It's always nice to dream about owning one of the best rifles ever made... let me share with you one that sits at the top of my wet dream list... The
(1) Adjustable Cheekpiece. An integral adjustable cheekpiece positions your head perfectly.
(2) Tight Benchrest Tolerances. Barrel threads and the chamber are cut to critical tolerances and fit by hand. The barrel axis is perfectly in line
with the bolt axis. The bolt face and action face are perpendicular to the barrel axis. The action is pillar-bedded into the stock and the barrel is
free-floated. All dimensions are held to competition benchrest standards.
(3) Square-Surfaced Recoil Lugs. Recoil lugs are surface ground on both sides and pinned to the receiver to produce a perfectly square mating between
the action face and the barrel shank.
(4) Thread Cap Provided. On all rifles, a cap protects threads when a suppressor or brake is not in use. A muzzle brake is standard on the TAC-338.
(5) Match Grade Barrels. All McMillan barrels are premium-selected, hand-lapped, match-grade barrels from the finest barrel makers in the country.
Barrels are stainless steel with a matte finish.
(6) Accessories Are Available. Bipods, scopes, night vision, extra magazines, slings and other options are available through McMillan.
(7) Hinged Floorplate or Detachable Box Magazine. A positive functioning hinged steel floorplate provides easy unloading, yet is more rugged than
production firearms to withstand the rigors of daily field use. Or you may choose our floorplate system that includes a reliable-feeding detachable
box magazine. The prominent magazine release can be operated easily with gloved fingers.
(8) Crisp Trigger. The trigger is tuned to a 3 lb. pull which is standard for most professional tactical organizations. The trigger pull can be
adjusted by any-competent gunsmith.
Little wonder MSRP starts $5399 (real world $5200) a complete package like you see in the photo above will set you back just three bills under 8
I know many will ask... Why the 300 win mag... why not a .338? simple... "Cartage availability" the truth is there is only a few choices for the .338
but within the world of .30 my options are almost limiteless... and a lot cheaper then the $5 per shot of a .338...
I've only ever gotten to shot this bad boy once... They come with a Leupold Mark 4 3.5 10x40mm M1 Mil Dot scope and the new owner wanted it
professionally installed and sighted in... three rounds through this fine machine was all I got... with match ammo those three shots at a 100 yards
could be covered with a quarter... his was black but the catalog shows they come in a verity of flavors... Black, Olive, Gray, Tan, Dark Earth ...
oh to be rich to afford these kinds of toys... why did I have to be born so damn good looking instead ....
By the way... if anyone from McMillan ever reads this... feel free to send me one for extensive field testing and a better review.... it shouldn't
take more than ten or twenty years
Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 17/9/2011 by
ArMaP because: (no reason given)