It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is the Teaching of the False Prophet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
sorry.... wrong post.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by krossfyter]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Are some of you actually doubting the very existance of Jesus, the man, born from Mary in Bethlehem, from Nazareth? Born circa 35 B.C., crucified by the Romans in the Roman province of Judea in .. oh what was it, 4 B.C.? (Our calender is 4 years off regarding Jesus actual death, but they'll never admit it)

There are historical records from the Roman era as well as records & actual artifacts, such as a piece of the headboard that denoted him as the King of the Jews in Hebrew, Greek, and Latin. You can tell its no forgery because the Greek and Latin are written backwards like the Hebrew, when they arent supposed to be. Clearly a Jewish scribe engraved the wood carving, who was used to writing from right to left. Theres more things to point to its authenticity, but this isnt my point.

Okay. Here it is in a nutshell. If you deny the existance of Jesus as a human being who existed on this earth in the flesh, then the Qu'ran is incorrect and Mohammed is a liar. This is what you are saying when you say you don't think Jesus existed but then go touting Mohammed's "human-ness" and his traceable geneology. Jesus was a God-sent Prophet in the Qu'ran, his name is Isa in the Qu'ran. The story goes slightly different, but its generally the same story.

If Jesus never existed, trust me, Christianity would not be what it is. THINK about it.. Christians were persecuted all over the Roman Empire for hundreds of years before the religon was adopted by Constantine. There are records from the Roman Era of this as well, your precious "proof". Why would hundreds devote themselves to a religon that resulted in their torture and death, only a hundred or two hundred years after it's creation, when it was being persecuted outright by the state you lived in and you had to congregate in utter secret? That doesn't add up to me. Imaginary men don't leave that impact, im sorry.

Now if only Jesus/Isa had strictly warned and forbid worship of his Image, THEN we'd have what i'd consider a damn near perfect religon. But of course the Catholic Church..and now really most all churchs either worship the image of the Crucifix, or the image of Jesus dead or dying on the Crucifix. Most prayers are directed toward Jesus. This is idolatry, blatantly, and no one cares. After they die, during Judgement, they will have to answer to God as to why they directed more prayers to a dead prophet than their God, and why they idolized his image in their temples. If he were alive today, he would completely disagree with the worship as it is today.

Some things about Mohammed I dont like: He actively employed violence, killing, assassination, and warfare into his doctrine and religon. He personally had thousands killed himself with his armies as they conquered the unbelievers and so forth. Did Jesus do this? Jesus never harmed anyone, and never told anyone to, this is the fundamental difference. Yes, the old testament, the JEWISH SCRIPTS, can be violent toward non believers but this isnt the same thing by any means. Mohammed lived a life of.. well .. sin. He killed, he had people killed, he taught his followers to kill this type of person or that type of person based on religous or ethnic grounds. He created the concept of Jihad and look how that is being used today. You dont see right wing extremist groups declaring "Crusades" on muslim communities in Western societies do you? Thats the fundamental difference. I dont like the right wing christian extremists anymore than the muslim ones trust me.

The man, as has been said, also had a bizillion wives, and from a personal standpoint, you cant love that many women .. you just cant, as a man, truly show them each the love they deserve. So he used them for offspring, and to this day women are completely discriminated against in Muslim society and used mainly for breeding and not much else. They even have to wear shaws as to not provoke another man's jealousy, and not work/learn alongside men.

Think what you may.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The the secret, in my opinion, to understanding monotheistic religion is saying basicly:

"screw the chruchs, the synagogues, the mosques, i'll read each holy book, and draw my own conclusions, based on my own ideas, through the guidance of the prophets and saints who wrote these books. Clearly im smart enough to tell if something is not right and will not practice it."

I dont ever goto church, God's temple is in each of us, because believers praise him wherever they go, and thus the temple is everywhere we go, the place we praise God. The world is his temple, really.

and by the way, pray by yourself, alone, in your own secret place. this is how it was done by King David.

P.S. - The Beliefs I shared in this post and the post above it would've had me burned alive by the various Catholic Inquisitions, especially the Spainish or French, or Italian.

[edit on 24-8-2006 by runetang]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Hi runetang/
I must say that I totally Disagree with you on the 'worship of Images'...
Christians, Do Not worship Images........below is your quote/

Now if only Jesus/Isa had strictly warned and forbid worship of his Image, THEN we'd have what i'd consider a damn near perfect religon.
But of course the Catholic Church..and now really most all churchs either worship the image of the Crucifix, or the image of Jesus dead or dying on the Crucifix. Most prayers are directed toward Jesus.
This is idolatry, blatantly, and no one cares.
After they die, during Judgement, they will have to answer to God as to why they directed more prayers to a dead prophet than their God, and why they idolized his image in their temples.
If he were alive today, he would completely disagree with the worship as it is today.

God did Show Himself......In the Son ........Jesus Christ.
A crucifix, is not an Image, nor is it Worshipped...it is a symbol of ones Victory of Death.......The Resurrection ......
On Icons.......
Well,Christians 'Do Not' Worship His Image!
When an Icon of Christ is looked upon, it is held in great respect, and not worshipped because of it's material nature eg/the wood or the jewels surrounding(sometimes)the Icon.
The Icon of Christ or the Saint depicted on the Frame, becomes a ''window to Heaven''.....it is a reminder to us what will be.
Quote///found also below (in closed quotes).,.............
''What the book is to the literate, the image is to the illiterate.
Just as my words speak to the ear,
so the image speaks to the sight; it brings us understanding.''
We also have God Instructing
In the Old Testament God ordered the Ark to be constructed under His instructions.....
The Ark represents the Church......pre-figures the Church.....
Creation of the World..making of the Tabernacle...

Another example would be a picture or a photo of a loved one, ''one does not Worship'' the image depicted, but one remembers with sight.

As St. John of Damascus points out,
these commands show that the injunction against idol-worship by means precluded the use of material images,
not as idols,
but as aids to Divine worship: "Just as words edify the ear, so also the image stimulates the eye.
What the book is to the literate, the image is to the illiterate.
Just as my words speak to the ear,
so the image speaks to the sight; it brings us understanding.
For this reason God ordered the ark to be constructed of wood which would not decay, and to be gilded outsided and in,
and for the tablets to be place inside,
with Aaron's staff and the golden urn containing the manna,
in order to provide a remembrance of the past,
and an image of the future.
Who can say that these were not images, heralds sounding from afar off?
They were not placed inside the meeting-tent,
but were brought forth in the sight of all the people,
who gazed upon them and used them to offer praise and worship to God. Obviously they were not adored for their own sake,
but through them the people were led to remember the wonders of old and to worship God, the Worker of wonders.
They were images serving as memorials; they were not divine,
but led to the remembrance of Divine power."

The Mystery of the Church

on Iconoclasm explains a bit about the Seventh Ecumenical council .......
Also here , ecumenical council of the meeting of the Whole Church to discuss matters within the church

Ok, sorry for going off the subject....

Runetang, one can pray alone, as well as go to Gods House.....all must be done with faith.
Gods Temple is in each of us,yes, but we still must do as our forefathers have done....unfortunately, we do not make the rules.
A blind man cannot lead another blind.....something like that.
(both will end up falling)
One can have or follow ones 'Own' rules, but that dont make it right!

helen

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join