It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing Moon Y'all?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I purposefully stuck this (these) video(s) under fragile earth because I KNOW there's going to be a very logical explanation for this, right?

I am assuming this is just some invisible cloud coverage or distortion in the atmosphere because I have personally never experienced this oddity before.

Very strange looking indeed and I'm looking forward to someone's brilliant but simple answer.

1)

2)

You can hear in her voice she's a little rattled by this.
3)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Clouds.
The Moon is setting behind clouds. The clouds are too low on the horizon to be illuminated by the rising sun.

edit on 9/12/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

lol i got beat to the punch. Ya, its exactly what Phage said.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
That's strange. Just this evening the sun did the same thing! Completely disappeared. It's almost as if our planet is spinning or something.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That's exactly where I want to go with this and probably where it warrants however, the cloud in the photo (in the second) video looks very edgy and sliced. Almost linear-like
If I just saw the last video I would 100% agree to cloud coverage. But because the second video looks so unnatural, it makes the third video questionable.
But I'm sure it's got to be clouds. Because I can't see how 300,000,000 Americans missed it this morning

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Is this a joke?

I just...don't...

Anyway that is a CLOUD in front of the moon which for whatever reason to you makes it look like Pac Man, the moon looks like that ALL the time here in FL early morning and the sun is what is making it that color.

Anyway for such an obvious mistake, to misunderstand something so SILLY that just kind under mines the rest of the topic for me at least from the woman in the video no disrespect but ..come on.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Oh my God, the Horizon has shifted, what next ? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well,the moon didn't turn into pac-man,cause I see it right now bright and beautiful.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

edit on 13-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

Excuse me for posting this on a conspiracy site where there are STILL categories of questionable interest. (notice WHERE I stuck this sucker. Fragile Earth. Not under 2012!!)

I did preface this by saying I thought it was clouds and I was sure there was a rational explanation attached to it. So not sure why you have to show your disgust.
This was certainly interesting enough to share. Well, for pea-brain me anyway

So may I suggest----if you feel some of these threads are beneath your intelligence threshold then you might just find Mensa or Popular Science more suiting

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Well,the moon didn't turn into pac-man,cause I see it right now bright and beautiful.

I believe the lady was eluding to it being a holographic image. I think she knows the Moon itself didn't disappear.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
So,I;m guessing you are offended by the brilliant,but simple answers?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
So,I;m guessing you are offended by the brilliant,but simple answers?

Offended? No. Not at all. That was my answer too only I had a very small percentage of doubt due to the......................ah, never mind.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Ok everyone. He asked for the answer, he was given it. Nothing more, nothing less. Stop whining!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CN1018
That's strange. Just this evening the sun did the same thing! Completely disappeared. It's almost as if our planet is spinning or something.

i agree! it does seem like the planet must be spinning or ... something! what could it be?

star for your sense of humor.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Ok everyone. He asked for the answer, he was given it. Nothing more, nothing less. Stop whining!

I was looking for the answer and also some possible alternative explanations too.
By the way, who made you hall monitor? Are the mods taking a break and put you in charge?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

HumanAlien.

I don't get the people on this site either. It's supposed to be a CONSPIRACY site...not Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Image enhancement says "clouds". Sorry.

edit on 9/13/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: photo

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CN1018

Spinning? The planet is spinning? Damn, hold on to something quick.

I will go with Phage. It is clouds.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
T3 in da place 2 be!!!!!!!!

certain people leave so others can rise, and when they fall, "those" try to come back to us. I'm crazy though, and prolly need be in dem ozarks, peace!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join