It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three question for Win7/vista

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
1) When I want to save file into a doc, but I forgot to creat a sub-doc, in any operation system before the win7, I were allowed to just creat the sub-doc in the pop window via right click to find NEW DOCUMANT munue, but this option couldn'e be found in win7. Why? or sthing I did wrong?

2) The MSN always occupied bar at buttom, no matter how did I set the bar, how do I remove it without quiting?
See below:

3) for vista:
How can I order the IE to remember the last saving path to a sub-doc? It seems the IE under Vista merely remember the first-calss doc: Administrator.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by emile

I would be more than happy to help you with your problems, but I need you to be a little more specific.

1) I don't understand what you are trying to do, are you trying to right click and create a new document? I don't understand what you mean by sub-doc.

2) Are you trying to get MSN messanger to not be a part of your taskbar?

3) I don't understand what you mean by sub-doc, sub folder maybe? Also don't understand what you mean by first class doc. Are you trying to figure out where IE saves your documents or are you trying to direct it to save to a specific location?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by emile

I were allowed to just creat the sub-doc in the pop window via right click to find NEW DOCUMANT munue, but this option couldn'e be found in win7.

Not sure what to tell you, right clicking my windows 7 desktop still brings up the context menu and the open "new" is there, when you mouse over that you get a selection of things to create, folders, documents, contacts, etc etc.

Here is a link with information on how to edit that menu and add or remove things as needed:

Windows 7 context menu

Now this requires editing registry keys, which is not advised for a novice BUT the site provides you with already created .reg files to add and remove many options, you can simply download it, run the reg as administrator, and you should be fine.

As for the rest, not entirely sure what you are asking.
edit on 13-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lZEROl
reply to post by emile

I would be more than happy to help you with your problems, but I need you to be a little more specific.

1) I don't understand what you are trying to do, are you trying to right click and create a new document? I don't understand what you mean by sub-doc.

2) Are you trying to get MSN messanger to not be a part of your taskbar?

3) I don't understand what you mean by sub-doc, sub folder maybe? Also don't understand what you mean by first class doc. Are you trying to figure out where IE saves your documents or are you trying to direct it to save to a specific location?

Arh yes, in English it's called sub-folder. for 1) I mean the win7 don't allow me to create a new folder in the pop-window for saving files

2) the MSN always occupied taskbar and are not able to remove it unless I quite it. ICQ as well, but any other software don't occupied like this and can be hiden.

3) the path, I mean, for saving into sub-folder and how to order IE to remember the last option in Vista?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by emile

1) In Windows 7 you can right click and select new and select folder to make a new folder.

2) Try right clicking you taskbar. Goto toolbars in the menu that pops up, and see if the programs you want to remove are listed. If so simply click them, this will remove the check box next to them and they will no longer appear in the taskbar. If they are not listed check the options of the program itself to see if there is an option to join to the taskbar.

3) I'm not exactly sure on Vista where the files are saved by default but I believe it is c:\users\"your user name"\downloads if not try c:\users\"your user name"\appdata\local\microsoft\temporary internet files\

When you save a file in internet explorer it will ask you where you want to save it. Once you save something in that location it will automatically start there next time it asks you where you want to save.

Let me know if that helps at all

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Greetings:
1) the sub-folder couldn't be created in pop-windows for saving files, which happened sometimes, now it is working.

2) your advice sadly didn't work, if MSN running, then it always presents at the taskbar and no method can move it or hide it, I don't know why.
If anybody here using win7 and MSN, run it for verify please.

3) your method is no functional, sorry, I don't know why. everytime, I have to point the sub-folder for saving and the next time the IE will forget the last savig path totally

new topics

top topics

join