It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maryland.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Hello guys I am new to ATS and have been reading some the numerous posts here and I decided that I should make an account. =) Anyways, I made this thread because I wanted to know if anybody in Maryland, besides me and a few of my friends, think that Maryland is home of the most mind-controlled people in this country? If not, which state do you think is more "dumbed down"?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DGE05

Welcome to ATS, DGEO5!

I'm relatively new to ATS myself but your headline grabbed my attention.

I'm not in MD, but in the DC Area--VA side.

To your question:

Anyways, I made this thread because I wanted to know if anybody in Maryland, besides me and a few of my friends, think that Maryland is home of the most mind-controlled people in this country? If not, which state do you think is more "dumbed down"?

Although I haven't lived in MD., I have have lived in numerous states, both East and West Coasts...

To be honest with you, each state population I encounter as I move seems dumber and dumber over a short span of time...

My conclusion: the entire US is "dumbed down" IMO.

Enjoy ATS!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

Well hello to you too! I'm glad I'm not the only one. Although, I can't really talk because I'm no genius, but I am somewhat aware of what's happening around.

edit on 13-9-2011 by DGE05 because: spelling error lol

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DGE05

Hello... and welcome to ATS. I think that the USA is dumb downed. However...not all of it....like us people here on ATS...we are not dumb. I believe the majority of the members on ATS are very awake.

Have you ever noticed that if you go out into the world and try to discuss the conspiracy issues we discuss on ATS...that many people look at you like you are nuts....and they don't want to talk about these issues... but instead want to talk about food, or going shopping...or look at my new nail color.....or car....etc.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

YES! I've always noticed that. I don't know why some people choose not to talk about it. I mean, c'mon, there are just some things that are EXTREMELY questionable that somehow ties to the government. Ever since Hurricane Irene I've had alot of questions about it and seeing on here the possibility of it being "made" kinda made me not watch mainstream media for awhile.

edit on 13-9-2011 by DGE05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DGE05

Howdy! Not from Maryland but my spouse is and a lot of his kin are still there. In years past I thought that a lot of his family were seriously brainwashed by government propoganda, but over the last few years they have been seriously awakened! So no, I don't think people from Maryland are the most "dumbed downed". I just think that they are just raised to be so patriotic that it's taking them a little longer to see through the fog that they never wanted to believe was there. They're seeing through it now though!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I wish I can say the same for my father, but I seriously think he has complete faith in the government. Mainly because he works for them. Makes sense......

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DGE05

Hello and welcome to ATS. I am also in Maryland. It amazes me how people here take what the media says as gospel and do not question what they are told. Maybe it is because of our proximity to DC and a good portion of our state workers work in some sort of government or government contract jobs. But then maybe it is every state. The education system has dumbed down the population for years.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DGE05

Hi DGE05, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DGE05

You may be onto something there, because most of the kin up there also worked for the govt. It seems that as they get older and retire from those govt. jobs is when they have started to wake up, although it could just be that as they get older they are becoming wiser. Who knows? Anyway, don't give up on your Dad- even old dogs can learn new tricks!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DGE05

Nor a genius am I....

See, in your 1st thread, I made a sweeping generalisation that "the entire US is dumbed down," and as caladonea nicely put it...not all are dumbed down! Don't make this mistake here

What I meant to say is that given a particular state in the union you are going to find dumbed down people, but, to me, it seems that this is happening almost everywhere at a rapid pace.

I think this dumbing down is due to TPTB (political, social, economic institutions associated), the MSM, Pop Culture, and Individuals/Families' Value, Belief, Behavior, and Attitutde Choices in combination. If one is not careful he/she can quickly buy into it for whatever reasons: convenience, excuse, perception, etc.

Hope more in MD chime in to see if your thesis is correct; DC area is plentiful w/employment now so I can see where you arrived at that from the beginning....

edit on 13-9-2011 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Comeuppance

Yes md is a "dumbed down" state. Ive lived here for 20 years and almost everyone here is dependent on the govt, local state or fed. Either people here work for the govt or contractor or they depend on them by some kind of welfare. This state also has one o the biggest heroin ports(inner harbor) in the us, dc is a stones throw away, and the NSA is also stationed here and who knows what's going on in there.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluedream54

Well to tell the truth, I don't know what the MSM reports anymore. As I stated earlier I stopped watching MSM for awhile. Now I only watch movies on TV. =)

new topics

top topics

join