It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Preparing For Conflict.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
August 23, 2004

China is secretly mapping underwater terrain in the Pacific in preparation for an eventual conflict with the United States there, reports yesterday quoted the Taiwanese premier as saying.

Chinese surveillance ships sailed close to Japanese waters 14 times last year and seven times this year, and have also sailed "numerous times" near the Pacific Ocean just east of Taiwan, the state-funded Central News Agency quoted Premier Yu Shyi-kun as saying during a transit stop in New York on his return from Latin America.

link to story here, john
www.etaiwannews.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i dont think thier gearing up, i mean they could just be mapping the sea's i mean britain does that and its not prepareing for war.
i think the taiwanese are being a bit paranoid.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
China Rapidly Modernizes for War With U.S.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Can't say this looks very promising. Glad I'm over draft age because I certainly would NOT fight for Taiwan's independence. That's their problem not ours. But our ignorant leader will try and find a way to make it ours. Then again I'd wager none of his daughters will be drafted.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Guess who's back Back again Westy's back Tell a friend Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back..

Not our problem? How about then we were fighting the British for our independence and other countries helped us. WE would still have the British flag now if others had not helped us. Just because its not your independence it doesn't mean we should turn our backs. Imagine where we would be now if others had turned their back on the US

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If you feel so strongly about it then feel free to round up all your family, friends and co-workers and go over and fight with them. Why should American's children be obligated to fight for someone else. A war like that should be 100% voluntary. And I'm sure when our kids are coming back in body bags by the 10's of thousands or one of our west coast cities gets nuked everyone will still say "hey it was worth it because Taiwan gets to be free". Not hardly.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

How about then we were fighting the British for our independence and other countries helped us. WE would still have the British flag now

Excuse me,but in my opinion,if there should be a war,it is more like the war between the north and south in US,if the north didn't defeated the south when they declared independence.the US may never be a great coutry.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a great read Tupolev!!!! good to see you settling down nice into the ATS forums

I agree with you Westpoint that the US wouldn't be where it was today if it wasn't for the help of a nation like France against the Brits.

The Taiwan question seems to be a hotly debated one on this forum and I myself am for the "One China" policy ONLY if there is serious political change in China. I also believe that this issue can be worked out on the peace table.

I think the US should not get involved in this conflict because there is a chance that they will take many nations in Asia (including my own) eventually into this conflict as well. Our foreign minister has recently stated that he supports the one china policy and our government wouldn't immediately back the United States if China invaded but I don't believe for a minute that we would just sit by when the US is so important for our defence and we have to show allegiance to our protectors

However if the Taiwanese people do not want to reunify with the mainland and request US assistance from China by all means they should be helped. But only if the majority of the people in Taiwan want this and not just the rich and the government.

This could spur an arms race in Asia and hopefully this won't go nuclear.

The whole US draft issue is indeed a sad one because the poor's sons and daughters would be fighting the rich and powerful's wars while their sons and daughters get out of it or go into the National Guard
. I don't think there would many members of congress that would be willing to sign up their children to go and serve in Iraq would there? ( I think there was only one who had a son/daughter do a tour in Iraq?) what kind of sane person would?? but it's interesting that they are more than happy to sign up someone else's children for a war

If there are people who believe that the fight is right, let them sign up I say.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Can't say this looks very promising. Glad I'm over draft age because I certainly would NOT fight for Taiwan's independence. That's their problem not ours. But our ignorant leader will try and find a way to make it ours. Then again I'd wager none of his daughters will be drafted.

"We must defend freedom." -George W. Bush

And with that line, he will justify every war.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
i dont think thier gearing up, i mean they could just be mapping the sea's i mean britain does that and its not prepareing for war.
i think the taiwanese are being a bit paranoid.

Maybe, but there is also supposed to be a SOSUS array in the Taiwan Straight. Would help thier cause if they were able to locate it and when a conflict happens be able to try to take it out.

E_T

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Maybe, but there is also supposed to be a SOSUS array in the Taiwan Straight. Would help thier cause if they were able to locate it and when a conflict happens be able to try to take it out.

Yeah, that would be definitely priority target for them.

Also they might be mapping bottom because they search areas in which they could use underwater mines.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
If you feel so strongly about it then feel free to round up all your family, friends and co-workers and go over and fight with them. Why should American's children be obligated to fight for someone else. A war like that should be 100% voluntary. And I'm sure when our kids are coming back in body bags by the 10's of thousands or one of our west coast cities gets nuked everyone will still say "hey it was worth it because Taiwan gets to be free". Not hardly.

And when states hostile to the United States take out all of the friends the United States has, there will be no one left to help the U.S. out when it is eventually the target. You KNOW that the U.S. will be a target of China sooner or later. Better get them sooner because it will be a hell of a lot harder later.

new topics

top topics

join