It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgie Boy - Is Osborne's Story going to wake people up in UK?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Our one party system has been in bed with the press for many years now so why the suprise?

Murdock will make all politicians pay for rocking the boat and when he has made his point the politicians of all the parties (parties is a loose description) will bend a knee and we will pay. He knows they may wear different coloured ties in public. In private they all belong to the same club.

I dont see apathy in this country, I see no choice and no voice for many people in the UK. We have the most restictive labour laws in Europe yet are told we must sacrifice our outdated work practices, why?

Since the demise of the unions the money in this country has moved upwards away from the majority poor and into the pockets of the minority rich.

So yes they fiddle expenses and get away with it. Do time in prison for lying and then go straight into the house of lords. Balls up the banking system to the point of collapse. Take drugs, gifts of holidays. The list of their excesses is endless.

We are here though, we can pay. We are paying high prices for petrol, well someone has to pay for the gulf spill and it wont be BP. We can bail out the bankers with our pensions and by working longer and why.

See above. We have no political choice and so no voice and the same filth that runs us has the cheek to advise other countries on how to set up a democracy

I dont agree with the recent riots. I do however understand why those with no future act like people with nothing to loose.

Do you think those in power and that includes those that run the media are going to commit political and financial suicide? Nope this is just a bit of public wrist slapping to re -establish the status quo.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

What are the choices? Labour? Not with Jack "Bang em up" Straw on the bench. The Liberal Democrats? Nick has gone to bed with the devil and resigned the Lib Dems with another 20 years in the shadows (Nice job Nickhead). The Greens? I'm a huge fan of Caroline Lucas but let's admit it, their policies are naive at best. BNP? Why, just WHY?

We don't need a "third way." We need a NEW WAY. An end to career politicians. I want my politicians to represent ME and every other person in the UK regardless of their financial status. I want to vote for a guy or gal that has had real experience of living in my country. I want a justice minister that has seen the inside of a prison, an economics minister that has slogged his guts out to keep a company afloat and a Prime Minister worthy of respect because of his deeds. Am I asking too much? NO.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

I wouldn't disagree with your sentiments.

Unfortunately many of these politicians have very little work experience before deciding to jump into politics and start telling the workers how to live our lives and how much they want from us to keep themselves and their pals in the lifestyles they have become accustomed to. Have you noticed how they are meant to be civil servants, yet work in the most oppulent of surrondings?

There are a hell of a lot of Tories with offshore accounts in order to avoid paying taxes. The same taxes that pay their wages and keep the services alive for the Vulnerable. I appreciate that there are also a lot of people who choose a life on Benefits, but there is a drastic overhaul in progress and I think these people are about to receive a BIG wake up call!!

Next stop the Bankers? Probably not.

I wonder where they are going to find the required Millions to wage war on Syria or Iran? Oh yeah, as we were told when we decided to bomb the crap out of Libya, we have a contingency fund for that.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

That is the problem. There is no choice. Our politicians have decided the middle ground wins votes and so they are all camped in the middle.

Our system is based on a party in power and an effective opposition. What we have now is not that and has not been since Thatcher destroyed democracy in this country, probably before.

I dont have the answer. I am sure you dont either. I made my choice to become active within a union. I am campaigning to get free membership for the unemployed railworkers so that they have a voice. I am trying to establish re linking with the classroom so that we inform the young what and what is not the role of a union.

Those in power want us to be without a voice. They have worked hard to take it away from us by pandering to our fears and petty hatreds always directing our anger at other powerless groups and always away from them.

So is the answer for those without a voice to organise themselves and gain what the powerful do not wish us to have. To put aside hatred and blame of those pointed out as targets by TPTB but instead work with each other. I dont know.

I do know that balance is important and the scales have been tipped too long to the rich side so we need to gain weight and bring the balance back to level, even tip it our way for a time to reddress many of the things we have lost.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

In complete agreement with everything you've written Johnny, not just this post i'm replying to, but pretty much all of them.

The drugs issue is bunk, always has been and probably always will be.

Blair - "Our new policy: Youths caught drunk and disorderly, will be marched by the police to the nearest cashpoint and fined £100 on the spot" a few days later that policy went away, after Blair's teenage son was picked up pissed on the street causing trouble...surprising that.

Cameron - caught with Cannabis at Eton but wasn't expelled, just given 'Lines'..here's one of them i suspect "smoked a few joints at Eton...didn't like it much" but admits he took illegal drugs all the same, and presumably, according to government must have supported organised crime, and is now a heavy drug addict, as according to the Gov Cannabis 'is a gateway drug to hard drugs' nevertheless Cameron becomes Prime Minister of GB.

Osborne we know about his penchant for coke and illegal prostitution thanks to this thread.

Prince Harry - Caught multiple times with Cannabis, pissed etc. etc. not even a police caution. There are young men and women, in prison RIGHT NOW who have had their lives ruined by the state's hypocrisy, the soft drugs on the other hand, and rather ironically didn't harm them at all.

The list goes on and on i suppose. Same in the USA too...we have Clintons 'I didn't inhale quip' and Obama admits he 'tried pot'.

It's the pot calling the kettle black, that's what it is.

It's little wonder these Sky 'news' (and i used the word news lightly) muppets are laughing, look who owns most of Sky...and who until recently also owned thenewsoftheworld too..it just surprises me, how many are taken in by this BS brainwashing.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

The bankers have already been given by this current government, their golden goose, with those offshore getting off the corporation tax the amount already paid elsewhere, they pay only the difference, and most like the new system is wide open to abuse, this Cameron did very quietly, and at the same time stood in parliament saying that "I would love to reduce taxes", when talking about PAYE, "but we can't afford it" It took a while but some papers, like The Guardian caught on to the fiddle, so it is not a surprise really that Cameron is now going to raise the PAYE threshold. The banks got off the hook from the last government, Now Cameron is giving them a handshake to boot, He and Osbourne are bilderberg cosies, so no surprise there either!
As for the war millions, there won't be any, it'll all be spent on mantaining those ridiculous numbers of high maintenance Chinooks they have bought, that's just crazy, when they can't afford spare parts for the high-tech fighter jets.
edit on 13-9-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I know its off topic, but does the UK have any newspapers that are not Gossip Rags? Are all your newspapers like those?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

No. We do have 'The New Shopper'

www.newsshopper.co.uk...

Well there is some gossip but it is kept to a minimum by all the adverts. It is free though I believe.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

We have our share also I guess. The Newspapers all seem to be going that way worldwide. I miss the old Papers that had actual news coverage instead of gossip and celebrity crap. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Whilst i am fed up of politicians of ALL parties in all fairness i think we need to see

where these current policies take us!

Remember Tony Blair who while in office prepared himself with contacts and contracts

for when he was no longer in office lining his pockets along the way and lining up 'jobs'

for himself on the international 'stage' From a 'man of the people' as he liked to portray

himself into a multi property owning millionaire.

Remember Peter Mandleson from humble Hartlepool in the north east who now has a multi

million property port folio. (was just reading about it the other day )

Remember John Prescott who said he would never go into the house of Lords! well who's now

Lord Prescott??
Remember his 'shenanagins' with his secretary in his 'grace and favour

home'

Remember Ed Balls with his power struggle and back stage antic's in the treasury ?

And who can forget the man who took us to the edge of bankruptcy, who raided pensions,

sold off the countrys gold reserves when they were at the lowest price, who made taxes and

benifits SO complicated that they could not be understood (taking from Peter to pay Paul)

take a bow
Mr Brown

In the very words of one labour party member Liam Byrnes the chief secretary to the treasury

"THERES NO MONEY THE CUPBOARDS BARE"

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

The current policies are nothing new and it is pretty obvious where they will and are taking us.

I liked your list but you can waste time making a simular list for every party that ever held power throughout our history.

The politicians will never change. Sitting back and seeing where we go/ are taken is why. If they wont change then we have too.

Cause and effect

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I remember everything you have stated in your post, some despicable acts.

But do you remember when Thatcher privatised all the National Industries which lined the pockets of her cronies?

Conning the people into buying shares, turning the energy industry into the beast it is today?

Can you remember when Thatcher raided the Social Fund in the 1980's? Robbing Peter to pay Paul?

They are all a bunch of shysters. We need reform, major reform. We need to take our country back.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You could take a list like that back to god knows where, and apply it across the board, so what's your point Eletheia? Politics as enacted by our politicians, is the main cry here, and so you want to be 'fair' by alluding to a labour party's individuals.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

There is a new factor now though.

When this gov has had its time there will be Liberal names on the list of shame as well as Tory which has not happened for a long time. Well since the Lib/Lab pact anyhow.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Maybe i didn't make it clear enough in my post. Reading through the thread it seems that

everyone was havein a go at the present government. In point of fact i was saying exactly

what you have said by pointing out they are ALL the same, selfish, greedy, and self centred.

Power Corrupts

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Tv coverage of this has been minimal. I am surprised none of the UK chanels had the neck to show some of the Austrailian interview. I guess they are all going for the 'ignoring it , it will go away' method.

As he hasn't made a statement on this I think he is fair game and he will be quizzed on it at some stage.

George Osborne: Ex-prostitute issues 'sue me' challenge over coke claims
www.mirror.co.uk...

Experts back Liberal Democrat calls for drugs decriminalisation
Drugs Policy Commission says proposal to scrap criminal penalties for personal possession would not increase use
www.guardian.co.uk...

Isn't it convenient that this story was run yesterday about his partners in government.

Anyway, lets forget about nice George and lets look at this new story about a really vile man:
www.thesun.co.uk...

so funny

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I have absolutely no respect at all for this current administration and I think it's obvious that they wish to drag this country back to some sort of Victorianesque society with all the injustices and inequalities that go with it.

But I'd also like to say that I have absolutely no respect at all for the previous administration who were very much cut from the same cloth.

One thing, Peter Mandelson is not from Hartlepool, he was born in London.
He was selected to be the Labour candidate for the 'safe seat' in 1990 and when elected to parliament in 1992 was supposed to represent his Hartlepool constituents.
Until then I very much doubt he had heard of Hartlepool and it's chimp choking antics.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

And that is typical of our media....ridicule an opponent for doing something whilst ignoring or playing down the fact that an MP of the current administration has been exposed as doing the exact same thing.

Blatant hypocrisy, double standards and a failure to report the facts in an even and unbiased manner.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

But I'd also like to say that I have absolutely no respect at all for the previous administration who were very much cut from the same cloth.

How close are the governments with the media. Stories like this leave me speechless. www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by Freeborn

How close are the governments with the media. Stories like this leave me speechless. www.dailymail.co.uk...

Yeah I saw this, just another story that reflects the nature of current British Politics and it's insestual relationship with the Murdoch empire. You have to wonder who has been really running things in this country for the last 30 years. The damage Murdoch has done to the fabric of British society is worse than any terrorism in my opinion. He has had his agenda pushed for decades now by one government after the other.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join