It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Just doesn't add up" & "It didn't make sense"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Just doesn't add up

It didn't make sense

Just doesn't add up

It didn't make sense

I need to ask a serious question of both sides of the whole 9/11 argument/debate/pissing contest. I avoid the 9/11 forum like the plaque and will revert back to the status after I receive some feed back. Having read through the recent plethora of 9/11 10 year anniversary related activity here at ATS. I have to ask the following

Is there a popular book or Youtube video on the topic that uses those phrases? I keep seeing them used over and over and over again as if its a programmed response by many members who seem otherwise very intelligent and intuitively independent thinkers [which they have been able to demonstrate repeatedly on many other unrelated topics and forums] yet, when it's about 9/11 and the days events IQs appear to drop with all those abilities going right out the window and those phrases get dragged out AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

Now THAT really doesn't add up or make sense Now, honestly can we please get a new CANNED RESPONSE catch phrase? Because I've seen those phrases used so much and by so many that it's gotten to the point of it being a running joke about "Truthers" and honestly for someone such as myself who doesn't [completely buy the OS version of the events] I have to say it cheapens and weakens their arguments.

Don't believe me? Just read any 9/11 thread were some "Claim" to have been on the fence and then later came to "Realize" something was wrong because it "just doesn't add up or It didn't make sense" as if somehow that adds legitimacy.

This isn't an argument for or against any particular side or the other just about those excessively used phrases and the potentially unrealized common source.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
There is no popular video programming people to use those phrases. People use those phrases because they are the most common method of communicating the concept that something is illogical.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrinkYourDrug
There is no popular video programming people to use those phrases. People use those phrases because they are the most common method of communicating the concept that something is illogical.

well i would have to say i've seen it many times in conspiracy documentaries and when it comes to 911 truth but i dont think there is anything wrong with the use of those phrases... in my opinion it is a "fit" phrase to use to " communicate the concept that something is illogical."

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

i dont think there is anything wrong with the use of those phrases... in my opinion it is a "fit" phrase to use to " communicate the concept that something is illogical."

I enjoy their use also.

-WTC7 achieved free fall acceleration during its collapse.

-Structures provide more resistance than empty space.

Just doesn't add up!

edit on 13-9-2011 by DrinkYourDrug because:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I sort of see what the OP is saying but I don't think there's anything more to the repeated use of those phrases other than the fact that they distinctly express the meaning "I don't understand". I'm sure there's many other topics here on ATS where you'd see those lines repeated many times.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mek-Tech

Just doesn't add up

It didn't make sense

Just doesn't add up

It didn't make sense

I have not seen those phrases enough to take note of them.

But here are a couple of videos.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Now Niel DeGrasse Tyson is the only SCIENTIST I know of to have witnessed and videoed what happened on 9/11. Now Dr. Tyson has numerous videos where he has made a big deal about Isaac Newton and has written about Black Holes.

But I am not aware of his ever making any statements about how airliners could or could not have been solely responsible for the destruction of the towers. Now to me, that does not add up as reasonable behavior from a competent scientist being objective about the subject.

But then talking about Black Holes cannot have significant political or economic consequences whether he is right or wrong because nobody is going to capture a Black Hole to test it.

So the 9/11 Decade is about the scientists not 9/11. Our psychologists will have to analyze the scientists. Because most physicists should have been willing to publicly come down on one side or the other on a subject as simple as the physics of a skyscraper being hit by an airliner.

psik

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by psikeyhackr

It is simply because not everyone considers 9/11 to be problematic. It isn't something that too many people are passionate about going into in-depth research on.

top topics

join