It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this further proof of Elenin / Nibiru's effect on the earth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I found this site interesting.. Maybe it's not just the sun that's effecting us...

Quote -

'Scientists have now accepted that the intersection of 2 problems - the deterioration of Earth's Magnetosphere during the Sun's Polar shift in 2012 (as recently discussed) will be the real concern as we approach 2012 :

Now here's the reason why: Scientists have found two large leaks in Earth's magnetosphere, the region around our planet that shields us from severe solar storms. Now in 2012 the suns poles will reverse (not the earths as wrongly said on many 2012 sites - see below!) , during this time a massive solar storm will reck havoc on earth - usually this is no problem - but now due to the 'cracks' in it, Earth's protective Magnetosphere may fail us, so the violent solar and electromagnetic radiation will make it through and cause many problems to life as we know it (eg: disabling communication satellites, mobile phones, effective sleep patterns, & radiation poisoning of humans) Also as earth has to absorb extra radiation & energy this will cause possible changes within the earth's core - with energy being re-dissipated from the earth with new volcanoes formed and crust movement'.

newresearchfindingstwo.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

To you're original question, do you think Elenin is something other than a comet? And do you think Nibiru exists?

I read the article, interesting stuff. It's going to be an interesting few years that's for sure.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Thundersmurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

If i understand correctly, theres only two weaker locations in our magnetic field. What you say does hold some truth, But then again theres only one area of the Sun which directly aims at us.

So, i believe it will be cme's that will rage destruction on earth, But not sure it will be because of elenin.

Very interesting that Scientists have said there will be massive Sun eruptions in 2012. Not sure if we'll be hit, or if we do it will end the world.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

The sun's pole shifts about every 11 years.

Bit hard to take anything else said serious when this basic fact doesn't seem to be known.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I picked up on the part of effecting humans. Well this would effect all life and perhaps it already is looking at the mass kills all over the earth. In one of my posts, I told of dreams of the earth minus most people and was asked where did they go which of course I had no answer. But I have wondered when and if this event won't effect many in a negative way, for are we not part of the animal kingdom?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

Check out Michio Kaku's take on this:

He raises many interesting points. We should pay close attention to these warnings.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by ckitch

Bit hard to take anything else said serious when this basic fact doesn't seem to be known.

the sun breathes once every 11 years. at least according to ancient eastern philosophy. maybe those black spots are excessive carbon dioxide.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

reply to post by ckitch

If we invested in adequate shielding technology on our electrical grid, it wouldn't be a problem.

A repeat of the 1859 event would be devastating. Kaku claims that in 1859 you could read the newspaper in Cuba at night because the Aurora went down that far south. Imagine that.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thank you for the links, I'll give em a watch at home, I'm on my phone at work.

I regard Michio Kaku highly, he's not afraid to jump out of the 'box'. Many of his videos are very interesting.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Do you realise this data is from 2008?

Sun Often "Tears Out A Wall" In Earth's Solar Storm Shield 12.16.08

The operative word in the above being "often"

Full explanation from nasa
Source

So this was expected as part of the Sun-Earth cycle and has nothing to do with comets or extra planets in our solar system, real or not.

cheers

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

Having read reams of information and watched endless video clips, I am putting together the jigsaw puzzle in my mind, and have to say that I do feel something in space is affecting us here on earth... There are so many pieces to this jigsaw, that one piece alone doesn't necessarily make sense, but when you click into place a number of pieces, then the picture becomes clearer.

I'm no fool, or doom sayer. I'm a logical thinker and seek evidence to start to question things I see or hear.

Like when thinking about our existence and where we come from - Clearly we are not from this earth, unlike our fellow inhabitants. We are alien and from somewhere else - of that I am 100% sure, yet can't prove it. It just makes sense and I've seen/read enough to back that belief up.

So, yes, I believe Elenin exists and is heading this way. I am unsure about whether Elenin is really Nibiru, or Nibiru is behind Elenin. It seems ever more likely that Elenin is either not a comet, or if it is, it's being used by the powers that be to distract us. Nibiru is for real - and I have put together enough pieces in my jigsaw to think it's affecting us now, and will cause much more damage when it passes close buy us and aligns with us and the sun.

Nibiru has to be a Brown Dwarf, and so doesn't give off light, hence NASA increasing the number of infra red telescopes to view it.

They won't tell us it exists, because they don't want mass panic etc.

The proof we all want will be evidenced by it's appearance in our sky, and the subsequent massive earthquakes it will probably cause.... Until then, we can only watch and wait.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

No doubt that an 1859 event would be devastating.

We're better prepared for such an event now than we were...say 5 years ago though.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

Problem is that if there was a brown dwarf sized mass that entered the inner solar system it would create so much havoc upon the inner planetary orbital paths that nothing would be recognizable again.

I would even estimate it would entirely destroy the 4 inner planets, rendering us into a new asteroid belt or even snatching our planets up into it's orbit or us crashing into it. All types of crazy things like this are very likely.

There would be no point to making underground bunkers, because the whole Earth would be devastated.

I do believe there is compelling arguments for a massive mass within our system, but it appears that it is in a stable orbit far far away deep in the Oort Cloud regions (20,000-30,000 yr orbit period around our Sun - estimate). This has not been proven yet but there is plenty of circumstantial evidence to consider it reasonable.

Have you seen the computer models created to show what happens with such a large mass entering the inner system? Our orbit paths are thrown completely off. There is no way to ever fix that, it's permanent.

These are some of the reasons why I question and doubt the 'Nibiru entering the inner solar system" hypothesis.
edit on 13-9-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

No doubt that an 1859 event would be devastating.

We're better prepared for such an event now than we were...say 5 years ago though.

I already have my plan for if it happens.

# 1 ) Light candles.

# 2 ) Fire up the BBQ

# 3 ) Take a walk.

I know we will be fiending for the Internet pretty bad but things have to balance out sometime soon...we are having too much fun with this thing!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PennyQ

The video link (which I've just found via a google search), explains what I am saying....This film was made in 2004. Nibiru will pass close to earth and the suns increased activity will damage the earth via a massive CME, helped by Nibiru - So, whilst the suns activity is increasing, its effect on us will be much worse due to Nibiru.... And I'm saying, is this what's starting to happen now?!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-9-2011 by ckitch because: link error

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

I hope you're wearing a bulletproof vest.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

The sun's activity isn't increasing.

In fact it's doubtful that it will even begin it's "maximum" cycle in 2012, let alone reach it's peak in 2012.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Others would disagree... Here's two such sites:

www.space.com...

www.nasca.org.uk...

edit on 13-9-2011 by ckitch because: missed link

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The sun's pole shifts about every 11 years. Bit hard to take anything else said serious when this basic fact doesn't seem to be known

but that's the basis of all this elenin/nibiru nonsense. Mangling science to fit your theory, ignoring basic facts, using NASA data to show the end of the world is near at the same time saying nothing from NASA can be trusted. It's amazing.

Anyways....... This whole pole reversal thing gets people confused, as someone somewhere watched a nova episode while smoking crack, then made a youtube video and posted it here.

The suns poles reverse almost every decade, I believe the quote above is correct. The Earths magnetic poles (NOT the physical poles) in history have flipped, it has happened and from some of the data found, it can happen pretty fast.

Usually this isn't a problem for little old earth BUT we're due for a pole reversal. It could be tomorrow, it could be millions of years from now, but we haven't had one in recorded history and from the data they say we are due anytime.

If this pole reversal, of the earths magentic poles, happens fast, at a time when the solar activity is high, there is a chance that, while reversing, the magnetic field completely collapses. This leaves us open to all sorts of space nasties specifically solar radiation. If, while the field is down or in a weakened state, we get hit with a large solar flare, we could see the entire electrical grid go down. Transformers would fry, substations would go down. It takes months to rebuild a transformer, and they are really expensive so don't fool yourself thinking there is a warehouse of these sitting around, there isn't. If too many go at once, you could be "off the grid" for weeks or more.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

Nibiru will pass close to earth and the suns increased activity will damage the earth via a massive CME, helped by Nibiru

Care to explain to us laymen how any another planet could affect the sun giving off solar flares? See, from what I've read I can't see that happening:

Flares occur when accelerated charged particles, mainly electrons, interact with the plasma medium. Scientific research has shown that the phenomenon of magnetic reconnection is responsible for the acceleration of the charged particles. On the Sun, magnetic reconnection may happen on solar arcades – a series of closely occurring loops of magnetic lines of force. These lines of force quickly reconnect into a low arcade of loops leaving a helix of magnetic field unconnected to the rest of the arcade. The sudden release of energy in this reconnection is in the origin of the particle acceleration. The unconnected magnetic helical field and the material that it contains may violently expand outwards forming a coronal mass ejection.[4] This also explains why solar flares typically erupt from what are known as the active regions on the Sun where magnetic fields are much stronger on an average.

source

So, this phantom planet that doesn't exist is supposed to come close enough to the sun to affect it's magnetic fields, forcing a large massive solar flare?

That's not bad science, that's just made the hell up science.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join