It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope accused of crimes against humanity by victims of sex abuse

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Pope accused of crimes against humanity by victims of sex abuse

www.guardian.co.uk

Victims of sexual abuse by Catholic priests have accused the pope, the Vatican secretary of state and two other high-ranking Holy See officials of crimes against humanity, in a formal complaint to the international criminal court (ICC).

The submission, lodged at The Hague on Tuesday, accuses the four men not only of failing to prevent or punish perpetrators of rape and sexual violence but also of engaging in the "systematic and widespread" practice of concealing sexual crimes around the world.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The world we live in is changing so dramatically.

I am not celebrating. I am just glad that this activiity is finally being treated as it should have been.

Its amazing to think that the Pope is in this sitaution. The leader of one of the biggest religions in the world.

"Amnesty International's latest annual human rights report, which cited the Holy See for the first time, concluded there was widespread evidence of child sexual abuse by members of the clergy over past decades, and an "enduring failure" of the Catholic church to seek redress."

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

about time
anyone who sticks up for pedophiles, covers up their crimes or pays off their victims is
JUST AS BAD AS THE PEDOPHILE!
its time to end the ignorance of religion..for too long it has ruled over us for no other reason than they said so..
the fact that older generations were forced to believe and fear in it should tell us that these people are obviously sick power and money hungry freaks
deny ignorance people

edit on 13-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Ok, so they were cited by this report.

Hogwash. The day these people are taken out of the vatican in handcuffs, then we can celebrate. Absolutely nothing will come of this!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
May be the thing comes from the Saint Peter's times, and before! And what about the other confessional schools? What about the laic schools? This is a world wide problem, really.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Ok, so they were cited by this report.

Hogwash. The day these people are taken out of the vatican in handcuffs, then we can celebrate. Absolutely nothing will come of this!

Its not about celebrating. Its about righting a wrong.

The very fact that headlines now tell us the current pope is accused of crimes against humanity , its bloody massive. I can hear the foundations of the catholic church crumbling.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
We should prosecute all religious people for their crimes against humanity, hey you may not be a high up priest, but if you support a religion, i'm going to charge you for aiding and abetting, crimes against humanity.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Woohoo. The church is finally crumbling. The bible even mentions this, and I'm not religious.

Man, I am so happy to read that on a mainstream website.

Now they just need to show they are part of the Illuminati, not the Bavarian one, and how sodomy of Children is how they create mind slaves!!!

edit on 13-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Believe me, I do hope these scumbags are brought to justice but unfortunately, nothing will happen.

The pope is still a "saint" in the eyes of millions of Catholics and is also endorsed by TPTB so it's literally impossible to convict this guy. Even if he is, then nothing will change. There are still deep fundamental flaws in Catholic Christianity. They oppressed science for hundreds of years and will do so again if given a chance - that's the reality here even if they have "more friendly" public image.
Heck the Vatican library even has hundreds of "lost" books they keep hidden from the public because it would obviously destroy their religion if people ever read them.

Religion is big business afterall as it both controls the people like sheep and makes money out of them.
Not to forget the puppet Hague Judges will probably put their religion ahead first if this trial ever goes through...
edit on 13-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
Woohoo. The church is finally crumbling. The bible even mentions this, and I'm not religious.

That doesn't mean we should discard the fact that the devil is real, never forget that!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I disagree. I think this is going to create a great disharmony. He may get replaced but the church will never be the same if this gets big.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by User8911

You know, I can't be so sure.

If by the Devil you mean the serpent in the Adam and Eve story, no. He isn't the 'Devil'.

But yes, Evil exists.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Don't curse the religious people. Do you think that when Jesus said "Let the children come to me" there was a perverted subtext???? OMG... Please, this is a world wide problem in EVERY human area and from long time ago. Of course, there are environments where this calamity is able to grow up better than in other ones, unfortunately. Of course, the religious realm must have a much more healthy view of sex, and avoid that peculiar hell born out from frustration, repression, punishment, damnation and psychopatic stuff...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Victims of church related sex scandals have been coming forward "formally," for decades. What makes you think this will be any different?

Of course we all know what is right and wrong in these issues.

Like I said before, the day these people are taken out of the vatican in handcuffs, then we can celebrate. Until then it will be business as usual.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Its been reported around the world that the Pope is being accused of crimes against humanity.

The formal filing of nearly 80 pages by two American advocacy groups, the Center for Constitutional Rights and the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, marks the most substantive effort yet to hold the pope and the Vatican accountable in an international court for sexual abuse by priests.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
And this is why I continue to wake up in the mornings. This story has made my day , in every possible field. I have friends who have been affected by these things in the past, and I have a deep seated loathing for the Roman methodology , precisely because of its construction , and the way its structure allows, if not amplifies the harm caused to innocent persons, by men of the cloth.

The fact of the matter is this:
The Pope , his underlings and functionaries, they all know precisely who has done what, and they have systematicaly ignored it, or prevented the guilty parties from ever seeing the inside of a jail cell. The Roman church gives not a single fig, about extradition treaties, simply burying priests who are seeing a lot of heat, in a new location, with a new , fresh flock.

It is this loathsome lack of respect for law and justice, this absolute defoulment of the church , and the population of the priesthood by utterly depraved individuals that make the entire Roman philosophy one of the most Anti Christian creations that has ever existed.

Its bad enough that the Pope was a miniature Nazi, and its bad enough that the Roman Catholic Church spends sickening amounts on buildings, on finery , and luxury, instead of using ALL its money to feed the poor, clothe the needy , and look after the afflicted. But to deliberately cover up, and increase the sexually criminal behaviour of its members is a horrific addition to that already awful list.

The perpetrators of these crimes, and those who have allowed the guilty succor, those who have assisted in the re placement of these sickos in new , unsuspecting communities, these people need to be dragged into the light, named, caught , prosecuted and if I have anything to do with it, mutilated slowly on live television, just so that everyone who has been affected by thier behavior knows that mankind does not support thier actions, and so that they know that punishment has been delivered.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
We should prosecute all religious people for their crimes against humanity, hey you may not be a high up priest, but if you support a religion, i'm going to charge you for aiding and abetting, crimes against humanity.

all suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of my foot up your religious behind
but seriously, we need to end religion soon

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

What makes you think this will be any different?

well this hasn't happend before.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I read about this several months ago when I was doing some research on the british royal family and their ties to the U.N. sex slavery ring that has been going on since the founding of the U.N. This ICC will have about the same fortune as exopolitics.blogs.com... s.html this guy Kevin Annett did when he tried to put together a tribunal to try the Pope and Queen Elizabeth for genocide. This ICC court has no military or any other way to force either of these people to stand to their charges. Much the same way as when our presidents # up and go willfully kill thousands and millions based on lies. The only way to make these people pay is to unite as one. ALL OF US. Will that happen? that has yet to be seen.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Excuse me? What makes this any different than any other time a case has been brought against a member of the clergy?

Is the ICC going to storm the Vatican and haul the Holy See into international court?

It's just more poor publicity against the Catholic Church, nothing more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join