It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lieberman: Offer to Help the PKK Terrorize Turkey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Israel Offers to Help PKK

Insane. So far it's escalated to this, despite some saying neither of them will act. But Israel has gone way over the top here....
edit on 12-9-2011 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Got a source for that (other than Haaretz) to back your claim or is it Chinese whispers coming from Turkey?
edit on 12-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
1. You probably won't see this on MSM( or they'll change "terrorist" to "rebels")

2. I believe there is a vote on 20 Sept about the declaration of Statehood of Palestine in the UN.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'd love to help the Kurds and all, but...that would totally help Israel at the moment...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

link 1link 2
link 3
hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorSatan

OMG, and you believe those links? I just took a good look at all 3 of those links....please tell me you are not serious?

Now show me a REPUTABLE link with Liberman spitting those words! Otherwise I'm going to put it down as Chinese whispers to stir trouble! It appears Liberman is Turkey's target for misinformation because the Turkish politicians hate his guts.

Israel's Channel 2 interviewed Liberman and asked the same question for which his reply was the complete opposite. So there, the man has spoken!
edit on 13-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This was reported by Yedioth Ahronot, first circulation daily in Israel : Israel to ‘punish’ Turkey

Lieberman is also planning to set meetings with the heads of Kurdish rebel group PKK in Europe in order to “cooperate with them and boost them in every possible area.” In these meetings, the Kurds may ask Israel for military aid in the form of training and arms supplies, a move that would constitute a major anti-Turkish position should it materialize.

It's full of mays and woulds but you can only expect Turkey's PM to comment the report.

I don't understand why Haaretz wouldn't be reputable enough

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Okay, let me see here. Turkey is set to meet with the Egyptian officials in Cairo soon with a large military and diplomatic contingent. Obviously, Turkey has made their choice for who they will befriend for the short term, at least. Somehow in response, some people think getting close to the PKK is a comparable response. I hate to say it, but Israel is coming up with the short stick on this one.

Egypt trumps a rebel group playing border wars every time. I keep hoping to see someone...anyone...over there step up with a 'cooler head' approach. I'm only seeing more and more bluster and miscalculation leading quickly to open conflict. Sept 20th is approaching too quickly and Lieberman is NOT helping with silliness like this. No one over there seems interested in even trying to avoid a coming war.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

I read the main Israeli newspapers online almost daily and I've found Haaretz is not the most reputable and some of their journalism at times leaves a whole lot to be desired. I have caught them out on numerous prints of their stories telling little porkies or half truths, but then again, so do most of mainstream media!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

In the short term I don't see any real major conflict in the Middle East. None of us really know whats going on behind closed doors and for all I know this tit for tat thing openly displayed between Israel and Turkey could had been conjured up between them. It's only natural that some international politicians are not going to like each other but I do know communications between the Turkish and Israeli Govts are very much open behind closed doors. It's not as bad as it appears to be. At the end of the day, Israel DOES have some good allies in the Middle East however Israel is not afraid of going it alone in that part of the woods and is more than equipped to take on any ME country who dares.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Heres a thread I made about it.

Already on p4 with some good discussions, if you want to join in.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Fair enough on your point that none of us really knows what is happening behind closed doors. Hopefully quite a bit. Regardless, we'll know on or shortly after the 20th what the short/mid term future ought to look like. Some of the Palestinians are calling for mass demonstrations, and some for calm. Hamas has come out saying they don't even recognize the vote because it's the PA doing it and Gaza leadership wasn't consulted.

We also can't underestimate how much the Middle East leadership and layout has changed in just 9 short months. I think Israel has a very different set national leaders that will accept their call than they did Jan 1st.

All things being equal, I'll feel much better when nothing at all has happened beyond some rather large protests and the regular daily fighting they always have over there come Oct 1st or so. If nothing has happened by then, nothing will by reactions to events IMO.

I agree that people over there won't deliberately choose to go to war without some unforeseen trigger that sparks everyone or an event like this vote getting totally out of hand for reactions. On the downside of that, the whole region does seem to be sitting on the shortest fuse I can recall seeing and overreactions seem more likely now than it's been for quite some time.

At least this event will either happen or it won't in a short time frame, right? No long waits... Looks like 7 days to me.

top topics

join