It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if people with superpowers appear will you percieve this phenomenon as the second coming of Christ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by prevenge

These mentioned sound like Xmen/women. I think personally when the energy is near ALL will feel the presence in this lil universe as the is said to be king of it (the UNIVERSE) so maybe the Xmen will behave like Angels. If good (wonder how they would do in space or are they only earth air fliers can the be in space w/o resperators ect.). Remember the holds keys to LIFE and DEATH can access HELL where dead of MANY LIE. Interesting thread OP.

edit on 9/13/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

right.. and like the other poster said.. people with super powers would need to have compassion in mind whild choosing their behavior...

anything otherwise would essentially be...

Anti-Christ... true?

supervillains = anti-christ..

superheroes = Christ...

are you all following me?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
i wouldn't consider it a 'second coming' or waiting for the bearded guy.
i'd assume they are just from a different planet, have different physiology and are visiting earth.
not that hard of a concept to understand.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
keeping in mind the "144,000" from Christianity's book of revelation...

would you perceive the second coming to be one man with a beard coming to save all people who believe the story of Jesus as factual history...

OR

a wave of the population.. .a certain small percentage, who have reached a certain point spiritually, and happen to be in bodies that are genetically inclined to make the lead to a higher level of "ability;... people that can heal disease and death with their hands, levitate like Jesus the Christ did as he walked on water, (fly) have indestructible bodies, have no need to eat food, etc... essentially. a race of people newly emerged from the current Homo Sapiens...

a new breed that mutates from the rest.... with new abilities and perception of reality...

would you view this as the second coming..

or would you still hold out and wait for one guy with a beard like in the pictures?

plz answer thanks
edit on 9/13/2011 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

Short answer to the Question in the thread title -- No. I'd assume they were GMO'd before I thought they were Jesus... even if they swore they were Jesus... And despite that fact, the bible says the Anti Christ will come first... Jesus, doesn't anybody pay attention anymore?

The Anti Christ will reign supreme for 7 years before the real second coming of Christ -- if you believe all that non-sense.

Anybody who believes the first super human who claims he is Jesus should know better...

::Sigh::

And hey ask me how I'm an atheist...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I will answer you question this way...

If some old white guy with a beard comes surfing down on a cloud, Ill probably consider it a hoax.
If a bunch of people start having super powers, I do not see why I would need to connect that to something related to "God".

If the governments of the world start paling aroud with either of the above scenerios, and if they start having "closed door" meetings to discuss what is "best for the world" with them, Ill just have to laugh.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Yes yes positive intentions Christed behavior
Negative intentions Anti Christed behavior
FOLLOWING

Do you think they can say jump to Andramada or any galaxy Nebula photon belt dark matter ring black holes access (MATERIALIZE IN THE PLANE OF EXISTANCE LIKE LIGHT BODY ANTI MATTER BODY PLASMA BODY --ENVIRONMENT SUIT-- ECT. CAN THEY LEAVE THIS UNIVERSE?) w/o craft or Earth ONLY INFLUENCING my friend just to ask LIKE GUARDIANS OF ANCIENT -AWAKEN-? Indeed their intents if LOVING would be welcome though. I think I really follow and 1 must say... It gets deeper then some may think on ATS

NAMASTE*******
edit on 9/13/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentalGiant
I will answer you question this way...

If some old white guy with a beard comes surfing down on a cloud, Ill probably consider it a hoax.
If a bunch of people start having super powers, I do not see why I would need to connect that to something related to "God".

If the governments of the world start paling aroud with either of the above scenerios, and if they start having "closed door" meetings to discuss what is "best for the world" with them, Ill just have to laugh.

You are correct.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
i wouldn't consider it a 'second coming' or waiting for the bearded guy.
i'd assume they are just from a different planet, have different physiology and are visiting earth.
not that hard of a concept to understand.

let me be abit more specific...

people who already exist HERE... all of a sudden GETTING superpowers....

i'll try to adjust my OP with this in mind...

edit- actually i pretty much made it clear in my post.. you just reacted to the title thread like the 2nd poster.. and didnt read it thoroughly...

might be better for you to read posts before answering knee-jerkedly? i think so.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

The question is rather silly. I'm not a Jew, nor are my people especially religious one way or another. I could probably work through 5 or 6 hypotheses before ever getting to the "these must be the Christian Justice League!" scenario you lay out in the OP.

And why Christian? Why couldn't they be reborn Greek heroes? Or returned members of the Asgardian pantheon? That makes about as much sense, IMO.

If you are standing outside on a hot sunny day and all of the sudden it gets dark -- do you attribute the darkness to the devil, or do you look up at the cloud that just passed between you and the sun and marvel at the silver lining?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin

would you perceive the second coming to be one man with a beard coming to save all people who believe the story of Jesus as factual history...

OR

a wave of the population.. .a certain small percentage, who have reached a certain point spiritually, and happen to be in bodies that are genetically inclined to make the lead to a higher level of "ability;... people that can heal disease and death with their hands, levitate like Jesus the Christ did as he walked on water, (fly) have indestructible bodies, have no need to eat food, etc... essentially. a race of people newly emerged from the current Homo Sapiens...

a new breed that mutates from the rest.... with new abilities and perception of reality...

or would you still hold out and wait for one guy with a beard like in the pictures?

plz answer thanks

Short answer to the Question in the thread title -- No. I'd assume they were GMO'd before I thought they were Jesus... even if they swore they were Jesus... And despite that fact, the bible says the Anti Christ will come first... Jesus, doesn't anybody pay attention anymore?

The Anti Christ will reign supreme for 7 years before the real second coming of Christ -- if you believe all that non-sense.

Anybody who believes the first super human who claims he is Jesus should know better...

::Sigh::

And hey ask me how I'm an atheist...

hey man.. i didn't say it was a bunch of people going around "claiming" to be Christ.

i didn't say these hypothetical people were claiming to be "Christs" (plural).

i just asked for your answer to the question as to whether you would perceive them to be "Christ" (which is translated in English from Greek "Kristos" which means Anointed.

Jesus Christ was once Jesus of Nazareth.. after his crucifixion he gained the title of Christ.

the Second coming is not referred to commonly as the second coming of Jesus Christ.. it is referred to as the second coming of Christ.

the title etc..

This isn't a thread about people claiming to be Christ... in fact.. i think the people who would involuntarily begin to experience superhuman powers to help humanity may very well experience some incredibly emotional hardships in life insofar as being ostracized and called a freak and demon and monster for their abilities.... having people be scared of them.. or having governmental or corporate bodies try to capture them and experiment and profit off of them.

i'm just saying.. if there were people who had super powers.. who saved people from death and crime...
would they be more like Christ than anyone else?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

i'm just saying.. if there were people who had super powers.. who saved people from death and crime...
would they be more like Christ than anyone else?

Yes, from what is shared of the Lamb and his responsibilities with the herd, prevenge. Sorry so unclear. Lots of deceptors lol so answers sometimes are shared as deceptors ask.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

"If there happens to be a man coming on a cloud and he looks like Jesus....I am ALL IN"

This is not a dig, i am genuinely interested in your answer. Please tell me what Jesus looks like? there are many different images that people have made of him, but do we really know if any of them look like him? you see my point? we have an idea that has been drummed into us through religious bs.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
not a chance
i 've been reading ancient texts and i noticed that there is no such thing as 'blind faith"
all the writers had an experience that proved what 'god' they were to obey

i will therefore require proof from this entity ,mass slaughter will show me it is from a negative universe

restoration inclusion and forgiveness will show me it is from a positive universe

the proof is the fruits and the good book says

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

sorry i misread the post. although my statement stays the same even if people HERE acquire a special talent per se. i'd look at it as part of an accelerated evolution or change...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I would believe that I am seeing something (out of the ordinary) and for a while quietly observe the beings....then if at all possible I would talk with them and find out where they are from and what do they want. I really would not assume anything about them...other than they have appeared on earth in an unusual way with unusual powers.

I would have to communicate with these beings...before I would make up my mind about them.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

And why Christian? Why couldn't they be reborn Greek heroes? Or returned members of the Asgardian pantheon? That makes about as much sense, IMO.

totally... thanks for pointing that out.
I'm completely comfortable with seeing these hypothetical superpowered human people being correllated with Perseus, Moses, Buddha, Krishna et al...

I'm just using the "Christ" title because of the popularity factor essentially...
I hear your point crystal clear.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

OR

a wave of the ALREADY EXISTING population.. .a certain small percentage, who have reached a certain point spiritually, and happen to be in bodies that are genetically inclined to make the lead to a higher level of "ability;... people that can heal disease and death with their hands, levitate like Jesus the Christ did as he walked on water, (fly) have indestructible bodies, have no need to eat food, etc... essentially. a race of people newly emerged from the current Homo Sapiens...

plz answer thanks

Okay, keeping in mind that the 144,000 are sealed to preach the Gospel and don't have any special powers, if random people in society suddenly started to manifest extrahuman powers, I'm going to be wary of them. They wouldn't necessarily be considered hostile, but as with any situation where the unknown is encountered, they're going to have their words, manners and actions examined closely.

Second, as has been mentioned before, Christians are specifically told to be on guard against false Christs and false teachers during the last age. Anyone claiming the mantle of Christ is going to be initially met with a wave of skepticism followed by a wave of angry rebukes. When the true Christ returns, it won't leave any doubt as to who He is or by what authority He claims the mantle.

Finally, you seem to have a misconception of the power by which Christ did the miracles which He performed. The source of this power is not human in origin and while some humans, even today, can still perform certain kinds of miracles according to their office, they're limited in the fact that they can only perform what is granted to them by God. Christ, being God in the flesh, was under no such limitations and therefore humans cannot expect to be able to recreate His accomplishments without divine assistance.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by brommas
reply to post by MamaJ

"If there happens to be a man coming on a cloud and he looks like Jesus....I am ALL IN"

This is not a dig, i am genuinely interested in your answer. Please tell me what Jesus looks like? there are many different images that people have made of him, but do we really know if any of them look like him? you see my point? we have an idea that has been drummed into us through religious bs.

I "think" I will just KNOW. I will know by his works more than I would know by what he looks like. When I say "and he Looks like Jesus" I may have worded it different to say and "acts" like Jesus.

According to the Holy Book there are signs to be aware of and knowing the signs intuitively may indeed help as well.

Your BS may be my Truth.....who is to say?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
This thread is like crime in a high rise block of flats - wrong on so many levels !
( yeah i'm a blatant joke thief)

If i start seeing superpowered people flying about first thing i'm doing is ringing the local water suppliers to make sure nothing has been added to the water.

but so...

like if natural disasters start inundating your township... and you're stranded on an automobile rooftop rushing down a swell of torrential cascading rapids... clinging to your dearly beloved(s) and all else is f*ckt... and someone (without a beard) comes hovering down before you and lets you grasp onto them then sweeps you off to safety....

you'll stil share the same viewpoint on the matter?

i mean... in that situation.... who saved you?

a dude who hovers inexplicably or ..... a version of "Christ"/ would that be a name you'd like to title such individuals? or if you're not religious.. would that be a title you'd like to describe to Christians... the type of person that saved your ass the day you almost died?

just wondering...

Captain America ??
Flash was that you ??
or maybe the 'dude who hovers inexplicably' ... nah, not Sean White

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
here's a good point for you all, if i see super people i will assume that they're a product of science. As for the miracles of jesus, well, did he invent a jet plane? maybe came up with innoculations against diseases? ever perform open heart surgery ? well no he didn't. If you want "miracles" then look no further than human invented science - thats where the real miracles come from.

If anything religion has diverted us away from truth, science and the pursuit of knowledge of the real world we really live in.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: added an opinion - feel free to ignore it

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
here's a good point for you all, if i see super people i will assume that they're a product of science. As for the miracles of jesus, well, did he invent a jet plane? maybe came up with innoculations against diseases? ever perform open heart surgery ? well no he didn't. If you want "miracles" then look no further than human invented science - thats where the real miracles come from.

If anything religion has diverted us away from truth, science and the pursuit of knowledge of the real world we really live in.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: added an opinion - feel free to ignore it
Actually, I'd say that the focus of your disdain is misplaced. Did Christ invent an Aircraft? No, He created the aluminum that was involved. Did He create the inoculation against disease? No, He healed them directly. Did He perform open heart surgery? No, He raised the dead, caused the lame to walk and the blind to see. Most importantly, He told us, via Proverbs, to gain knowledge and store up learning. To ask for Wisdom and seek wise counsel.

All of the great inventions of science came about because mankind used his God given talents to question and seek answers. Seeking answers to life's questions is what we're designed to do and it's what God commands us to do. After all, what do you think the Gospel of Jesus Christ is but the answer to the greatest question ever posed to man.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join