It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Missile Navigation System Energizes Iran Leadership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
August 23, 2004

U.S. intelligence has confirmed that a Chinese missile navigation system is responsible for Iran's excitement about a recent missile test.

The Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps last week demonstrated the integration of a system that turns the Shihab-3 intermediate-range ballistic missile from a flying metal tube into a deadly weapon against Israel, Saudi Arabia and the United States.

link to story here, john

www.worldtribune.com...

I have added an additional link to this story 8/25, john

www.navyseals.com...

[edit on 25-8-2004 by SIRR1]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Wow the Iranians got exited over this? They might be able to launch a few missiles over the desert and hope to hit Israel, but if they think about the Us they can forget it. We will jam those things before they even get 100 feet into the air. Then they will fall back into Iran
Iran is dumb if it thinks it can intimidate the United States with this missile.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Errr... Jam them with what exactly?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Errr... Jam them with what exactly?

I think he is talking about GPS. A recent thread has talked about this missile being GPS quided. They Iranians have two choices for guidence. GLOSNAS which only has like 11 working satelites (you need 24 for true global coverage, or GPS which the military can scramble over a given area. Thus, the guidence for thier new missile may work, it may not.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
interesting to see Iranian missile developments. It's obvious that they are pursuing the capability to be able to strike Israel with a nuclear warhead and I wonder what this will mean for the whole middle east?? If Iran go nuclear so will Saudi Arabia and we all know Israel is armed to the teeth with nukes so we'll have three tyrranical regimes with these things!!

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
interesting to see Iranian missile developments. It's obvious that they are pursuing the capability to be able to strike Israel with a nuclear warhead and I wonder what this will mean for the whole middle east?? If Iran go nuclear so will Saudi Arabia and we all know Israel is armed to the teeth with nukes so we'll have three tyrranical regimes with these things!!

They are fanatical, but not stupid. I think they see the way the US has backed off of North Korea, and may see having nuclear weapons as a way to prevent a US invasion. They have to know that if they launch a missile at Isreal that carries a nuclear payload, that Isreal will massivly retaliate. Isreal may go down, but they will try to take as many people with them

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Iran is still several years from producing a bomb, let alone Saudi Arabia which has no atomic infrastructure.
We already have tyrannical regimes with these things NKorea and to a lesser extent Pakistan and India.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Will Iran in the near future be able to invade Israel? Would they do it on behalf of the Palestinians?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211
Will Iran in the near future be able to invade Israel? Would they do it on behalf of the Palestinians?

NO CHANCE. Israel has the best army in the Middle East and a huge nuclear arsenal ( 200+ weapons including A/H-Bombs and possible neutron warheads ). Also, they are rumoured to have an extensive CBW program, kept more secret than Dimona.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

NO CHANCE. Israel has the best army in the Middle East and a huge nuclear arsenal ( 200+ weapons including A/H-Bombs and possible neutron warheads ). Also, they are rumoured to have an extensive CBW program, kept more secret than Dimona.

what's a CBW program?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
CBW = Chemical/Biological Warfare

Just a quick FYI for you.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

No, if that were to happen the US would come to the aid of Israel. Not to mention that they would have to move a large number of troops accross the desert to get forces close. The IAF would be able to take them out well before they got in range of the boarders.

If Iran goes to war, it will be with scuds and SRBM etc.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
China also need to sell some weapons to gain money.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justicer
China also need to sell some weapons to gain money.

With thier trade imbalance? What do they need money for? Promote human rights? Free Tibet? Buy more shiney medals for thier generals to wear during Mao's birthday parade.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
You're right in saying that the Iranians do see nuclear weapons as a way to prevent US invasion but I also think they see it as a way to be able to stop Israel from doing their infamous illegal strikes into other sovereign nations territories. This is why they would pursue a strike capability at Israel I believe. And once they have nukes Saudi Arabia will want them too.

I believe a Pakistani scientist was leaking atomic secrets to Saudi Arabia and Iran a while ago,

thanks,

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I believe a Pakistani scientist was leaking atomic secrets to Saudi Arabia and Iran a while ago,thanks,

The base science for making an atomic bomb is pretty straight foreward (Its not that easy) but the theory and the mechanics have been well known since the Manhattan Project. As we see with Iran today getting the enriched uranium is the real issue. If you can get the fissile material, you may be able to make one.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
the basic science for making a atomic weapon is easy enough to understand but it is pretty hard for a nation to make a nuclear weapon, just to get it right for the fission reaction to occur.

It really is harder than you think.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

the basic science for making a atomic weapon is easy enough to understand but it is pretty hard for a nation to make a nuclear weapon, just to get it right for the fission reaction to occur.
It really is harder than you think.

No I fully realize how hard it is , but smart people happen everywere and Iran does have smart people (just not running the government)

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
i am glad you understand then

new topics

top topics

join