It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How The Hell Do You Know?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
There are no pictures of God, Jesus, Allah, etc,. That does not stop people from believing they exist/existed.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
I know because of a historical document that was inspired by GOD called the bible. It tells me what these things are and show's me how to deal with them.

You are correct, the bible is full of real stories about alien visitation, intervention, etc. Actually, it provides some of the best proof that the one you call god is actually a being from another planet. It is just presented from a viewpoint of people who had no way to fully comprehend and explain the extraordinary events they were witnessing, which makes it easy to misinterpret into a religion.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
It's called extraterrestrials to actually meet humans on Earth and tell them what's going on in the world. *sigh*

oh look Alex Collier mentioning Andromedan Council before the website youtube and google exists. It's from the 1990s.

edit on 12-9-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

come on man... look how every time he speaks, he looks to his right/our left. any body language expert will tell you thats evidence of a person thats lying.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
One of my pet hates (its more like a zoological loathing if Im honest) is the sort of douchebag who peddles , or buys into these half baked, part mystic prophecy, part metaphysical experiment , lunacies. I believe that UFO and aliens as a subject get a lot of bad press, simply because there are people out there making claims to knowledge which frankly has no basis in proof (often because it has no basis in reality either).

We have the bloated purveyor of lies (or Alex Collier if you prefer) prattling his unfounded nonsense about a " holographic governmental system" at work in the galaxy, and offering no realistic proof. He is a man who backs up an original line of BS, with yet another steaming pile of dung. His entire outlook on the alien situation is , in fact, completely based on the fact that he likes the sound of his own voice, rather than on any evidenciary proof he might have of his claims.

Then you have the creeps like Steven "ALIEN MOTH OMG ITS AN ALIEN MOTH ARRGGGHHH!" Greer who is about as credible as a nine pound note, fused with a three dollar bill, and given across the counter at a knock off trade stall. The man genuinely believes , that the hunt for evidence of aliens existance, can really be performed using arcane mystic ritual, as opposed to oh I dont know, the huge array of tools available to the scientific community .

The people who peddle this crap about the Galactic Federation, and its war with some other completely fictional entity the existance of which is only likely to be proved if it turns out that black is white, up is down, and a crap sandwhich tastes like the ambrosia of the Gods, are actualy doing you, me, and anyone else with even a vague interest in the subject of aliens and UFO , an ENORMOUS disservice. They are effectively a bunch of the worst kind of hoaxers. Professional ones that is. They arent content with altered video images, or messing about with still images in enhancement software suites... no no no... these utter lackwits make up back stories, do chanting, invent entire species, political systems, sociological and ecconomic concerns, and biomedical assesments (even though none of these liars even have biology degrees) for the entire galaxy, and then sit back and watch the weak of mind lap it up like an ardvark in an ant hill.

The answer to the question posed in this thread title, is at once simple, and very complex. These liars "know" what they claim to , because they have something wrong with them.Thats simple.

It is either greed, insanity , or both. Greer especialy strikes me as a narcissistic personality , prone to pathological lying , invention, and incapable of genuine human emotion. He may well be a psychopath of some sort. Nothing would suprise me where that disturbing slablike BS merchant is concerned.
Some may have been negatively affected by thier parents, or by drugs, or by life itself. Others may just be in it for the money, or the fame, which you can bet there most assuredly are plenty of for anyone who cares to tap into them in this manner.

The reasons for the actions of these utter fools are largely beside the point. The point is, these crackpots are giving the rest of us a bad name. If I could force every single one of them to wear a sign around thier neck, it would go a bit like this:

WARNING:
If you can read this, you have entered the effective range of a person who will claim much, and prove nothing. He will claim to be interested in aliens, and to have met some. Above all else, remember this person is a liar and a fraud, and thinks that terminology like "Holographic" and "Star drive" make them sound smarter.
Please do not take the person wearing this sign as an example of a typical UFO/alien believer. This person is clearly delusional, but apparantly poses too little risk to society to be institutionalised. Please walk away from this person, or apply your earplugs now, lest the stupid overwhelm you.

As a believer of sorts, I cannot stress enough , how much damage the activities of people who claim all these outlandish connections with multiple species, as if they are the alien Jesus, or the one true conduit of communication between the species (thats a classic messiah complex if I ever heard of one) , has done to the cause over the years.
People complain bitterly that mainstream science refuses to meet the UFO and alien problem head on, and devote some time to proving one way or another what the truth is ... What we as a community have to understand is that until we remove these prophetic pillocks from our midst, there will be no mainstream involvement with our thinking. If we want the scientific back up, we have to shed the loonies, and replace them with rational persons, who know the difference , for example, between thier shoes, and a custard and cream pie.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I know because of a historical document that was inspired by GOD called the bible. It tells me what these things are and show's me how to deal with them.

"Historical Document"? Please. And "inspired by God"? Would that be Enki, or Enil, or just EL?

SCHOLARS

"There are various evidences which suggest that Luke made use of the works of Josephus, and it may well be that the two-part Luke-Acts was inspired by Josephus' two-part book Against Apion, published around A.D. 100." (Schonfield, 1975, p. 35)

"We now know that Luke wrote his gospel and the Acts of the Apostles in the early second century (Mack, 1995, p. 45)."

“No work of art of any kind has ever been discovered, no painting, or engraving, no sculpture, or other relic of antiquity, which may be looked upon as furnishing additional evidence of the existence of these gospels, and which was executed earlier than the latter part of the second century.” (Waite, 1992 p. 346)

"My own impression...was that the arguments for placing the Gospels as early as the end of the first century were rather weak. I found that the respected theological scholar Helmut Koester, editor of the Harvard Theological Review, made a good case for a later date, early second century, for most of the Gospels." (Ellegard, 1999, p. 3)

The first [factor] was the evolution of a canon of New Testament writings. Although oral tradition continued to be important right up till the end of the second century, most traditions had found written form by its early decades..." (Johnson, 1976, p. 54)

"What, then, are my reasons for putting Mark as 90 instead of, with most theologians, at about 70? (Wells, 1988, p. 107) "140-150 AD is the most likely time for the writing of Mark's Gospel - by Cerinthius." (Humphreys, 2005, p. 188)

"The first reasonably complete copy we have of Galatians... dates to about 200 C.E." (Ehrman, 2006, p. 60) "...the Gnostics began to write gospels at about the same time John composed his - around 110 - 140 AD." (Dimont, 1991, p. 159) "...by the time the Gospels came to be written in the form that we know them, the finer details of the administration in Judea [ ie., the difference between a Procurator and a Prefect] had been forgotten." (Marsh, 1975, p. 72)

"By the time of Claudius, around 46, the title...had been changed to 'procurator' and Tacitus made the mistake, in about 115, of attaching this title to Pilate." (Wroe, 1999, p. 65)

"The Epistle of Barnabas...was probably composed...between 96 and 98 CE. It shows no knowledge whatsoever of any New Testament texts..."(Crossan, 1995, p. 122)

"It is very significant, for the date of the authorship of Luke, to note that the only Theophilius known to early Christian history...became Bishop of Antioch about 169-177 AD..." (Wheless, 2005)

"The so-called Gospel of John is something special and reflects...the highly evolved theology of a Christian writer who lived three generations after Jesus." (Vermes, 2000, p. 6) "Essentially it [the Gospel of John] is a mid-second century theology written to combat rival 'heretical' theologies." (Humphreys, 2005, p. 238)
www.jesuspolice.com...

Bible Absurdities
www.infidels.org...

Sixteen Crucified Saviours
www.actualfreedom.com.au...

Ancient Gods of the Bible
einhornpress.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You know you are talking about Alien, Reptillians and other species. Then you are talking about dwarf being an Alien specie if that is so, then I guess I'm a mother of a Alien spcie because my son is a dwarf.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Well, I am a higher authority than you! I know the Bable is full of lies - God told me that in person and inspired me to write this....

He also told me how to deal with you false prophets and your ridiculous claims!

I am on the Andromedon council so it must exist....

Another thing. If you call me a whacko and think these are insane claims then you are blaspheming against these Divinely inspired words!
edit on 13/9/11 by Pimander because: DIvinely inspired

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I think once we humans have reached the technological point where we can travel to other solar systems
we will be the bad guys. Other species out there will learn to fear us for sure. Humans by nature like to
explore and colonize, we have done it through out our history and still do it seems. There are currently other threads discussing how many planets we have found outside our solar system. As the Earth becomes more polluted and overcrowded, expanding our domain by colonizing other Earth like planets seem inevitable.
It does'nt matter how advanced our society becomes, humans are humans and we are a very dangerous
species. We will dominate space as we do on Earth.
edit on 13-9-2011 by weirdguy because: I cant spell

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I've often wondered where exactly the "Orions" supposedly come from. The Constellation on Orion may look like a little self-contained "neighborhood" from our 2-D vantage point here on Earth, but in 3-D space the stars in Orion are scattered all about. Most are closer to other stars (stars NOT in what we call Orion) than they are to each other.

For example, one of the three stars in Orion's Belt is actually closer to our own Sun than it is to one of the other stars in the belt.

If we went into space, there is no group of stars that we would be able to call "Orion". It only looks like they are in a group when seen from Earth.

So, can someone who believes in this stuff about the "Orion War" please tell me which specific star we are talking about?

edit on 9/13/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I know because I saw for myself.

Dunno what/who they are though.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I don't necessarily doubt that some people have "seen things". I'm just not so sure that what some people have seen were "aliens".

edit on 9/13/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: speelling

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

still trying to convert lol with your preaching

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

With a load of all sorts of stories and claims about one person or group....or another....feels is the reality about E.T....clogging up the internet sites....with a wide selection of claims and purported...FIRST HAND INFORMATION....it is dificult for a person who does not have any REAL WORLD source or experience to take any of what you have posted or questioned to make a qualified judgement.

I have to admit....I laughed pretty hard as I read the claims. It always amazes me what people will make up to feel important....when the reality is that anyone who knows ANYTHING AT ALL about all that is E.T.....wishes very hard that they had never found out.

My advice is that a person can get somewhat of a REAL LIFE understanding of the reality of what is E.T. by simply looking at any pre-1961 newspaper reports....with the ones from the 50's specifically from DC papers....a very good and acurate documentation of events and quotes from government and military personel.

LOL! What I really get a kick out of is when someone writes the names of supposed races and origins of E.T. species! LOL!....as per my sometime job....I KNOW to be pure fiction. Besides....they are very secretive of their origins...as any visiting race should be.....would YOU tell an Alien race the location of EARTH if YOU were visiting their home world? LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Thanks for the great post. Spot on!

Another notable mug for your lineup is Phil Schneider. Besides my having inside knowledge on the fact he was an psychopathic liar for most of his life, and where he got his UFO information from, even a complete stranger should have been able to spot the rock he holds up and claims to be "Corbomite".

Umm... sorry folks, that comes from Star Trek, not reality.

edit on 13-9-2011 by A51Watcher because: the usual

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
yeah right, but may be they do exist and they don't want us to know they do exist till they are done preparing for the surprise attack.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I cannot understand it either.

I am one who has been through "alien abduction" experiences too, and STILL cannot wrap my head around it to a point of believing in it!

That is not to say these experiences were foggy, dreamlike, unreal (as they are portrayed in movies) they were just as real-seeming as this moment right now, with me sitting at my computer, hair wet from the shower I just took, my fridge humming behind me.....

But since most crazy people don't know they are crazy, how do you know you are not crazy???? How can any one of us rely with any faith, upon ANYTHING (including what others say) to be "true"?! I mean, the persons who tell you something or confirm something, could be a hallucination, that you just believe to be real!
Our senses can tell us things that science tells us are false, so they cannot be trusted for absolute truth. Other humans, as powerless as we are to eliminate that possibility may believe that they have truth..... but that doesn't mean they do.

I gave up on trying to possess knowledge, and on all belief. I let gnowledge move through me, I just interact with whatever is in front of me in the present, without concern over it's reality. I play the game of the collectively agreed upon limits and structures of reality, without any deep attachment to it.

I think belief and the sense of possessing knowledge, gives a sense of control and power which soothes and delights people. But letting go, as scary as it seems, is a very comfortable experience in the long run too.
"I don't know", is about the most realistic and truthful assertion I can make.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by wigit

I don't necessarily doubt that some people have "seen things". I'm just not so sure that what some people have seen were "aliens".

Oh, I've never seen an alien. But I've seen things that are alien to what we know.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

reply to post by wigit

Oh, I've never seen an alien. But I've seen things that are alien to what we know.

yep, like giant monumental buildings, and scriptures in which that can't be built by the human being during that time.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

UFOlogy is based on rumors, additions to orignal stories. The draco was an addition to the story of "big headed grey aliens" running around, this was in 1980. The information was accumilated, so we can say it was from 1979.

I have to say that I know it is far fetched, but there is accumulated evidence of this. The root of this story does not appear to be a hoax or disinformation.

The reason why there are no pictures is because the species are so highly evolved they will never put themselves in any distance of a human being unless they are in total control. The second we can understand is that it is ATS.

edit on 14-9-2011 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

reply to post by wigit

It depends on the specific sighting, but I don't understand how some people can make the logical leap from:

"I see something I can't explain"
to
"Therefore, it must be aliens"

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join