It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if people with superpowers appear will you percieve this phenomenon as the second coming of Christ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
-if-, the video of the russian flying is real, if...I would guess its likely you'd hide that sort of skill no? recall the witch burnings if you will.

on that note, define superpowers...I personally count telekenisis but empathy and precognition are fairly widespread naturally, imo. are we talking phenominal cosmic power or things people don't understand or believe?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Those stories are old folklore of the past, Jesus Christ has about the same rite as Thor and Zeus.

There is nothing in this life that indicates the presence of supernatural.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The 2nd scenario is based on devil ridden new age occultist hippies who like to blow their own trumpet and conjure created spirits, so I'd most certainly be waiting for the real Jesus. Im not a christian either.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
reply to post by Paladin1dcs

Now there's the thing - modern day suicide bombers are not afraid of death either - does that make them right. Being prepared to die for your beliefs doesn't automatically make it right.

As for christianity in general i've always thought of jesus as a sort of archaic freedom fighter - rebelling against the strict dominion of the Romans - see any modern day parallels ?

At the end of the day there's some nice ideas in the bible - I mean who could be against the parable of the good samaritan or general concept like treat others as you'd treat yourself. There's knowledge to be gained in the bible but im a bit radical in that i believe there's more truth in a flower on the roadside than all the religious books put together. It's all just a mirror to behold your true self.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

There's a slight difference between being willing to murder for your beliefs, especially when your beliefs tell you that every infidel that you kill will be your servant in the hereafter, and being willing to be murdered for your beliefs.

As for your attitude towards Christianity in general and the Bible specifically, let me ask you a straight-forward question. Have you ever actually sat down and read through it, or do you base your opinion upon the bits and pieces that you've picked up over the years?

I ask because when you say that you see Jesus as some sort of archaic freedom fighter, it makes me wonder just how you got that impression, as that's not something which is supported by the texts or the secular accounts. This view of Him is somewhat odd, so I really want to hear how you formed it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by marvinthemartian

All i will say is,have you ever listend to yourself?If you did you would see why i say supercilious.
Allso the tone you use is asif you are compleatly correct and every one else is wrong.You can't know your right you can beleive your right but you can't know thats why its called faith is it not.
Unless your the omniscient one.
edit on 13-9-2011 by marvinthemartian because: oops dyslexic

Christian faith is not blind faith, it's literally the evidence of things not seen. You say I can't know if I'm right or not, but I would say that the only part which is faith is my trust that Christ is who He said He is.

There's no faith involved in determining if the texts we have are original and unchanged, that's easily proven as either correct or not.

There's no faith involved in determining if I believe the reports passed down to me by those who witnessed the resurrected Christ, as there were over 500 people who saw and interacted with Him after His resurrection and before His ascension.

The only faith involved is if we believe the report which Christ brought to us in the first place, which was that He was God. He didn't claim to be a prophet, great teacher or moral man, He claimed deity and that's what we have to weigh to determine what we do with His claims. As such, I have weighed the other claims of Jesus and found Him trustworthy in all other aspects, so I've decided that to have faith in Christ's ultimate claim to deity is not such a great step of faith when all the evidence is considered.

As for your charge that I'm showing a haughty disdain for other people's views, I'd have to say yes I am. I find most to be poorly thought out, hastily arrived at and the vast majority of the time merely a product of the desire to not create conflict with others. I harbor no ill will towards those types of people, but I also hold no innate desire to be well liked by them either. Truth and wisdom grates on those who are foolish in their approach to life and it's questions, so why should I desire to be well received by them?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

yes i've read the bible cover to cover and read many other books about it. Look at the situation in Israel at the time of jesus. When i say freedom fighter i mean in the style of ghandi, not OBL.

I'm curious, have you read anything other than the bible ?
edit on 14-9-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

THE FACTS ARE,THE ANTICHRIST WILL HAVE SUPER POWERS,THE TWO WITNESSES WILL TOO, WITCHES(VERY FEW,MOST NEVER HERD OF) USE THE HELP OF DEMONS,FOR SPELLS,DIVINATION,CURSES,HEALING..ECT.. AND PRIEST(VERY FEW) WHOM HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT
HAVE ANGLES WATCHING OVER THEM AND CAN EVEN HAVE DEMONS FLEE JUST WITH THERE PRESENCE, SOME PRIEST EVEN KNOW WHEN THERE ARE EVIL SPIRITS IN THE CHURCH GATHERINGS, ALL FROM EXPERIENCE

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I rest my case.
2nd line

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join