It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supposedly the full moon causes people to act weird and strange things to happen. Thoughts?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
My brother worked in various homeless units for about 15 years; drug addicts, alcoholics, people with mental health problems ... you name it, they could be found in there. He swears that at full moon the phone calls to police, ambulance and social work would increase considerably. Folk fighting and attacking each other, they just became wilder.

But as someone else pointed out, there have been studies done that show it isnt true. I just wonder what cross section of society they studied.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
A close friends grandfather worked in an aslym for mental and physical issues during the 40s , 50s and 60's. They would lock the doors a on full moon nights and never go anywhere alone. Some of the stories him and his co workers would tell. I also have lots of family in law enforcment and medicine who would back it up

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Absolute nonsense. Right up there with Tarot Cards, Palmistry, Nostradamus and Organized religion, as far as sheer superstition.

Read the Skeptics Dictionary. Read Snopes. Get on Jstor and read some of the actual abstracts. This is sheer confirmation bias and mythology.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Every day the moon pulls and pushes in and out the tides across the entire Earth. Every-day. So since our bodies are filled and mostly made up with a large percentage of fluids...how do you think the brain reacts to fluids moving in and out during these cycles?

Quite simple to understand.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
As a cop, I can honestly say that most of us are superstitious about the full moon.... We are also superstitious about not saying "hope it's a quiet one tonight" and putting the guy/girl who said it on coffee/office/dirty job duties....

Whether there is more action on a full moon or that we possibly perceive it as such I'm not sure... All I know is that on a full moon, we usually have lots to do... (Another trend we noticed is the beginning of the month business/ welfare pay day)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

No sources, just personal experiences:

My family of origin/ancestry was very active during the full moon...

I become restless, energetic; and as a woman, maybe a little bit more moody and irritable if confined...AND the funniest thaanngg is that I am not even aware it is a full-moon at times>>>>career, society has ruined it for me!

So watch out!
:
edit on 13-9-2011 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Here is a great article on this. It's a meta-analysis that looked at 37 different studies dealing with behavior during the full moon. They then looked at such things as sex and location, as well as phases of the moon and types of lunacy. In the end they found that the phase of the Moon accounted for less than 1% of the variance in behavior usually characterized as "lunacy."

Much ado about the full moon: A meta-analysis of lunar-lunacy research

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
My kid was born on a night with a full moon. She was due for that week.
The gyno already said that if there was a full moon, expect the birth around that time.... he couldn't explain it, just noticed the relation in his 30 years of experience.

when I got to the hospital, there where double the amount of women giving birth that night then on other nights. The nurses said it was always like that on full moons and it was the same on the ER.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Go somewhere very quiet early in the morning where a full moon is nearing the far horizon before dawn...perfection, espescially if you are making love.

Hold your true love , and know you are free , its all a make believe show, to make you see and feel that moment.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The moon dust reflecting light bounces into our brain and 'causes people to go wild and crazy. There must be energy properties pertaining to the moon that we as humans do not fully undertsand yet.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I remember being with the fire department. Our wild calls would always go up on full moon nights especially when it was a weekend as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join