It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it not Impossible for God NOT to exist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by smithjustinb

It was more like a theological statement, than the science/logic inclusion I had hoped for.

But being sensible about it you presented it as speculation, so I take it as such. Speculations are not without value.

Imagine infinity as a number line going on and on in all directions. The numbers themselves are part of the number line, but they each define a finite quantity of their own. The number line itself has contact with each of the finite quantities while maintaining its existence as the number line.

In infinity is all there is. All there is is from infinity.

Now the thing about this number line is there is always some form of polarity no matter what the quantity is. So the quantity, 2, has a polarity of 1 and 3. 4 has a polarity of 2 and 6 AND 1 and 5.

So with infinity, there is an infinite range of polarities. Infinite potentials. Every flow requires a source and a path. Infinity is the source for all numbers, not zero.

In our case, intelligence is the path and existence is the source for that intelligence. Given the fact that we are part of this universe, then we can assume that that is the case for the rest of it as well.

Infinite existence to infinite intelligence gives you infinite progression. The ultimate polarities for this universe. God.

Good answer. Give me a few days to compose an answer (I'll be busy elsewhere).

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I make no assumptions but your name is very telling.

It's because I understand Jesus as asking or inviting us to work collaboratively with him in spirit for a participative eschatology, whereby the end of the present age is indeed the end of evil and the rule of Satan, and the new age to come, governed by love and Civil conscious awareness but not without eternal vigilence (and no I don't mean as a security grid to prevent terrorism).

"Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

If we take Jesus at his word, then we will be advocates and "farmhands" working for a new age at the harvest, and intil that sickle comes out, which it will and must at some point, ours must be the all-inclusive Christ for the sake of his love and mercy.

And when the great day of the Lord dawns, it will likely go even harder on hard hearted religious fanatics who assume the position of judge, than on rational sceptics who are open minded.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
"Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

If we take Jesus at his word, then we will be advocates and "farmhands" working for a new age at the harvest, and intil that sickle comes out, which it will and must at some point, ours must be the all-inclusive Christ for the sake of his love and mercy.

If we take the Bible at its word, then we collectively are Jesus. Much like a multi-dimensional fractal.

Romans 12:5
so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

1 Corinthians 12:12
Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:27
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Ephesians 4:15
Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.

Colossians 1:24
Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.

Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-9-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Those statements are all entirely agreeable, but none quoted Jesus himself..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Those statements are all entirely agreeable, but none quoted Jesus himself..

Edited

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

First of all, Star and Flag for your courage in posting this. I haven't read through the thread, but I would bet the Christians will be all over this like flies to honey.

I am a heavy researcher and avid reader, and I too have pondered that very question, not once, but nearly every day sometimes. There is absolutely not a shred of evidence that a God does exist, and after all, we could be living within a computer program, part of an experiment of some kind, or even thoughts with the mind of a being so highly intelligent we could not even imagine anything about it. I mean, if there WAS a God, do you think for a second the world would be in such condition as it is? Would there be so many wars and killings? So, in truth, this is one of those questions that cannot be answered honesty, because no one has ever seen God, save but a few ETs that were posing as Gods, so we don't know, do we?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join