It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplainable dream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Recently, I had a dream that i cannot in any circumstance make sense of, or get any kind of prediction out of.

I was with my Dad (I have never seen him in all my life) and we were talking. I knew his name in my dream but after waking up i soon forgot it (maybe not a real name?)
My Dad is German, but not the typical looking one (Blond hair and blue eyes). He looked really tall like 6" something. Just before waking up we hugged each other. When i decided to tell my Nan about the dream, she told me that it sounded like my Dad; down to a 'T', and told me that he was 6"6.

Can anyone make sense of this dream, or give your opinions on what it means.
Was it a Lucid dream, or just my subconscious's way of giving me something Ive never had?

It's hard to understand the dreamworld.

edit on 9/13/2011 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Do all dreams have to make any sense?

Twas a dream.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Nope, lol. Thats why dreams are so awesome!!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NZkraw
Recently, I had a dream that i cannot in any circumstance make sense of, or get any kind of prediction out of.

I was with my Dad (I have never seen him in all my life) and we were talking. I knew his name in my dream but after waking up i soon forgot it (maybe not a real name?)
My Dad is German, but not the typical looking one (Blond hair and blue eyes). Just before waking up we hugged each other.

Can anyone make sense of this dream, or give your opinions on what it means.

It's hard to understand the dreamworld.

Well to me, it seems sub-consciencly you've probaly always wanted a father figure,
Not ever seeing your father probably built up in your sub-conscience thus causing you to dream about it.
It may also mean that you want to meet your dad to know that he cared about you. There are many different conclusions you can get out of this. Its basically how ever you feel or interpret to be, after all it is your dream right?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

Thank you for you good interpretation

I couldn't come up with any way to try and figure out what it meant, and i though it was really weird that i say him in my dream exactly what he looks like e.c.t when i dont know him.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Creepy, maybe someone who knew your dad has a picture you can look at and make a comparison. if you recognize him.. then let me know haha

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
There are two ways I think one could look at this-

An expression of your subconscious only, in which the thigns, people, and events in the dream are all parts of your own psyche. That is, the father figure being your "super ego" or inner father. He symbolizes your ideals and individual values. This may have been an expression of you coming to terms with it, feeling like it approves of who you are, what you have done in your life. A gain in self esteem and confidence.

or

If you have never heard or seen the physical attributes of your real father, and this turned out to be accurate, I would consider trying to find out if he recently passed..... and came to make his amends on his way out!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

He went back to Germany before he knew my Mum was pregnant with me. I dont know if she has any photos of him, as i live with my Nan.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I have never seen him only in my dream, with a verification of his hair and eye color and how tall he was.
Hopefully he hasn't passed i would like to find him one day.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Don't waste time asking the meaning of your dream. It was beautiful and you enjoyed, that's all that matters. Keep your mind open.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

I think it's time to get looking. Start with the internet.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I wouldnt know where to start.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

It'll help if you know his name, his age, and perhaps the name of the place he grew up. Then start with facebook. If you can't find him then search for people he might have grown up alongside and ask around. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I doubt ill have much luck in my search, I dont know anything about him.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Maybe you have seen a picture of him at some point in your life and though it didnt click right then who he was maybe that is why you dreamed so vividly about him. It could be a way of telling you it is time to try searching for him. Gather as much info as you can find on him and try your luck online. Hope it works out for you. And dont be so negative about it. If you keep tellin yourself it wont work then it wont because you will talk your self out of making an effort. Who knows you may find he's a millionare.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

No one in my immediate family has a picture of him i only know what i saw in my dream. I have never seen anyone that looks like the man i saw. It would be difficult research for information. The only job that i know he had the time he was with my Mum was as a club bouncer in Queensland.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
oh I see, bars usually dont keep tabs on their bouncers. Even if they do there is not tellin if it has changed ownership and how many times since he was there. I hope for your sake that maybe one day the two of you will be able to meet.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Thank you

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Thank you

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Maybe he died and came to say goodbye in a dream....dont dead people do that sometimes?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<<   2 >>

join