It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing Moon Y'all?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Don't feel too badly. The same thing happened to me last night.
Remember thinking...should I be concerned? The moon just vanished. It was raising and then it lowered and just disappeared. I had footage showing it sinking and not rising in the eastern sky. I had to sit there thinking...where is the moon going? The other side of the world? It's our turn to have it.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by pop_science
Is this a joke?

I just...don't...

Anyway that is a CLOUD in front of the moon which for whatever reason to you makes it look like Pac Man, the moon looks like that ALL the time here in FL early morning and the sun is what is making it that color.

Anyway for such an obvious mistake, to misunderstand something so SILLY that just kind under mines the rest of the topic for me at least from the woman in the video no disrespect but ..come on.

Come on...last night I was impressed by how large and round the moon was raising in the east. The sun was just finishing it's setting in the west (I don't remember the time 7pm?) and a faint bit of sunlight was still glimmering there so I set up the camera to get footage of the moon raising. It lowered instead. Lowered and vanished. Now I hear it went behind the clouds which I am perfectly willing to believe and in fact I do believe it but it would have been helpful to have seen some clouds in the sky.
Maybe not seen the moon appear to lower and vanish on me. It was the strangest thing and I am in Florida too. Maybe there is more than one moon?
Jus' kiddin'

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Remember thinking...should I be concerned? The moon just vanished. It was raising and then it lowered and just disappeared. I had footage showing it sinking and not rising in the eastern sky. I had to sit there thinking...where is the moon going? The other side of the world? It's our turn to have it.

Hey, don't give up your day job because you make a terrible stand-up.

To this woman's defense, the Moon was NOT on the horizon you nimrod! (I respectfully say that because....) you're turning her misinterpretation (of cloud coverage) into a 1st grade misunderstanding of how the Moon sets.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by newcovenant

Hey, don't give up your day job because you make a terrible stand-up.

To this woman's defense, the Moon was NOT on the horizon you nimrod! (I respectfully say that because....) you're turning her misinterpretation (of cloud coverage) into a 1st grade misunderstanding of how the Moon sets.

Nimrod is a God so thanks but with a little practice you should be able to master this yourself!
The moon is rising, not setting. Are you with me?

When the full moon came up over the horizon in the east, I set the video camera on a tripod with the moon in the bottom of the frame so I could see it when it rose in the sky, then I went inside. Later on when I looked at the footage the moon did not rise at all, though the camera did not move the moon disappeared out the bottom of the frame until my film was completely black. There wasn't anything funny about it. You are not really making much sense.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join