It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shape-shifting Octopus!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
WOW!!! That is the most amazing thing I have seen in quite a long time. It makes me wonder if there are unknown land animals that posses the same ability and we just can not see them.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
These animals are so amazing.

I can't help imagining scientists trying to identify the genes that make this possible so they can use them in other ways with other animals to make a new species. I know.. that's messing with nature, but it's sooo cool.

And I also can't help but wonder what life on other planets might have developed to be like and if they too might have amazing camouflage techniques that we have no way of understanding at this point.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

This was a cool video, I didn't know where it was when the video first started and even now I had to closely watch the Ceph to make sure I know where it is when it changes color.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

Yeah man, I hear ya
. I couldnt stop watching the video when I first saw it.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Bigfoot comes to mind..

just thinkin' out loud here...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Yes, but are they tasty?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is just AMAZING!!! So if we 'follow the $$$' what governement facilities are working on teh same type of camoflauge for ships/planes/submarines/etc....?

You know this is something they would definitely want to take advantage of...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
How does the squid know what we see so that he can fool us effectively? Anyone still believe in the evolution THEORY after watching that? All of nature testifies of the mind of a great Master Designer!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is phenomenal.
People say that humans are the most amazing thing on Earth but things like this really prove how amazing life is in general.
I loved how the octopus could change just by looking!!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join