It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this massive "object" be responsible for causing earthquakes during alignments with Elenin?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I was looking for the most recent photo Elenin from a credible source and I found one from September 7th. I found the photo via astroblogger.blogspot.com...

This is a link to the actual photo: www.iceinspace.com.au...

I noticed a dark, spherical object near comet Elenin and decided to enhance the photo in order to determine if any of the same "noise" was present in front of the dark spot, which could possibly rule out any issues with the telescope. Once I enhanced it, I noticed that there is plenty of "noise" in front of the object. Someone please explain if this is some kind of anomaly, or if could it actually be a massive object near Elenin:

Here is the original picture:

Here is the enhanced version:

What do you think?
edit on 12-9-2011 by my3911 because: Image Insertion

edit on 12-9-2011 by my3911 because: Typo

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This is fascinating if its not an edit then it would seem there is a sphere which is absorbing radio waves as this I assume is taken from a radio telescope?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I am guessing that this is an artifact of the telescope, like vignetting, that shows up with increased contrast. You can see it again in the higher contrast photo, to the left in the picture.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

Telescope malfunction, you can clearly see stars through the shadow of that sphere. Good eye but it's nothing more than a shadow refracting on a lense. Nothing to be worried about.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

According to Ian Musgrave at astroblogger.blogspot.com... The photo was taken by Jonh Glossop. We could look him up to see what photo process was used in the original image.

The domain information contact is open to the public. Just do a whois on www.iceinspace.com... and a contact email address is given. I have to retire for the evening to go back to the grind tomorrow, but anyone here please feel free to investigate or debunk this. I'll be back on tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
And why is this under ATS junk forum, if you say the source is legit??? Shouldn't this be under Space exploration???....mmmm

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Someone posted about this picture earlier. As I pointed out in that topic, notice that there is a star in the circle. This means that even if this were an actual object it would have to be farther than that star. This means that it would most likely be at least several hundred lightyears away. In the end however, I'd say it is caused by the telescope.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
And why is this under ATS junk forum, if you say the source is legit??? Shouldn't this be under Space exploration???....mmmm

Its junk because any halfwit can see that its just a shadow, look at the stars you can see through the shadow. Its some kind of telescope malfunction.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Yes, I noticed the one on the left, but I'm still curious as to why there is noise in front of the image. If it was an artifact of the telescope would the same distant looking noise be present in front of the object?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

How do we know that is a star and not a satellite of this object? It is possible... right?
edit on 12-9-2011 by my3911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Yeah, I'd like to post this in Space Exploration, but anytime I post anything related to Elenin, it gets moved to Skunk Works.... even though the sources are from "legit" astronomers. I'll leave that decision up the mods.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Thanks "Lonewolf", you are very kind for calling me "halfwit". There's no need to resort to name calling. I just found it peculiar and wanted some analysis on the "anomaly". Please keep your comments to your self. You are not welcome here with your attitude.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
thats clearly nibiru the dark star

LMFAO

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps

Seriously people. I don't think it's freakin NIBURU. I'm just wondering if anyone can provide other photos of this anomaly so I can compare the images through enhancements.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Yes, it looks like some camera anomaly, given the stars showing in the background.

You got any pic of similar effects, I don't like speculations to shave things under the carpet.

And pls refrain from calling names, it doesn't make you any different.

Thanks
edit on 12-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Wow your so rude, no wonder this this site is going down!!!!!

Years ago debate would have happened. So sad!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It's a cloaked mothership.

I'm excited

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by my3911

Thanks "Lonewolf", you are very kind for calling me "halfwit". There's no need to resort to name calling. I just found it peculiar and wanted some analysis on the "anomaly". Please keep your comments to your self. You are not welcome here with your attitude.

I didn't say "you" were a halfwit per se. In a previous post i said you had a good eye but it was just some sort of malfunction.

People focus on elenin and are way too serious about an ordinary comet. It is not the mythical "Nibiru" because "Nibiru is the babylonian name for Jupiter.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I'm sorry but the guy who took that image belives that it is an artifact from

a street light that was to his right whilst snapping the shot. There is a fainter ghost

image of the same to the left of the pic.

Peace.

link to thread
edit on 13-9-2011 by weirdguy because: I wanted to add a link

edit on 13-9-2011 by weirdguy because: I cun't spell

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

Thank you for finding that info "Weirdguy"!

From the link:

"C/2010 X1 Elenin - 7 September
Managed to have another go at C/2010 X1 Elenin tonight before it set behind a hill.

Attached shots were taken at an elevation of just 12 degrees with the sky quite bright. The dark round spot under the comet is, I believe, an artifact from a streetlight that was just off to the right of shot."

He doesn't seem absolutely certain, but it seems like a good enough explanation to me. Now if we see the same "anomaly" in future photos.... then I may be concerned. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join