It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Job! Jobs! Jobs! Cheering on our own slavery. Employment bubble popped. Fight against work.

page: 23
163
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I can't agree more. I have the illusion myself.. They make it seem like freedom is there. It's your option to hippy it up or materialize in this world, arming yourselves with the latest trends. Or go about a care free self nurtureing life. I grew up with a father who slaved in this world, and couldn't support himself or me. Degree and everything this man shattered. Sucked into the worlds gambling and drug comotose. I was brought up bullied and left in a shell. Too afraid to take action. Ffinally getting my recognition i realise this world isn't what it should or could be. born as part of this generation , into an almost fully slaved world in this western culture and belief. Freedom seems far, in the rest of the worlds views. I've been trying desperately my life to be everything but below the poverty line, and lets face it. If you don't already have it, you wont or likely can't get it. Until the conditioned idea in your mind near the end of your lifes work term, that you may achieve happiness in false form, will persist no longer. But that'll only happen when it comes down to being too physically demanding, and thriving on younger generations support. Because the Government spent your pension.. if it existed. My father passed a few months back. His addiction got the better of him. And being who I am, I've only been looking forward to living in a nice house, with a sustainable household. Kids of my own, a loving wife. I've been cheated and thrown a side but never lost hope of this dream. For I pictured a family better than the one I was raised in. I have no criminal record, I've been taking post secondary and university classes in all aspects of engineering, my conscious spits honesty and personality out the ass. Yet I don't understand. How the dream I've been raised to believe in, is slowly being stripped from me? In an ever increasing struggle to find my place in the governents economy, and if you follow it enough, is crashing at an increasing rate. Banks create this poverty, and unjust life.
Who would have thought the american paper dollar was useless without a real physical asset? Half our countries jobs lie over seas to create even more poverty. And with Obamas job bill, eighty percent of it going to recent immigrants in texas only spills the beans towards this global unison thing, and the mero. Or whatever their selfish scheme is this time. I see no hope in this dream I had painted for me. For it's all I knew.




posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto
 


And to Tarno was well.

Yeah, things got a lot worse over the last decade. Corporations have gotten down right dirty, nasty, and mean. It is obscene the way business is conducted these days.

I have been in Silicon Valley, high tech capital of the world for about three decades now, and this is not how things are done in innovative companies.

The whole deregulation, turn a blind eye towards white collar crime mentality has led directly to the giant corps buying up the innovative, productive companies, and turning them into models of inefficiency. The only reason these giant corps survive is because the laws have been tilted so far in favor of their existence, that they would have to commit suicide to end at this point in time, under current circumstances.

It is a complete and total myth that private industry is more efficient than government. These giant corps are the most inefficient organizations I have ever encountered.


Time to end big corporations as we know them.



posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The first shovel ready job is already there but Obama would never even start it. He needs the illegals votes.

It would only take days to resume building the great wall between the US and Mexico to keep the illegals and drugs out.
Parts are already approved but never started.



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Op you are correct.

Totally agree with you.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem
 




Meanwhile, I'll go and put my feet up in the sunshine and ponder how I will enjoy the rest of my leisurely life

Go right ahead.
Thanks BS, I surely will. Not that I need your permission, of course





We have multiple kids. I'll make sure they grow up knowing that it's not OK to be a parasite.
It doesn't guarantee they won't grow up to be one



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by macman
 



It is the fault of the person signing the loan. Regardless if they did not plan either way.
Now, if the market were allowed to correct itself, on its own, like say foreclosing on those that could no longer make the payments, this process would have ended a lot sooner.

It is the fault of the banker, as they wrote the loans knowing that the person signing the paper was worth nothing.

It is the fault of the Govt for pressing the idea that "all can have a home", and making it an option for the banks to construct such loans.

And it is the fault of society, which has instilled on the masses that "right now, now now now" is the way.


Ah, the ole blame everyone position, rather than convict the people who actually committed the crimes.

While we all are guilty of making mistakes on a regular basis, in the recent run up, the fact is clear to everyone, but those who refuse to see the reality.

The bankers intentionally committed crimes. They knowingly and willingly falsified documents (loan ratings) for personal profit.



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by macman
 



It is the fault of the person signing the loan. Regardless if they did not plan either way.
Now, if the market were allowed to correct itself, on its own, like say foreclosing on those that could no longer make the payments, this process would have ended a lot sooner.

It is the fault of the banker, as they wrote the loans knowing that the person signing the paper was worth nothing.

It is the fault of the Govt for pressing the idea that "all can have a home", and making it an option for the banks to construct such loans.

And it is the fault of society, which has instilled on the masses that "right now, now now now" is the way.


Ah, the ole blame everyone position, rather than convict the people who actually committed the crimes.

While we all are guilty of making mistakes on a regular basis, in the recent run up, the fact is clear to everyone, but those who refuse to see the reality.

The bankers intentionally committed crimes. They knowingly and willingly falsified documents (loan ratings) for personal profit.


Ok, show me the trial where the evidence has come out that shows what crime was committed.

So it is just a mistake by someone willfully signing a Loan Doc, but Damn those Evil Bankers.
*Shakes Fist*
Damn them to hell!!!!

I am sure that people didn't fudge there documents, or over state their finances to have it right now.



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't like your idea.

You are trying to fix corruption with another system of corruption. I'm not interested. I'll actively work against you.



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Yeah, I don't like your idea.

You are trying to fix corruption with another system of corruption. I'm not interested. I'll actively work against you.
Sorry, who are you referring to and what are you talking about?



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident

Originally posted by Aeons
Yeah, I don't like your idea.

You are trying to fix corruption with another system of corruption. I'm not interested. I'll actively work against you.
Sorry, who are you referring to and what are you talking about? [/quote

The OP.



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by macman
 


Do a little research. Didn't I already post links to this stuff earlier. Google news, mortgage fraud. Quite a few lawsuits going on now against the major players. How do you not know this.

You still live at home with your mother?



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons
 
Are you able to articulate your disdain for the concepts the OP puts forth?



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The system doesn't allow for growth.

The system means giving over every aspect of human life to a system that you have to hope will be a benign dictatorship.

It removes reward for innovation, and indeed discourages it as being disruptive to the system.

It presumes that everyone would be happy in this system, which would make anyone who is not an enemy.

It is based on conformity of thought, so variation from it would be traitorous.

It presumes work is free.

It would lead to a system of expansionism as the needed extra resources must be provided from outside this system to float the vast numbers of the lazy - and yes, they are lazy.

It requires a controlled monoculture.

Work is a necessary function of energy production, even in an agrarian system. Presuming that food comes without work is not just selfish, but literally contrary to physics. Automation would mean even worse mono agriculture, or to go the other way requires work. Which then removes the entire basis of your system.

That'd be beginning.



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
The system doesn't allow for growth.
If the system is based on constantly improving efficiency, how does this not mean growth?

Originally posted by Aeons
The system means giving over every aspect of human life to a system that you have to hope will be a benign dictatorship.
Why would it not be a government of the people where the means of production are owned by the people?

Originally posted by Aeons
It removes reward for innovation, and indeed discourages it as being disruptive to the system.
As I stated, it's all about innovation. Innovation's reward is less work and rewarding leisure.

Originally posted by Aeons
It presumes that everyone would be happy in this system, which would make anyone who is not an enemy.
I'm not happy in our system. Am I the enemy?

Originally posted by Aeons
It is based on conformity of thought, so variation from it would be traitorous.
It's based on innovation to insure all are cared for through as little work as possible.

Originally posted by Aeons
It presumes work is free.
Our new work will reward us with more leisure time.

Originally posted by Aeons
It would lead to a system of expansionism as the needed extra resources must be provided from outside this system to float the vast numbers of the lazy - and yes, they are lazy.
They just enjoy leisure more than you. It would be no problem for most of the "lazy" to do their small part in our new world.

Originally posted by Aeons
It requires a controlled monoculture.
With all that free time, I would think we would be more expressive.

Originally posted by Aeons
Work is a necessary function of energy production, even in an agrarian system. Presuming that food comes without work is not just selfish, but literally contrary to physics. Automation would mean even worse mono agriculture, or to go the other way requires work. Which then removes the entire basis of your system.
Energy is free. It takes little variety of food to keep us healthy. If your passion is food, grow some in your extended free time.



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Oh man. You didn't bring me onside at all there.

Not interested. At all. Deeply not interested. Creepy.

I swear to God I will channel Loki and wreck havoc.
edit on 2011/10/15 by Aeons because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Oh man. You didn't bring me onside at all there.
I was merely responding. did you think I was trying to convert you?

Originally posted by Aeons
Not interested. At all. Deeply not interested. Creepy.
Will "Creepy" be the sum of your response?

Originally posted by Aeons
I swear to God I will channel Loki and wreck havoc.
I don't believe in gods or spirits. Creating havoc in most societies will get you removed from play.
edit on 15-10-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Your system assumes a lack of corruption. That everyone thinks the same. That people love the system. It works no other way.

None of these things are possible. It is a lie, and it is utterly creepy that you cannot fathom it.

I will not work to support your lazy butt. I will gladly add to a system that must understand that there are problems and that it is within the sphere of a social contract of humanity that some may need more help on occasion.

I will not be "removed from play." If I ever suspect that this sort of delusion is being implemented in my society, I will become an agent of havoc. Your belief in God is unnecessary.


edit on 2011/10/15 by Aeons because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I will not work to support your lazy butt.

Your people like to say that a lot. Maybe you should make a t-shirt. I am unable to fathom why that is your mantra. When do my people state that we would like you to do more than your fair share, or that others would not have to work their fair share?



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
We are not working a share. For a share, we would have agree on the goal. I don't agree with your goal, so my share is not a share it is enforced slavery. The ultimate irony.

You want your commune style life where you work little...go ahead. Join your atheist version of a Hutterite commune, and have'at'er. You're variation works inside a more flexible system.

My variation doesn't work at all in yours. Which means that every person like me would have to be removed, along with our entire genetic line when we've shown any tendency to not comply consistently. And we don't comply well. I know what your system has in store for me and mine. The logical conclusion of your views is tyranny of the most disturbing sort.



posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
We are not working a share. For a share, we would have agree on the goal. I don't agree with your goal, so my share is not a share it is enforced slavery. The ultimate irony.


The "goal" would be the betterment of society and mankind, and to improve the efficiency of everything that we need and do. I don't think you understand. Your conclusion that it's "creepy" lead me to believe that you're just afraid of change.




top topics



 
163
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

log in

join