It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if people with superpowers appear will you percieve this phenomenon as the second coming of Christ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
keeping in mind the "144,000" from Christianity's book of revelation...

would you perceive the second coming to be one man with a beard coming to save all people who believe the story of Jesus as factual history...

OR

a wave of the ALREADY EXISTING population.. .a certain small percentage, who have reached a certain point spiritually, and happen to be in bodies that are genetically inclined to make the lead to a higher level of "ability;... people that can heal disease and death with their hands, levitate like Jesus the Christ did as he walked on water, (fly) have indestructible bodies, have no need to eat food, etc... essentially. a race of people newly emerged from the current Homo Sapiens...

a new breed that mutates from the rest.... with new abilities and perception of reality...

would you view this as the second coming..

or would you still hold out and wait for one guy with a beard like in the pictures?

plz answer thanks
edit on 9/13/2011 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Who is Chris?! and where did he go?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

please read threads before you respond to the title in the post in order to keep ATS the safe, sane, polite, and docile place it was meant to be.

thank you for your participation in this thread's discussion.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Originally posted by prevenge

or would you still hold out and wait for one guy with a beard like in the pictures?

plz answer thanks

I'll let you know, as soon as it happens.

P.S. Don't hold your breath.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Well do you really want an honest answer? If I answer this question are you going to rip me a new one with your words? Is this some type of "set up" for an argument and people degrading one another for a "belief"?

Honestly..if the shiz goes down..... I will indeed PRAY and I will also not trust anyone. If there happens to be a man coming on a cloud and he looks like Jesus....I am "ALL IN".

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Stan Lee beat ya to it kiddo ... plenty of humans among us with 'supernatural' powers already.
www.history.com...
No need to 'wait' for anything more special than who we are.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The "second coming" should be unmistakable if you are familiar with the nature of Christ or Christ consciousness at all. And the answer to the question would be "no." Superpowers won't cut it. Not all by themselves. They will also need the abundance of love, compassion, forgiveness and mercy of Christ consciousness for me to believe it is He, returned to His people.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This thread is like crime in a high rise block of flats - wrong on so many levels !
( yeah i'm a blatant joke thief)

If i start seeing superpowered people flying about first thing i'm doing is ringing the local water suppliers to make sure nothing has been added to the water.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If a guy with a beard appears on a cloud, I am gonna go with one of the following explanations:

a) It is a holographic insert created by TPTB (most likely in my book)

b) It is a mutant human whose DNA has been altered to include the power of flying / cloud-walking coupled with super-facial hair-growing abilities

c) It is an alien with a quirky sense of humour.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

would you perceive the second coming to be one man with a beard coming to save all people who believe the story of Jesus as factual history...

OR

a wave of the population.. .a certain small percentage, who have reached a certain point spiritually, and happen to be in bodies that are genetically inclined to make the lead to a higher level of "ability;... people that can heal disease and death with their hands, levitate like Jesus the Christ did as he walked on water, (fly) have indestructible bodies, have no need to eat food, etc... essentially. a race of people newly emerged from the current Homo Sapiens...

a new breed that mutates from the rest.... with new abilities and perception of reality...

plz answer thanks

I would perceive these persons to be a sign that Christ' return is imminent in light of the following verses from Matthew:

Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. (Mat 24:23-27)

It is my belief that when Christ returns, it will be "live and in person," Whether he has a beard or not is not an issue.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It would depend on what these powers are. Like if me and said Jesus are walking together...and he straight up stops time around me like people and things and everything is frozen into place..Well then yeah..Id say
JESUS CHRIST!!!!WTF!@

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I would be willing to bet you are some kind of a bot. I don't notice any indications of a real human being. No clues at all from the avatar to the replies there is nothing real and even the replies only make sense in a vague generic sort of way. They could be computer generated words strung together in a somewhat orderly sequence of nouns and verbs with a slight reference to the topic. Otherwise I don't even see where your replies fit with the topics. It is the strangest thing. Are you for real or are you just an animated Mr. Potato Head computer generated program? I promise not to tell anyone if you confess. Can you confess? Do you know when someone is asking a question or are you programmed simply to hit on certain words?
I am just so curious. It is a human trait...you may not recognize it though I am sure it is in your program...

And that school you graduated from...Cluck U...I think you made that up too.
edit on 13-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
This thread is like crime in a high rise block of flats - wrong on so many levels !

If i start seeing superpowered people flying about first thing i'm doing is ringing the local water suppliers to make sure nothing has been added to the water.

but so...

like if natural disasters start inundating your township... and you're stranded on an automobile rooftop rushing down a swell of torrential cascading rapids... clinging to your dearly beloved(s) and all else is f*ckt... and someone (without a beard) comes hovering down before you and lets you grasp onto them then sweeps you off to safety....

you'll stil share the same viewpoint on the matter?

i mean... in that situation.... who saved you?

a dude who hovers inexplicably or ..... a version of "Christ"/ would that be a name you'd like to title such individuals? or if you're not religious.. would that be a title you'd like to describe to Christians... the type of person that saved your ass the day you almost died?

just wondering...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Nope, I'd think like Wilfred Mott from Doctor who: It's them Aliens!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by occrest
It is my belief that when Christ returns, it will be "live and in person," Whether he has a beard or not is not an issue.

could you share with us how exactly you'd be able to identify "him"?

by his deeds maybe?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

but so...

like if natural disasters start inundating your township... and you're stranded on an automobile rooftop rushing down a swell of torrential cascading rapids... clinging to your dearly beloved(s) and all else is f*ckt... and someone (without a beard) comes hovering down before you and lets you grasp onto them then sweeps you off to safety....

you'll stil share the same viewpoint on the matter?

i mean... in that situation.... who saved you?

a dude who hovers inexplicably or ..... a version of "Christ"/ would that be a name you'd like to title such individuals? or if you're not religious.. would that be a title you'd like to describe to Christians... the type of person that saved your ass the day you almost died?

just wondering...

Hi Jesus, how you doing ?
I'll be a believer then.

link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Well do you really want an honest answer? If I answer this question are you going to rip me a new one with your words? Is this some type of "set up" for an argument and people degrading one another for a "belief"?

Honestly..if the shiz goes down..... I will indeed PRAY and I will also not trust anyone. If there happens to be a man coming on a cloud and he looks like Jesus....I am "ALL IN".

no set up...

so if someone just looking like the dude in the paintings comes to you from the clouds you are 100% thinking he's the guy from the bible book?

link   

These mentioned sound like Xmen/women. I think personally when the energy is near ALL will feel the presence in this lil universe as the is said to be king of it (the UNIVERSE) so maybe the Xmen will behave like Angels. If good (wonder how they would do in space or are they only earth air fliers can the be in space w/o resperators ect.). Remember the holds keys to LIFE and DEATH can access HELL where dead of MANY LIE. Interesting thread OP.

edit on 9/13/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

OR

a wave of the population.. .a certain small percentage, who have reached a certain point spiritually, and happen to be in bodies that are genetically inclined to make the lead to a higher level of "ability;... people that can heal disease and death with their hands, levitate like Jesus the Christ did as he walked on water, (fly) have indestructible bodies, have no need to eat food, etc... essentially. a race of people newly emerged from the current Homo Sapiens...

plz answer thanks

i wouldn't as i don't buy the christ story at all let alone the book of revelations.... a human product, fiction.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

I would be willing to bet you are some kind of a bot. I don't notice any indications of a real human being. No clues at all from the avatar to the replies there is nothing real and even the replies only make sense in a vague generic sort of way. They could be computer generated words strung together in a somewhat orderly sequence of nouns and verbs with a slight reference to the topic. Otherwise I don't even see where your replies fit with the topics. It is the strangest thing. Are you for real or are you just an animated Mr. Potato Head computer generated program? I promise not to tell anyone if you confess. Can you confess? Do you know when someone is asking a question or are you programmed simply to hit on certain words?
I am just so curious. It is a human trait...you may not recognize it though I am sure it is in your program...

And that school you graduated from...Cluck U...I think you made that up too.
edit on 13-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

mods could you plz clean up this thread and remove all posts pertaining to the 2nd poster? thnx.

...including this one ..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join