It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motivation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Tough these days to find some motivation ain't it?

We all sit around in our boxy houses or squished condos, duplexes and apartments, figuring out what to do... When you finally build up the drive to go do something you realize you have neither the time nor the money to do it.

And then you have to restart the thought process.

Put in some extra hours of work. Maintain that drive for a few weeks and the money starts coming in. "Oh boy, I got enough to do all those things I wanted!". The boss just called, wants you in early tomorrow. Give a little and they take a mile...

Lay off the work for awhile because it was bringing you down. A man can only work so many hours a day. Starting to burn out. The wife saw it, so did the friends and co-workers. Bags under the eyes and a diuretic sweat that took ten pounds off your frame.

A week or two goes by and then your head starts thinking clearly again. It comes back... the drive. Now all the possibilities in the world seem possible. Fun, freedom and joyful activities are just around the corner. But you open your wallet and notice that you spent most of your extra earnings recovering from the brief burnout.

And it hit's you. All this extra free time came around again but you have no money to enjoy it.

Where's my motivation? Lost somewhere between slavery and freedom.

by Boncho.

(Personal stories- Perhaps not my own, but I know someone out there is feeling it)

edit on 12-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Where's my motivation?

I hear you guy...but check it out, this sorry sap has got it way worse.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Imagine being in those shoes..? So, I think it's safe to say, the lesson here is that no matter how bad you think you got it, someone is worse off.

Smile, find your motivation, and drive on...

edit on 12-9-2011 by facelift because: drunken gmmaarr

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I was gonna respond....

...but, then: meh.

no motivation!

S&F!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Now THAT'S funny.

And Boncho, nice piece. Almost as good as this one.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
My MOTIVATION left the minute I signed the contract..

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

When I was younger man just starting a family I got all caught up with "Competing with the Joneses". They got a new car. We had to get a newer car. They got a van we got a nicer van they got a new TV we had to get a BIGGER TV etc etc etc and so it went for a few years. It was easy at the beginning to stay motivated. My young son was healthy and active and my daughter was a newborn. I had bills coming out of every orifice. But I didn't care. My children weren't spoiled and they didn't go with out. We would splurge every so often.

I kept killing myself working 60+ hours a week trying to not only provide for them but also compete [Foolishly] with my neighbors and or inlaws. Then one day it finally dawned on me that I was trying to compare how I felt on the inside with how they looked on the outside.

Materialism.

Now I stay motivated by accomplishments. I like learning new things. I love to read, hike, camp or simply go for walks and meet new people of all backgrounds. I started a new thing a couple of years back and that's to attempt to leave any and all cashiers with a smile to lighten their day with humor. It makes me feel good and I get a warm welcome whenever I shop there.

I dunno, it's obviously an inside job. The older I get the less I find myself thinking about me and more about others. Seeing others happy nowadays is enough motivation for this 24 hour period. Tomorrow? I'll think about it when it arrives.

edit on 12-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Motivation... What a word.

Should we be motivated to strive for excellence in our professional lives, our home lives suffer, and vice versa. It has me questioning the entire makeup of the whole deal.

I honestly believe there to be some profound onslaught on accomplishment.

I work a job. The job I work is never finished. Some would say, "Grats, you have job security.", but is it truly? If that all too gratifying "sense of accomplishment" is removed from the equation, what are we left with? We are left with yet another day facing the same adversary knowing all too well that there will be no victor. What effing kind of existance is this?

I want nothing more than to walk away from being a good little corporatist angel.

Effing corporatist angels, allways skimming the tree-tops of human fallacy on their "safety-wings".

The only motivation I have is to cause as much disruption as I can to my company from within the ranks. My hatred for thier "way" keeps me warm at night.

Motivation..... It is a word used by the corporatist shells of people to coerce other human beings into complacency of inhuman ways.

Motivation..... Should I feel it, distruction will be the product.

Effing motivation.......

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Reminds me of my days working at taco bell back in California in a small town in piss poor nowhere. Working odd hours, and driving my step dad around so he can work his job at the convenience store where I would cash my sorry excuse for a check. Fun wasn't even on my mind half the time, the times I was home I only had a precious amount of time. I would smoke some green, or lurk forms. Whatever money I tried to save would be eaten up by gas and what little fun I could afford. Luckily I had some family who moved me out here, haven't been motived myself, kind of sapped after 5 months of that crap. Been writing again though and I'm hoping to get the drive and take the world on once again!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I enjoyed that.

Sometimes people forget the little things can be more fulfilling than what we perceive is.

top topics

join