It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Access Your Memory?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Is there any methods that you can actually access your memory bank? is this even possible?

Sorry about short thread.

Pix

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pixiekaram

Only one i can think of is hypnosis. Just do a Google search to see if any are in business near you. Though, it seems like that sort of thing would have a lot of fakes. So read up on it first so you can tell when one is full of BS.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The best way that I've found, if I'm trying to remember something, is to let go completly of trying to remember what it is I'm trying to remember. You know when you proper think about something, and it's just not there, and then a few hours later, when your mind is blank or thinking of something else, it comes to you. It works like that. The more you try and remember something which you can't remember, the further away from it you get. If you can let go and either let your mind go blank, or just move on and think of something else, it will come to you.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Try some meditation techniques. They help clear the mind and increase brain activity.

And as Acidtastic said, try not to think about what you are trying to remember but instead try and focus on nothing. Meditation will help with this also

Hope that helps

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
smells can help recall memories.
if you want childhood memories try walking around where you grew up, you might pick up a scent that'll be familiar with that time.
hope this helps you.
edit on 13-9-2011 by listerofsmeg because: my spelling sucks at this time of day

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Professional regression is one way, and you need to be careful about letting anyone into your mind to begin with.

Self hypnosis videos on youtube are good tools.

I would suggest meditation and using binaurals, hemisync, putting them on mp3 players, perhaps a repeat play.

You can check to see if they have submliminals on the audacity free software program. And even rearrange things yourself on that program, add a frequency. ie theta tone. You can layer sounds, free download theta, or alpha or a range, goign form one to the other and open source free music and nature, and create your own binaural, with your own guided words to remember, or subliminal.

The point of binuarals is the whole brain connection between right and left hemipshere, which is called the Rainbow bridge.

Sungazing at dawn or sunset when its low UV, and by turning your head to the side and letting the sun in the corners of your eyes the rest of the time, also creates a whole brain experience. This affects memories even soul memories.

And devising excercises where you ask yourself questions, or state you will remember.

And listen to the mp3 while doing repetitive type chores, like dishes, or laundry, or walks, with sunshine especially, increases pineal. And ask simply statements. What do I need to remember. Or state: I am regaining all memories and recall all necessary details.

I would also do this before sleep.

And meditate, seek within to your source, if you need to be protected from something, ask for assistance, and help from Higher Power, and Source, from Goodness and Love, to protect you and send help, and to help you overcome your own blocks and weaknesses in yourself to bring more light and protection in.

"For it is in giving that we receive" is a good model to live by.

edit on 13-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I access my memory banks every day.

I remembered how to get to work this morning, I remembered my children's names when I got them up for school.
I remembered how to make coffee when I got up out of bed.

I might forget some things, but I still have access to the memory bank.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Entrain your alpha and theta frequencies.. the more you do, the easier it becomes to access memories.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
When I started to record my dreams, my memory improved of past dreams and I have started remembering dreams I've had even 10 years ago. Along with my improved dream memory, I noticed my childhood memories have improved also. I don't know if dream memory is connected to life memories for everyone, but it seemed to work for me.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Please use caution with hypnosis and regressions. False Memory Syndrome is real and happens more often than the average person realizes. Recall, everyone on the block was satanically and sexually abused in the late eighties and nineties. Nothing was ever verified in any investigations. Just proceed with caution. I wouldn't let anyone else guide you down your own memory paths. Yoga sounds ok..I would like to hear what others think.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
Entrain your alpha and theta frequencies.. the more you do, the easier it becomes to access memories.

Can you tell me more about this? I have never heard of it.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Why you find it important to remember ?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by elyaeno

Everybody is assuming I'm searching for specific memory, the question is access your memory bank not memory, can anyone answer this question?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

that sounds ludicrous. We are not some computer with accessible hard-drive. Only savant or mentally different persons can possibly accomplish these things, because biologically, the brain of these people work differently.
If you have lived a normal life and previously had no dramatic and physically traumatizing experience, you will not be able to access your memory. Your memories are you.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelaisaac
When I started to record my dreams, my memory improved of past dreams and I have started remembering dreams I've had even 10 years ago. Along with my improved dream memory, I noticed my childhood memories have improved also. I don't know if dream memory is connected to life memories for everyone, but it seemed to work for me.

I wish. I have near perfect dream recall memory, Now, my real life memory that could use some improvement. Its pretty sad when you can recall your childhood dreams better than you can your actual childhood.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingNothing

i disagree with you, if you are unable to remember something how come when you forget about what it is you are trying to remember (could be minutes hours days weeks or months) your brain will continue searching and find it, if what your saying is true that if you can't remember then that memory its not there, how come this happens?.

Also your memory doesn't make you who you are, they just define you

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Studies have shown that the 'memories' accessed through hypnosis are often false, or partly so.

If you want to get right down to it, how accurate are the memories that we think are 'accurate'? Often what you see and subsequently remember is clouded by your own preconceived notions about the subject being perceived. What one person perceives is very different from what another person does when observing the same thing.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingNothing

Im lost? I'm able to search through my life through my memories. Like mini movies of particular events of my life. It can even be the most pointless stuff, I can recall it in my minds eye.

I'm assuming this is normal. For example. 6 months ago I made a conscious decision to remember a police car off some random website. To this day, The image is still in my mind, all I have to do is think of it. (As I was typing this, the image popped in my minds eye, and again, and again).

That's normal memory recall right? I'm assuming everyone can do this. I even have still images or mini movies of pointless stuff. They tend to pop up randomly, or if I search for it.

have you even seen those movies where the camera is going down a road, an dit speeds up down the road, through the city and down blocks and where-ever.. but just a fast paced camera.

That's kind of how I search through my mind for memories, or layouts of places that I have visited.

Eh, Im rambling but whatever.. quote what you like, and respond lol...

top topics

join