It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lion King 3D - The Search for More Money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Sure, this is really a marketing ploy to introduce the characters to a whole new audience and generation, to sell more Lion King merchandise.....

But, it is of the best animated features Disney has ever made also. My wife is a huge Disney fan, so I'm sure we'll borrow some friends' kids and go see this movie this weekend.

I'm curious if it will resonate with today's kids like it did years ago when it came out.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The Lion King is also one of my favorites, but 3D? No thanks.

I saw only one 3D movie a couple of years ago, hated it and vouched never to see another.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Im 25 and the Lion King was my all time favorite child hood moment. Im sure, people of my age will flock to see this in 3D, just as we all did for when Toy Story 3 came out in 3D. It'll bring it back for me since I still remember seeing it originally in movie theaters. I already told my girlfriend we are going opening day. I mite have to go IMAX on this 1

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I took my sons to go see the Lion King when it first came out. I loved it, they loved it. I won't be spending the money to go see it now. I'll just pop it in the DVD player, yet again. LOL
That way I won't have to borrow anyone's kids!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
They need to make that second Spaceballs movie.
SPACEBALLS 2: THE SEARCH FOR MORE MONEY.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It would be great if this was the actual title of the film. I would buy a ticket for it's honesty alone.

George Lucas is up to his old tricks recently too. Changing the epic scene where Darth shouts "NOOO" at the emperor while he is electrocuting Luke. One of a few new changes.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

George Lucas is up to his old tricks recently too. Changing the epic scene where Darth shouts "NOOO" at the emperor while he is electrocuting Luke. One of a few new changes

Please tell me you're joking.... The silent rebellion was a much more powerful thing...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The Circle of life.

Or the circle of movies being re-mastered in 3D.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Lion King was my favorite movie when I was a kid, but I'm not spending money to watch one of my favorite movies get ruined.

Why don't we just modify the Roman Colosseum every year, or paint a smile on the Mona Lisa? "Movies are art and art shouldn't be modified" -South Park

Free Hat...

...watch it.
edit on 16-9-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I LOATH 3D with a passion.
Gives me a headache.
So I will not be watching Lion King again.

Ok - and I don't like movies much (unless they are good ones) - most of the recent movies have the same basic, overly simplified story line just with different clothes. Saturday night is movie night with the in-laws. I spend most of that time wondering if a judicious application of magic mushrooms to scriptwriter/ director would have improved the movie, and how in blazes do they fund such horse turds!

Sorry - rant over.

edit on 16/99/11 by Elentarri because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I love Lion King but I have zero interest in spending $10 to see a movie I've seen a thousand times with 3D effects added. 3D is never worth it unless the movie was filmed that way (like Avatar). A lot of movies are adding 3D effects in post production and it looks terrible and gives a lot of people headaches.

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

George Lucas is up to his old tricks recently too. Changing the epic scene where Darth shouts "NOOO" at the emperor while he is electrocuting Luke. One of a few new changes

Please tell me you're joking.... The silent rebellion was a much more powerful thing...

Also, this one isn't real but I thought it was funny, Alderaan shot first:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I just saw this last night, and I have to say, they did an AMAZING job in the 3D conversion.
You really couldn't tell it wasn't originally a 3D movie. And, it wasn't one of those "headache" experiences either. The 3D really added to the movie, and the layering techniques were pretty eye-popping.

I forgot just how good Jeremy Irons as Scar was...or how funny the hyenas were in this flick. (it's been years since I watched this with friends' kids, etc.)

They did re-edit the dust spelling out "Sex" too, for those of you looking for such easter eggs.

This movie really was probably one of the best Disney movies ever made. It had the gravitas of the old classics, with the catchy songs of the newer ones, and just a great story and music.

top topics

join