It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Afghanistan Embassy Attacked: Taliban Claims Responsibility....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

U.S. Afghanistan Embassy Attacked: Taliban Claims Responsibility For Assault On Kabul

Taliban insurgents launched a coordinated attack Tuesday on the U.S. Embassy and NATO headquarters in the heart of the Afghan capital on Tuesday, firing rocket-propelled grenades and assault rifles. An embassy spokeswoman said no staff were reported wounded, but officials said at least one Afghan police officer and two insurgents had been killed as gunfire and explosions resounded across the city well into the afternoon.

Source...
Second Link...

Had not seen this posted yet..(I don't post often so, sorry if its in the wrong forum. Feel free to move if it is.)

There are no reported casualties in embassy staff yet, though I'm fairly concerned as my father in law is working there as a civilian and have not been able to get a hold of him yet. At least four Afghans have been wounded, a rocket landed near a minivan of school children and on a house owned by Tolo TV.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Me and you made our threads re. this at the -same- time.

What did this government expect, after rushing headlong into the MidEast and destabilizing it EVERYWHERE they set foot (or bombs) (or predator drones)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mitskye

Mitskye, I hope you hear from him soon. I will be keeping an eye on this situation.

JT
edit on 13-9-2011 by Greenblaz because: idiot

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mitskye

well seems about fair
1 american building for several thousand of theirs

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by Mitskye

well seems about fair
1 american building for several thousand of theirs

I can't tell whether or not you are speaking in the past tense or future tense.

edit on 9/13/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

im talking in whatever tense you want

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mitskye

U.S. Afghanistan Embassy Attacked: Taliban Claims Responsibility For Assault On Kabul

Taliban insurgents launched a coordinated attack Tuesday on the U.S. Embassy and NATO headquarters in the heart of the Afghan capital on Tuesday, firing rocket-propelled grenades and assault rifles. An embassy spokeswoman said no staff were reported wounded, but officials said at least one Afghan police officer and two insurgents had been killed as gunfire and explosions resounded across the city well into the afternoon.

Source...
Second Link...

Had not seen this posted yet..(I don't post often so, sorry if its in the wrong forum. Feel free to move if it is.)

There are no reported casualties in embassy staff yet, though I'm fairly concerned as my father in law is working there as a civilian and have not been able to get a hold of him yet. At least four Afghans have been wounded, a rocket landed near a minivan of school children and on a house owned by Tolo TV.

My gf's dad is over there as well, my thoughts go out to your father in law also. Things have been heating up pretty bad. We have not heard from him yet and are also concerned. He missed that bombing of the hotel in Kabul by two hours in June, so ya, we are at the edge of our seats. Best of luck and hope to you.
-Gunshooter

join