It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Flotus saying?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I'm actually going to call you out on this. I've conducted damn near 300 military funerals, folded over 200 flags personally, and it does not take that long.

Michelle O'Crackhead will come to face to face with bad karma at some point. I'm not concerned.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have read all of the comments here and do not see how you can get "All this for a #ing flag," out of it. She is clearly verbally saying "I love how they fold that flag."

edit on 14-9-2011 by masscreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
WTF? How can anyone make out any words at all? For all we know, she could've been telling Obama, "I wanna get you naked."

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

No -- I used to have one in my garage. I took it down a few years ago as it seemed to attract the wrong kinds of friends, IMO.

The "Don't Tread On Me" motive is symbolic. It represents the will of a people united beneath it to protect their constitution, which -- whether you like it or not -- protects a citizens right to burn the flag if they so desire. It's actual values, like -- "I may hate everything you say, but I would die to defend your right to say it" -- that we enshrine under such a symbol, not the symbol itself. Freedom of Speech is about guaranteeing the right to "speak" that which is improper, controversial, and unpopular. It's not about "protecting the right of everyone else to agree completely with "me."

But it doesn't matter. We have one "expert" who agrees the First Lady is disdainful, and another who put forth an alternate explanation of what was said here. The rest of the thread is palmistry and astrology. And this is on a message board over the Internet about "denying ignorance." Threatening to back hand unbelievers isn't going to shore up a weak argument. Insinuating that someone's life might be in danger if they "take their act on the road" is a fairly good indication that a nerve has been struck, as well.

Your mileage can and will vary of course. That's kind of the point.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
reply to post by blupblup

Excuse me, she was the second expert we had here. The other, an editor who has to match audio to video (especially difficult in conversation) had a different opinion...

I know what I see mate.... as does everyone else who is being objective.

Only those with an agenda and/or hate for the Obama's, are seeing them as evil-flag-hating-mocking-the-dead sicko's.... I wonder why that is?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
WTF? How can anyone make out any words at all? For all we know, she could've been telling Obama, "I wanna get you naked."

What you do is watch the video, then use your eyes to look at her mouth as she is saying "look how they fold the/that flag"

It's really not difficult or supernatural or worthy of a "WTF?"

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This all really silly. She made a comment about the flag...I really doubt that it was a derogatory one. You are going to see what you want to see. I highly doubt that the woman who married to the president of the United States is anti-American. I'm calling troll on the original video maker.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You will see her saying whatever you are looking for in this video. Nobody would have accused her of saying this 4 years ago, but now your perception of them is influencing what you want to see.

The quieter people are speaking, like when they lean over for a private word with their husband, the less pronounced their lip movements will be. How any of you can see what she is 'clearly saying' is beyond me, because any one syllable word will look virtually the same when spoken at a lower volume.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

"So your spitting in their faces in light of their sacrifice would be impossible as well as inappropriate.. This place disgusts me more everyday. "

Ooohh.. dramatic metaphor, "spit".. in the face!!.. relax Rambo..

I wouldn't take the time out of my day to go physically "spit" on anyone.. I have better things to do.

People are allowed to gather in private ceremonies swing dead chickens over their head, pull wings off flys or watch dead folks buried while other people fold stuff.. I get the emotional mind boink, been there done that..but I'm over all that now.. just pomp & circumstance.

The flag lost all meaning for me a long time ago.. during my employ in the military.. compare symbolism to boots on the ground indefinite detention patriot act reality.. and you might just see it's ALL bullscat.

Sure it's a neat gesture when a big deal is made over a death, albeit generic.. imo unique individuals should have a custom send off that honors them as a person... but thats a decision strangers are free to make for themselves. I respect their choice by ignoring / avoiding their events... but I'm not gonna pretend to care on the internet.. troops KIA these days should have stayed home.. occupiers are unpopular in the mid east.. any history teacher can attest to that.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
I think she is saying "All of this for a F_ing flag?"

That's exactly what it looks like to me, and I came to that conclusion BEFORE reading your comment.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
It looks to me like she is actually saying 'I love how they fold the flag'. Two americans sharing an intimate moment of pride in their country.

Are you kidding me??? This woman has absolutely no respect or pride for America- did you forget her remarks after Obama was elected about how this was the first time she's ever been proud of her country?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Personal disclosure: I don't like Obama, I didn't vote for Obama, I think Obama is a poor president.

How dare Michelle Obama whisper something to her husband at a ceremony! Didn't she know that anything she said, regardless of how pertinent to the day's events or innocent in reality it was would be utterly bastardized, twisted, and jumped upon by the internet community of hyenas and scavengers?

Seriously, everybody needs to chill on this. I have no idea what the hell she said but, based solely on her husband's reaction, I feel pretty safe in saying it IS NOT "all this for an [expletive] flag" or anything else of that nature.

It is threads like this that serve as an absolute *facepalm* nay, a double *facepalm* to those of us who sincerely believe Obama is a bad president and try to present that issue in a logical and justifiable manner. Crap like "Read the FLOTUS' lips, she's cussin' about the flag!", "Obama, is he the antichrist?", and "Obama took the oath of office on a copy of the Koran." all detract in an almost criminal manner from the legitimate criticisms directed at Obama's policies and his presidency. Do people really think that the vast majority of moderate American voters see these claims and suddenly are swayed over to the "Obama must go" side of the argument?

There is a vast world of difference between a bonafide, defensible beef and a bucket of sour grapes. One makes your points hold water and makes people think... maybe even brings their line of thinking into communion with your own, the other makes people look petty and, frankly, runs the risk of making you look like an ass.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Are you people serious?

With all the things we could be spending our time and energy on, why are we worried about what MO said...or might have said based on lip reading?

If she did say something disrespectful are we going to storm the White House and demand their removal?

NO!

Quit trying to use every single thing they do to discredit them. They will still be in the WH and you look like a desperate fool!
edit on 14-9-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I read lips.......she said...Days be F.....s ups da Flag folin...I also studied U.B Bonics..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Wow, you all are letting your hate fool you into seeing whatever you want to see.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentalGiant
I think I cracked it....

"Can you believe how they fold that flag?"

I dont like her one bit, bit i think she was amazed at the flag folding perfection. You have to remember, these idiots know they are being filmed, they are part "mugging" for the camera.

I dont even think Obama heard her, or was even paying attention to her, he did what I always do with my wife in loud places....look her in the eye, acknowledge that i agree with whatever # she just said, just to keep the peace...

I guess Im "Presedential Looking" LOL
edit on 13-9-2011 by MentalGiant because: (no reason given)

Ha ha anything to keep the peace with the Mrs right?

Well my opinion is that I absolutely not can tell for sure what the First lady is saying.
But so what, if she does say something stupid, she is only human.
And something I can promise is, that everyone here have said some stupid and probably tasteless thing sometime. So what?! Sh*t happens.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowmyst
What or who is FLOTUS?

really?
"F-irst L-ady O-f T-he U-S"
POTUS: President of the US"
A.k.A.:
TOTUS:"Teleprompter of the US".
edit on 14-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

I respectfully disagree,I believe she is saying "all this for folding a flag" regardless of what she said she shouldn't have been flapping her mouth to begin with,...totally disrespectful

edit on 14-9-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I don't know or care what she said to be honest, either positive or negative. I do remember watching it live and was surprised that she even spoke during that part of the event. I would have thought it would be better to remain silent during that part of the ceremony.

I think everybody on this thread is doing their best cloud picture when trying to figure out what she said.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join