legal obligation to curtail or disclose their nuclear weapons program. Iran, on the other hand, most certainly is developing a nuclear weapons program in violation of its commitment so the NPT, and anyone who buys their cover story is delusional.

Sorry, that logic is flawed. We are talking about Israel who openly admits they want to attack Iran due to their nuclear ambitions. Signatory to the treaty or not, Their reason for action is hypocritical to say the least.

If Iran refused to sign, and denied inspectors, they would have been invaded a long time ago. Meanwhile Israel gets a free pass from lawful international scrutiny. Ya catch my drift?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What is going on with Cheney? well people have short memories, he was after all one of the supporters of the oil wars agenda it was an agenda of taking over countries in the middle east that were oil producing and unfriendly to the US distabilized them and have regimes change.

The main country that the supporters of this agenda wanted was Iran and Iraq, so far they got Iraq and Libya but Iran has been eluding the distabilization campaign and has show that they are a very strong country when it comes to supporting their own leaders.

So Cheney the fart is getting old he wants the fulfilment of the oil wars agenda so now he is actually giving full support by mouth to Israel to bomb Iran so they can retilate and have US get involved

For those that do not remember Cheney try to do the same thing when US invaded Iraq, he also voiced support for Israel if they will bomb Iran, in 2008 but Bush did not went along with the idea at the time.

During that time the propaganda that Iran was going to destroy Israel was in full gear if my mind is no playing games with me.

Of oil and wars

One year before he became US Vice President, Dick Cheney told an audience of oil company executives in London that, "y 2010 we will need on the order of an additional fifty million barrels a day … While many regions of the world offer great oil opportunities, the Middle East with two thirds of the world's oil and the lowest production cost, is still where the prize ultimately lies."

www.globalpolicy.org...

edit on 13-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

And of course, where there is Cheney, there is Halliburton. He made millions/billions with the contracts his company was rewarded to rebuild Iraq. I wonder if a destructed Iran means more $ signs for Darth Cheney.

Iraq rebuilding contracts awarded

The first contracts for rebuilding post-war Iraq have been awarded, and Vice President Dick Cheney's old employer, Halliburton Co., is one of the early winners.

The Kellogg Brown & Root (KBR) unit of Halliburton (HAL: up $0.54 to $20.66, Research, Estimates), of which Cheney was CEO from 1995 to 2000, said late Monday that it was awarded a contract by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to put out oil fires and make emergency repairs to Iraq's oil infrastructure. President Bush Tuesday asked Congress for $489.3 million to cover the cost of repairing damage to Iraq's oil facilities, much or all of which could go to Halliburton or its subcontractors under the terms of its contract with the Army. Cheney divested himself of all interest in Halliburton, the largest U.S. oilfield services company, after the 2000 election. Halliburton wouldn't speculate about the total monetary value or duration of its contract, under which it will put into action some of the firefighting and repair plans it outlined for the Army in a study it conducted in November.

It seems every time one of these elitists makes a public statement, it with a conflict of many interests, that is an understatement. Bomb Iran, get their oil, strategic location, one less enemy in the area, and you get billions of dollars in contracts to rebuild the country you helped destroy

How many times have we seen this over the last few decades?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Chaney's history is a long and dirty one but can you believe that back in the days when he was still a young politician he actually supported to leave the middle east along as not to make them our enemies I read that somewhere, but then again that was before his brain got corrupted by corporate money.

Tony Blair on Dick Cheney: He wanted to remake Middle East after 9/11, invade Iraq, Syria, Iran

articles.nydailynews.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Anyone ever wonder why they call it "The State of Israel"? Because it's a state in the middle east of the US. Just like the State of Florida, State of Texas, etc etc. Maybe Obama didn't really mess up the count of states. State of Puerto Rico = 51, State of Israel = 52. HMMMM?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by redeyestrain

" State Of Israel " certainly is a suitable name.

Cheney sure thinks of it as a state, telling them to bomb Iran and all.

new topics

top topics

join