It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania Ufo. Real or fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Heya. Found this interesting alleged ufo clip. The camera work seems ok in this one and its zoomed pretty well in. What you guys think? real or fake?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Doesn't matter if it is real or fake. Nothing useful can be extracted from this video anyway. It could be aliens from planet Zorg or a Christmas tree ornament.......but much like every other ufo video out there this is useless.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

It does'nt matter if UFOs are real or fake, fact is, they are unidentified flying objects and that means they can be anything, they are just not identified. To most people UFOs equates to galactic Alien crafts; this is not correct but a better description would be UAFO if you want to be more specific. Now how many are prepared to use that term? My guess is, none.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Who would they put "the end" on a real UFO video?

If it was a genuine video surely they wouldn't have, so I say fake.

Even if it was something they actually recorded in the sky...
its just another random video of lights that could be any number of things.

edit on 13-9-2011 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It could be Christmas lights hung on a fishing pole, filmed by Shaky the Alcoholic for all I can tell from that video.

Dang it, only 102 shopping days until Christmas.

ETA: I gave you a star and a flag for posting the vid, I never saw it before. Thanks.
edit on 13-9-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

Even if it was something they actually recorded in the sky... its just another random video of lights that could be any number of things.

You know what it looks like to me? A bunch of people in the woods with candles, flashlights, or glowsticks, and the guy with the camera is maybe 30 feet back walking around, possibly filming through trees. The lights appear to reflect off something that I would say is the ground.

Yes, I'm saying not only is this not a UFO, it's not even flying, it's something on the ground and the guy is walking around it.

Lame.

Anyways, a question for the OP as we get hundreds of these threads a day, always starting off the same:

Heya. Found this interesting.......

How and where exactly did you find this? This is something I'm going to start asking more and more, how exactly did you "discover" this video? Random youtube searches for ufos? Some other website? Because, and I'm not saying this is the case here, it would appear some people are doing this because they themselves created the video, and want to spam the site to up their youtube hit count.

Just a thought.
edit on 13-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I dont think this is real, heck this could have been recorded while driving behind a semitruck at night, the lights, there is no way to tell if you are looking up, down, whatever, just not enough to look at and compare size, distance, etc.....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It looks to me like a man-made aircraft...being taken out for a test-run.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It looks like something filmed in a dark room, it seems close to the camera. I'm not saying for sure it is but that's what it looks like to me. Also the background is just too black, there's no haze, no gradient, it's just solid black.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
One thing that can be extrapolated, is that the 'lights' are either, rectangular or square, (nothing to do with motion blur) or it's a very strange camera that squares everything.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Phish, you may be on to something. I checked the video when this was first posted, and there were less than 100 views. I'd be curious how the found this video as well. Seems to much like it is either theirs or a friends, and they want the traffic.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by rabzdguy

It does'nt matter if UFOs are real or fake, fact is, they are unidentified flying objects and that means they can be anything, they are just not identified. To most people UFOs equates to galactic Alien crafts; this is not correct but a better description would be UAFO if you want to be more specific. Now how many are prepared to use that term? My guess is, none.

Actually, there are useful definitions of UFO that have been put forth by people who have studied the reports and interviewed witnesses extensively. By those definitions, a UFO can NOT be just anything. In fact, applying the definition of UFO as these investigators have used it essentially rules out all conventional explanations.

One such definition can be found on the first page of this interesting paper.

Actually, the term used in the paper is UAP, or unidentified aerial phenomena, but it refers to the same thing.

People who have investigated UFO reports first-hand note that most reports are prompted by sightings of conventional objects or phenomena by people who don't know what they are looking at. A small percentage, however, are left unexplained, despite an abundance of relevant evidence and competent investigation. Many of these sightings, when taken as a group, tend to display definite patterns of appearance and behavior. The patterns span all geographical and cultural boundaries. These unknown phenomena are called UFOs.

Of course, people can use any term any way they want to, but the way "UFO" is used in popular culture, and by many people on this forum, is completely different from the way it is used by people who study this stuff in a serious manner. The "U" does not mean "unidentified by the observer".

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
Who would they put "the end" on a real UFO video?

If it was a genuine video surely they wouldn't have, so I say fake.

Even if it was something they actually recorded in the sky...
its just another random video of lights that could be any number of things.

edit on 13-9-2011 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

Any number of things? That's quite a statement. How about naming seven things that this is likely to be?
edit on 13-9-2011 by Orkojoker because: added text.

top topics

join