It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey modifying their F-16s and submarines so they can hit Israeli targets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Things are getting scary.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Rumblings of war: Greece and Israel sign pact amid worries about Turkey

With Turkey threatening naval action against Israel, the Jewish state and Greece have invoked a mutual defense pact they signed without publicity only 12 days ago.

“Greek Defense Minister Panos Beglitis, making the first official visit by a Greek defense minister to Israel, and his Israeli counterpart, Ehud Barak, signed a cooperation memorandum on security in Jerusalem on Sunday during the first day of Beglitis’ three-day trip,” reports the Jewish Telegraphic Agency news service.

“I come as my country’s defense minister to state our political will as a government, as well as the majority of the country’s political forces, for the two countries, the two governments, the two peoples, to work together so that we can further develop and deepen our bilateral relations in all sectors of mutual interest and concern,” Beglitis said.

The pact comes as Greece’s longtime rival, Turkey, has made threatening moves toward both countries. Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has threatened to send Turkish warships to protect protesters in a flotilla vowing to break Israel’s blockade of the Gaza Strip. Meanwhile Greece has expressed nervousness over Turkish surveillance flights over the Greek island of Kastelorizo.

Uh-oh?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well this is intersting

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.
from Matthew 24:6

see that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end.

thats pretty creepy if you ask me.

And personally this is cant be good news.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Source

The word of the LORD came to me: 2 “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshek and Tubal; prophesy against him 3 and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal. 4 I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. 5 Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, 6 also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.

Meschech, Tubal, Gomer, and Beth Togarmah were located in Anatolia (Turkey). Cush is either Sudan or Ethiopia and Put is Libya. Persia is of course Iran.

This would basically mean: Turkey, Iran, Libya, and Sudan. I suspect that Sudan could be replaced with maybe Egypt?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

# 11:06
Turkey threatens to freeze ties with EU if Cyprus gets EU presidency (Haaretz)

Well... Turkey is gonna freeze ties because there's no way the EU doesn't give them the presidency at some point... which will be the second half of 2012.

Marcoullis: we will not back down

CYPRUS WILL not back down over its right to explore for oil and gas in its Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ), Foreign Minister Erato Kozakou-Marcoullis told Turkish daily Milliyet yesterday.

In an interview with the Turkish paper, Marcoullis was quoted saying: “I don’t think Turkey will send warships to the area of explorations to try to take a step that would be contrary to the UN Charter and jeopardise its objective of EU accession.”

She added that she did not think Turkey would target American interests, given that the company doing the drilling is Houston-based Noble Energy.

+1
edit on 18-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Does anyone know what the primary method of weaponry for these two countries would be should it come to war? Just wondering if I should start buying up some Raytheon or another company?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

does turkey have some kind of EMP's? i know their military is pretty advanced as they have been building weapons and weapons systems for the U.S.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

yes they do. the biggest in nato, only under the U.S. have always done, since their inception, alot of nato's muscle with U.S.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by letscit

does turkey have some kind of EMP's? i know their military is pretty advanced as they have been building weapons and weapons systems for the U.S.

Well EMP... the only way to create a big EMP strong enough to fry military electronics is a special EMP-nuke... and Turkey doesn't have control of nukes... as far as we know.

So no.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

are turkey and egypt freindly? could these two align togethor as it seems israel and greece seem to be doing to turkey. also there is another thread on this subject pointing to all this possibly having alot to do with natural resources. that makes this all seem more credible and even more dangerous situation. imo.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by letscit

are turkey and egypt freindly? could these two align togethor as it seems israel and greece seem to be doing to turkey. also there is another thread on this subject pointing to all this possibly having alot to do with natural resources. that makes this all seem more credible and even more dangerous situation. imo.

They already are... but IMO it won't be ``real`` until after the elections in Egypt, which are planned for January 2012. Depending on which party wins, of course.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

You are right, NATO is not controlled purely by the USA, it is controlled by the USA and UK.

If Turkey attacks Israeli forces, then she will be dropped from NATO like a hot potato.

USA, UK and Israel are as one, despite the public show. Between the CIA, British SIS and Israeli Mossad, there is no intelligence network more powerful, capable or influencial in the world.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Noble Energy starts Cyprus drilling in defiance of Turkey

US company Noble Energy Inc. (NYSE: NBL) has started drilling in Cyprus's Block 12 license. At the start of the month, the Turkish government threatened to send the Turkish navy to Cyprus if the latter continued with its plan to drill at the location. However, Noble Energy, a partner of Israeli companyDelek Group Ltd. (TASE: DLEKG), began drilling today, ten days before the end of the period stipulated in the agreement between it and the Cypriot authorities.

Here we go.

We'll see if Turkey is bluffing or not.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

If Turkey attacks Israeli forces, then she will be dropped from NATO like a hot potato.

There is no way Turkey will be kicked out of NATO ,not unless they remove them selfs ,Turkey is strategically to important to NATO ,they have a lot of Military assets in Turkey like the AMD radar ,the whole controversial reason Turkey got into NATO in the first place was so NATO could keep Russia in check.

British SIS and Israeli Mossad, there is no intelligence network more powerful, capable or influencial in the world.

I totally agree with this statement.

My opinion is if Turkey was kicked out of NATO over this Israel skirmish it will rip NATO apart ,and Russia would be rubbing there hands.

The biggest threat to NATO is Russia ,NOT Iran ,and i believe NATO will not allow them selfs to be teared apart internally over the defense of Israel ,and Turkey knows this ,and that is why Turkey is pushing her chest out at Israel.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

It makes you think who was actually behind the MV Mavi Mamara and the Freedom Flotilla movement.

I remember that the Russians were only too happy to encourage Egypt to rise against Israel in the years preceding the Six Day War. All while, the rest of the world's eyes were focused on the Vietnam war.

The CIA and MI6 are not the only intelligence services in the business of toppling countries.

Maybe Erdogan has unofficial Russian backing and support concerning this issue?

We may never know.

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's all scare mongering at the moment .

What really scary is that an accidental shot would be able to trigger a bigger conflict very easy.

Current Israeli coalition is really acting childishly .

I am sure there are a lot of Israelis who have become really fed up with their government's silly behaviour.

Election time in Israel soon .

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

The CIA and MI6 are not the only intelligence services in the business of toppling countries.

Well we all know the term " those sneeky russians "

I don't believe the cold war ever ended ,even to this day ,America and Russia still goad each other military(more so American navy) ,Like the Syrian uprising its a blatant American instigation ,its all about being the dominant force in the Med ,and America has been fuming ever since Russia built that massive navy base in Syria ,which i could go into massive detail about ,but its getting off topic.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join