Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Amazing rescue: Bystanders pull motorcycle driver trapped underneath burning car in Utah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Police in Utah are searching for a group of construction workers, students and bystanders.

But for a good reason.

This group is credited with saving a man's life by working together to lift a burning car and pull a man to safety.

The motorcyclist was identified as 21-year-old Brandon Wright from Logan. He was rushed to a hospital and was in stable condition after surgery Monday evening, Curtis said. The driver of the car was not seriously injured.

www.cnn.com...
www.abc4.com...

This is just amazing! Just goes to show how awesome some people are!

This is not the kind of thing we see everyday. And look, only 1 rescue person there! It'd probably have been too late by the time any more showed up... Nice to see all the citizens coming together for the common good, even risking their own injury.

Well done to these heroes.
edit on 9/13/2011 by BeyondPerception because: if this has been posted already, sorry. i searched multiple keywords and nothing showed up.
edit on 9/13/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Bless those HERO'S !!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
That video made my day. Some glimmer of hope with all the doom and gloom around here.
2nd

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Thank God that there are still some good people left in the world today.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I don't like this ↓ comment.
The first statement, in the youtube uploader's description:

Bystanders stopped to help police lift a burning car that hit and dragged a motorcyclist in Logan, Utah.

There is only 1 cop shown in this short clip.
You don't see him, until halfway through the vid.
He is doing nothing.

Real people = Good job.

Cop = deserves no credit for the part of this rescue that is visible in this short clip.
Looked like a chicken with his head chopped off.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

This was totally backwards...

The woman took charge of the situation. The cop sat on the sideline.

Go figure.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
I don't like this ↓ comment.
The first statement, in the youtube uploader's description:

Bystanders stopped to help police lift a burning car that hit and dragged a motorcyclist in Logan, Utah.

There is only 1 cop shown in this short clip.
You don't see him, until halfway through the vid.
He is doing nothing.

Real people = Good job.

Cop = deserves no credit for the part of this rescue that is visible in this short clip.
Looked like a chicken with his head chopped off.

Eh.....can't we have one happy story without someone finding something wrong or conspiratorial about it?!?!
Yeah, so it wasn't "police" it was one cop....but he did in fact help lift the car, once he saw what was going on. Come on....is that really a big enough discrepancy to even point out? This is a good and happy story.....just roll with it. Not everything has some glaring problem or ulterior motive behind it.......

PS if anything it was the guy in the suit and tie that looked like a chicken with his head cut off...He didn't do anything but wander around and watch. Not that I'm suggesting he did anything wrong...In situations like that sometimes you get overwhelmed and you don't react as fast as others.....just pointing out that if you wanted to pick on anyone in the video you should pick on him. He's a much more obvious target than a cop who did indeed help move the car...even if he was a step behind the rest of the crowd.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Eh.....can't we have one happy story without someone finding something wrong or conspiratorial about it?!?!
I made no mention of any conspiracy. Nor did I say that there was anything wrong with this story.

he did in fact help lift the car, once he saw what was going on.
Didn't look that way to me. Back too far. His arms aren't that long.

is that really a big enough discrepancy to even point out?
Which one us, you or me, is turning it into something bigger by debating my opinion?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Looked to me like the guy in the green shirt and yellow gloves was the first to gesture about pushing it off.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75...

Moral of the story is that when a rescue team isn't there to have your back, at least you know the citizens will have your back. It's refreshing to see, because all too often we only get to see examples of how divided we are, when that is really far from the truth.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
That's what I like to see.

People going above and beyond to help each other. I'm glad he survived.

Those people also risked their lives too. Good karma to them.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Now that's what the People of the United States stand for helping out their own. Good example of coming together to save a life.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
That's what I like to see.

People going above and beyond to help each other. I'm glad he survived.

Those people also risked their lives too. Good karma to them.

And not to mention that such good actions have a multiplying affect on the others. Something we will need a lot more in the future.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

S&F for you for sharing this beautiful moment of compassion, and +1 Heroism for everyone in the video involved in the effort to save this man. I have more faith for a bright future now.

These videos make me all warm and fuzzy inside.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Update

Found another link with a longer video.. basically it shows the aftermath (I am still watching it)

Link

Scroll down it's a small video element titled 'Related Video'

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Really an awesome story.

Good to see people from all walks of life banding together to help someone in need.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Video embedding has been denied by youtube.

Might wanna correct the embedding.

Either way, amazing. Like to know if the dude survived tho. He looked pretty dead when they'd dragged him out.
edit on 13/9/2011 by BMorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

Men and women are certainly different... and while the cop is turning to his standard tools to call for further assistance so that "pros" could take care of the matter, the selflessness of a woman leads to improvisation and it was the wise choice. Thankfully these good people didn't get hurt and further complicate the situation. However, I fail to see why it is backwards. It actually makes a lot of sense in our litigious society.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

Men and women are certainly different... and while the cop is turning to his standard tools to call for further assistance so that "pros" could take care of the matter, the selflessness of a woman leads to improvisation and it was the wise choice. Thankfully these good people didn't get hurt and further complicate the situation. However, I fail to see why it is backwards. It actually makes a lot of sense in our litigious society.

I made that statement based on the thought that a policemen would be the first to step up to bat, risking his life, and dead lifting a car, while a woman (surrounded by 10+ men) would take on the position of observant.

I'm not trying to get into some crazy debate about it, just thought it was a bit unusual that it played out the opposite way I'd personally expected it to play out.
edit on 9/13/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm old but we were raised to believe that that is what people do, its just civilized. I am sorry that action has become remarkable

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join