It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asian Mosquito danger in my hometown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well I was up early today, and I happened to hear about this story.

Asian Mosquito

Hopefully this Mosquito disease will be contained before it spreads out to the larger populations. I don't think it's no different from all the other weird diseases mosquitoes tend to have, but it's strange it would end up somewhere on the outskirts of Los Angeles County.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Make sure there are no stagnant bodies of water by your home(duh). Other than that, kill every mosquito you see. DO NOT start breeding them in mass in hopes of taking over the world! It doesn't work. Mosquito's are awful at taking orders and are hard to keep contained. I would go with the slightly more expensive Bees. If you take the time to learn their dance then you will be able to issue orders effectively. But thats a whole nother thread.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have seen those asian mosquitoes near Edmonton AB as well. I noticed this summer because they were so brutally aggressive. They would actually swarm your car as soon as you stopped at a red light. Does anyone know why there is such a large population of them in North America this year?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Well I can't speak for everyone in my city. Hopefully the Mayor would put that word out to people who do have swimming pools or people that leave water puddles.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CanuckTruthSeeker

I think they are coming here from imported plants, and trees that are native to Southeast Asia. This area happens to have a lot of nursery businesses.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

hmmm, if thats so that could explain the large numbers here too, the city i lived in north of Edmonton was known to be a botanical city with a large number of greenhouses.

top topics

join