It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military mystery: How many bases does the US have, anyway?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I went searching for this answer because of something Ron Paul said in the Tea Party debate on CNN.
RP stated that we had 900 bases worldwide, it sounded like alot to me so off to the search engine I went and was even more shocked with what I found! NO ONE KNOWS THE ANSWER!
Makes me want to slap some military bitches!

Why do we need so many military bases??

When it comes to accountability, you’d probably hope that the US military would be rather exacting, right? Sorry. The answer to the seemingly simple question, “How many military bases does America have outside of our own country?” is not at all simple.

In a recent article in Asia Times, investigative reporter Nick Turse calls the answer to that question, “…the one number no American knows. Not the president. Not the Pentagon. Not the experts. No one.”

In the grand scheme of things, the actual numbers aren’t all that important. Whether the most accurate total is 900 bases, 1,000 bases or 1,100 posts in foreign lands, what’s undeniable is that the US military maintains…an empire of bases so large and shadowy that no one – not even at the Pentagon – really knows its full size and scope…An honest count of US bases abroad – a true, full and comprehensive list – would be a tiny first step in the necessary process of downsizing the global mission.

www.occasionalplanet.org...

Read the rest of the article only if you have taken your blood pressure meds, it made my head explode!

The more I learn about Amerika, the more I like Ron Paul !

edit on 13-9-2011 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
i remember the comment. nice follow-up research! the last quote sums it up;

In the grand scheme of things, the actual numbers aren’t all that important. Whether the most accurate total is 900 bases, 1,000 bases or 1,100 posts in foreign lands, what’s undeniable is that the US military maintains…an empire of bases so large and shadowy that no one – not even at the Pentagon – really knows its full size and scope…An honest count of US bases abroad – a true, full and comprehensive list – would be a tiny first step in the necessary process of downsizing the global mission.

seems like this would be a great point for the paul camp to use. if nothing else it looks like rampant waste, although the article makes it sound like the CIA uses many of the bases.

one of the first steps to changing our future has to be the mass closing of a large percentage of these bases. but then again, "they hate our freedom."

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

To police the world, obviously.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

to control the world would be more accurate...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Remember all the stories about the British Empire? Well now it is the American Empire. The British went broke from fighting WWII. We have gone broke from fighting a five front war. But we have the best of the guns and bells and whistles and the bills to go with it. And of course we have the bases.

Sometimes when everyone screams about the UN taking over, I wonder if it will just be a change of patches on uniforms in order to achieve deniability. After all, we have the infrastructure, the UN doesn't. Maybe all this UN talk is just the military's way to get themselves off the chain of legal responsibility.

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

Don't know but what i know is that South Korea did paid the US to stay watch North Korea. AS far as i know, i remember that Italy was a base for NATO forces to launch patrols and airstrikes like in the Bosnian War, Kosovo war, and Libyan war now.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Ive been saying this for years the rest of the world would like us a lot better if we stopped invading other peoples countries. Bring all the troops home not just the ones in the desert its all a big waste of money. I know because im in another country on the gov,s dime it costs them over 100.000 a year just for my family, and there are a ton of soldiers abroad.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

watching on tv, pentagon chanel, about the closing of an air force base, bitsburg, germany.

they said it had cost over 300 million to move personel to another german base, and that it would save taxpayers 9 million a year.

obviously the american taxpayer could go bankrupt just closing down bases at this rate.

in the 1950s the french brought 500,000 troops home.
in the 1990s the soviet closed bases all over their crumbling empire.

since this is knowledge the americans don't have a clue as how to close bases without going broke.
maybe we could borrow consultants from russia to manage getting us out of this imperial nightmare.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Well, you must take a look to USA history from 1945, dude. There was a thing called WWII, and some other thing called Cold War... Take a look to the international USA-foreign whatever treatises from 1945 (really, from before that). Probably 1000 world USA strategical bases & outposts, inside and outside USA territory are nearest to the truth

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Some "official" or "known" stuff:

en.wikipedia.org...

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
There are at least 1400 of these D.U.M.B.S worldwide. 131 in the US. With 2underground bases being built per year in the US at the moment. The average depth of the bases are four and a quarter miles underground ( some shallower and some deeper

These operations include a huge
worldwide UFO cover up
and the building andmaintaining of
deep underground military bases

D.U.M.B.S

Dulce in New Mexico
Brecon Beacons in Wales
Los Alamos in Mexico
Pine Gap in Australia
The Snowy mountains in Australia
The Nyala range in Africa
West of Kindu in Africa
Next to the Libyan border in Egypt
Mount Blanc in Switzerland
Narvik in Scandinavia
Gottland island in Sweden
many other places

We recently came across a very interesting list from a book called Entrances to Subterranean Tunnels "Underground Alien Bases" (UAB) ISBN: 0-938294-92-X (UAB) which purports to list all the known underground entrances to bases. Here is where they are!

New York City
There is an entrance to the tunnels in New York City "in the vicinity of Midtown Manhattan that can be reached through an abandoned elevator shaft that only very few know about

The Liyobaa Cave Entrance
This was sealed off by Catholic Priests who believed it to be an entrance to "Hell." "The village of 'Liyobaa' or to translate, 'The Cavern of Death,' was located in the province of Zapoteca, somewhere near the ancient village of 'Mictlan' or the village of the 'Underworld.

The Maltese Cave Entrance
This entrance is located on the island of Malta

The Staffordshire, England Entrance
Somewhere in Staffordshire, England, a lonely field exists in which a laborer discovered a large iron plate beneath the dirt. The "hatch" was large and oval, with an iron ring mounted on it

The Dulce, New Mexico Base
An underground Military Base/Laboratory in Dulce, New Mexico connects with the underground network of tunnels which honeycombs our planet, and the lower levels of this base are allegedly under the control of Inner Earth beings or Aliens. This base is connected to Los Alamos research facilities via an underground "tube-shuttle."

Death Valley, CA. Entrance.
Local Indian legends speak of a tunnel that runs beneath the desert. (Note: The book "Death Valley Men," tells the story of 3 people who are supposed to have found an underground city connected with this tunnel, and who actually took treasures from it. The entrance to the Death Valley Tunnel is in the Panamint Mountains down on the lower edge of the range near Wingate Pass, in the bottom of an old abandoned shaft.
The Mt. Shasta, CA Entrance
There are tunnels beneath Mt. Shasta that lead to a UFO base there, as well as tunnels that connect with the vast world-wide tunnel network. The Lemurian city "Telos" is said to exist beneath Mt. Shasta

The Brown Mountain Entrance
Brown Mountain is in North Carolina near Morganton. Morganton is "about 15 miles north of an actual highway marker which has been posted by the state providing any visitor the best view"

Canadian UFO Bases
Entrances at Lake Ontario possible underwater UFO bases/cities. Toronto Tunnels leading to subterranean city. Newfoundland Condemned Iron Mine connects with tunnels.

Toronto Entrance
There is a small opening to the underground tunnels off Parliament Street in downtown Toronto. (The entrance is between two apartment buildings, and leads to the tunnels via the sewers.)

Newfoundland Iron Mine Entrance
After one of the Iron Mines in Newfoundland Province had been dug deeper than any other, strange happenings caused the mine to be shut down.

BRAZIL
One tunnel in Brazil is near Ponte Grosse in the state of Parana. (Fruit orchards were seen here.) Another entrance in Brazil is near Rincon, state of Parana. Also, in the state of Santa Catarina, Brazil, near the city of Joinville there is a mountain containing an entrance to the tunnels.

www.scribd.com...
www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...
edit on 13-9-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
USA is the new "Universal Empire" paradigm in contemporain history from 1945. That is a FACT in strategical, finantial & cultural items. The 2American Empire" was/is a reality, now facing structural paradoxes, because EVERY empire in known human history is based in the WAR, and the foundamentals of actual paradigm are based on a WORLD WAR and a WORLD COLD WAR. Now you have a universal mess from the 70s ENERGY CRISIS and the 90s fall of the SOVIET EMPIRE (yep, that "ancient" and "forgotten" concept, the "soviet world").basically, we are in the XXIst Century with a lot of XXth Century structures raised from XVIII-XIXth Centuries concepts & paradigms. Can you see the inner paradoxes??????

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
There are at least 1400 of these D.U.M.B.S worldwide. 131 in the US. With 2underground bases being built per year in the US at the moment. The average depth of the bases are four and a quarter miles underground ( some shallower and some deeper

These operations include a huge
worldwide UFO cover up
and the building andmaintaining of
deep underground military bases

D.U.M.B.S

Dulce in New Mexico
Brecon Beacons in Wales
Los Alamos in Mexico
Pine Gap in Australia
The Snowy mountains in Australia
The Nyala range in Africa
West of Kindu in Africa
Next to the Libyan border in Egypt
Mount Blanc in Switzerland
Narvik in Scandinavia
Gottland island in Sweden
many other places

We recently came across a very interesting list from a book called Entrances to Subterranean Tunnels "Underground Alien Bases" (UAB) ISBN: 0-938294-92-X (UAB) which purports to list all the known underground entrances to bases. Here is where they are!

New York City
There is an entrance to the tunnels in New York City "in the vicinity of Midtown Manhattan that can be reached through an abandoned elevator shaft that only very few know about

The Liyobaa Cave Entrance
This was sealed off by Catholic Priests who believed it to be an entrance to "Hell." "The village of 'Liyobaa' or to translate, 'The Cavern of Death,' was located in the province of Zapoteca, somewhere near the ancient village of 'Mictlan' or the village of the 'Underworld.

The Maltese Cave Entrance
This entrance is located on the island of Malta

The Staffordshire, England Entrance
Somewhere in Staffordshire, England, a lonely field exists in which a laborer discovered a large iron plate beneath the dirt. The "hatch" was large and oval, with an iron ring mounted on it

The Dulce, New Mexico Base
An underground Military Base/Laboratory in Dulce, New Mexico connects with the underground network of tunnels which honeycombs our planet, and the lower levels of this base are allegedly under the control of Inner Earth beings or Aliens. This base is connected to Los Alamos research facilities via an underground "tube-shuttle."

Death Valley, CA. Entrance.
Local Indian legends speak of a tunnel that runs beneath the desert. (Note: The book "Death Valley Men," tells the story of 3 people who are supposed to have found an underground city connected with this tunnel, and who actually took treasures from it. The entrance to the Death Valley Tunnel is in the Panamint Mountains down on the lower edge of the range near Wingate Pass, in the bottom of an old abandoned shaft.
The Mt. Shasta, CA Entrance
There are tunnels beneath Mt. Shasta that lead to a UFO base there, as well as tunnels that connect with the vast world-wide tunnel network. The Lemurian city "Telos" is said to exist beneath Mt. Shasta

The Brown Mountain Entrance
Brown Mountain is in North Carolina near Morganton. Morganton is "about 15 miles north of an actual highway marker which has been posted by the state providing any visitor the best view"

Canadian UFO Bases
Entrances at Lake Ontario possible underwater UFO bases/cities. Toronto Tunnels leading to subterranean city. Newfoundland Condemned Iron Mine connects with tunnels.

Toronto Entrance
There is a small opening to the underground tunnels off Parliament Street in downtown Toronto. (The entrance is between two apartment buildings, and leads to the tunnels via the sewers.)

Newfoundland Iron Mine Entrance
After one of the Iron Mines in Newfoundland Province had been dug deeper than any other, strange happenings caused the mine to be shut down.

BRAZIL
One tunnel in Brazil is near Ponte Grosse in the state of Parana. (Fruit orchards were seen here.) Another entrance in Brazil is near Rincon, state of Parana. Also, in the state of Santa Catarina, Brazil, near the city of Joinville there is a mountain containing an entrance to the tunnels.

www.scribd.com...
www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...
edit on 13-9-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

This information is mixing REAL information with CONSPIRANOIA, from my point of view. But youR input may be in the right track, dude...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
From an internationalist perspective....

The US can have as many bases as they like on their own sovereign territory.

More importantly how many bases do they have in other countries???

When the US or any other country has an embassy or military base in another country's mainland, it is considered sovereign territory to the US or the foreign power.

The last count I came across was there was 345 US military bases in non-US countries or territories.

An unanswered question is how many military bases of non-US countries are on the US mainland?????
edit on 13/9/1111 by Krusty the Klown because: Kan't spell

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

Well, that is a interesting question. Look to foreign embassies and consulates in USA, for example.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Inerrancia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Inerrancia

Put the consulates and embassies aside for a moment.

How many non-US military bases are inside US territory?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown
reply to post by Inerrancia

Put the consulates and embassies aside for a moment.

How many non-US military bases are inside US territory?

Well, if you take seriously the conspiranoia, Zeta Reticuli has some stuff in USA territory (you know...). May be that Canada, Mexico, UK, Russia, China and the Vatican, for example, have some heavy secret stuff out there (I think that Andorra is out of that by the moment...)

Again, more seriously, the Manu Militari in the World is essentially Made in Usa, because USA is the supreme Universal COP of the Free World, you know... USA is the New Rome of the moment...
edit on 13-9-2011 by Inerrancia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inerrancia

Well, if you take seriously the conspiranoia, Zeta Reticuli has some stuff in USA territory (you know...).

I was asking a serious question.

But not about Zeta Reticuli.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

USA is the New Rome of the moment

Ahhhh a kindred spirit....

I've been using that metaphor with friends for about 10 years now, the similarities are identical.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown

Well, if you take seriously the conspiranoia, Zeta Reticuli has some stuff in USA territory (you know...).

I was asking a serious question.

But not about Zeta Reticuli.

Yes I know, but I quote myself: "Again, more seriously, the Manu Militari in the World is essentially Made in Usa, because USA is the supreme Universal COP of the Free World, you know... USA is the New Rome of the moment..." Got the germanics some "military base" in Rome? I think no, au contraire. Seriously, the candidates to get some hidden stuff in USA may be Russia & China, and obviosly they haven't (!?). USA is the actual BIG BROTHER, my friend, and its national territory is sacred land for foreign intrussions like the american bases in foreign countries. All the NATO net is a very relevant example (but NATO is not what it was before...)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join